Really bad mood on fast days

Hi everyone. I've tried every diet going and I have to say that 5:2 is by far my favourite and the best for me. I took a break in May because May is a really bad month for me due to various anniversaries and just a really bad mental health month for me.

I realised yesterday that we're half way through June and I seem to have forgotten to start again. Oops. So I'm back to doing 5:2. I will be going to the gym every other day, so picking two days in between to fast (so this week fasting Mon & Wed, gym Tues, Thurs and Sat).

But the only downside to 5:2 for me is that I get in a really bad mood! To the point of constantly arguing with my bf and going to bed between 8 and 9 just to get the day over. Has anyone found this to be a symptom that has disappeared for them? I really want to use 5:2 long term :)

Hi everyone. I've tried every diet going and I have to say that 5:2 is by far my favourite and the best for me. I took a break in May because May is a really bad month for me due to various anniversaries and just a really bad mental health month for me.

I realised yesterday that we're half way through June and I seem to have forgotten to start again. Oops. So I'm back to doing 5:2. I will be going to the gym every other day, so picking two days in between to fast (so this week fasting Mon & Wed, gym Tues, Thurs and Sat).

But the only downside to 5:2 for me is that I get in a really bad mood! To the point of constantly arguing with my bf and going to bed between 8 and 9 just to get the day over. Has anyone found this to be a symptom that has disappeared for them? I really want to use 5:2 long term :)

I do get a bit moody but really just focused on my main meal so get stroppy if anything gets in the way!!

Yea that might be the case! I'm fasting again today and my mind keeps wandering. But I've slept quite well since starting this time round, so that's something!

Back