Really been knocked back...

ellierose988

Silver Member
I've been doing Slimming World for 3 months and been feeling really good - lost 24lb... and someone just commented on my food diary that I'm eating too many potatoes...?

I really didn't think I was... and now I'm really doubting myself... I thought my daily intake was good :(

I wouldn't worry she obviously hasn't a clue what's he's talking about or she would have elaborated on it! You're still loosing so keep it up and only change things if you need to! :)

Keep doing what your doing ! We all eat differently based on what we luke, our lifestyle, what we can cook :p I ahve quite a lot fo repetition in my diary over the week but really because I cook at night and often this is my lunch the following day or dinner for a few days as my OH won't eat the healthy stuff I cook .... Only becasue he is a bodubuilder and east 1000's calories each day xx

Awesome weight loss so far so keep it tup xx

Aww chicks, big hugs!!!
After looking at her posts I genuinely don't think she knows how slimming world works... Keep up with what your doing is its working fab for you xxx

Hi, i have just had a look at your food diary & i dont think your eating to many potatoes. I do a mix of green and ee days, because i like my pasta & potatoes.
You are loosing weight so "dont fix what aint broken" hun. If its working for you, which it obviousely is then keep doing what your doing.
People shouldnt comment on your food diary or anything else for that matter unless they can justify what they said. I noticed she hasnt come back to defend herself, that to me means she aint got a clue about following the sw plan.
Goodluck with your weight losses.
Amy x

24lb gone in 13 weeks? You're doing just fine, my lovely. Don't let anyone knock you back. Even if you were eating too much of something... if it was still working for you, so what?! If it aint broke, don't fix it! :D

Thanks loads, guys. I feel a lot better after sleeping on it. I just wish I didn't take things to heart so much!

Thanks for restoring my faith in what I'm doing! :)

It's all swings and round abouts.
Some people don't do well with lots of carbs, others do.
I don't loose well if I have pasta or bread, or if I have more than one large potato a day ( tried jackets for lunches as well as roasts for tea and didn't lose that week ), but that's just me.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I agree with coljack. Everybodys different. I've lost in total 1 stone and 4 pounds since I did a weight management at my docs after my stop smoking course, and joining slimming world 8 pounds of that loss is with slimming world and I havnt cut out potatoes pasta and my measured healthy extra of bread. I think some people don't do well with lots of carbs where as some people do ok on them. You seem to be doing ok on them so don't cut them out!! Just if you start sticking or getting real slow losses, maybe try mixing things up. I wouldn't worry about it at all for now x I think you've done really well so far to be honest! X

I dont think the comment was meant in anything other than a helpful way. It could be the person has found when they have potatoes it slows things down and commented based on their experience

I don't think sone of the comments made to the person have been helpful. It seems a bit ironic that in responding to the fact Ellie was upset by one comment potentially the other poster has had a lot of very blunt comments made to her. I think supporting Ellie and pointing out to the other person that it wasn't necessarily the case is more helpful than telling her o butt out etc

It's all swings and round abouts.
Some people don't do well with lots of carbs, others do.
I don't loose well if I have pasta or bread, or if I have more than one large potato a day ( tried jackets for lunches as well as roasts for tea and didn't lose that week ), but that's just me.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Just looking at this thread and wanted to say how amazing your weight loss is and well done!!!

I dont think the comment was meant in anything other than a helpful way. It could be the person has found when they have potatoes it slows things down and commented based on their experience

I don't think sone of the comments made to the person have been helpful. It seems a bit ironic that in responding to the fact Ellie was upset by one comment potentially the other poster has had a lot of very blunt comments made to her. I think supporting Ellie and pointing out to the other person that it wasn't necessarily the case is more helpful than telling her o butt out etc

I know what you mean... I really, really appreciated the support I got back from it and it was so lovely to see people sort of sticking up for me, but at the same time I don't want the poster to feel attacked.

After sleeping on it and thinking more I really don't think they meant anything bad. It was just the way it was put - came across very blunt and quite rude but I'm sure they were just still getting used to the site/SW etc.

Either way I've moved on from it now, but I still thank those who restored my faith in my eating habits and supported me.

Back