really concerned

So today is my first day. I started the day off with a butterscotch shake, i literally had to force it down. At lunch i had maple and pecan porridge... I had to bin it, it was terrible. I had a chocolate tetra, which was bearable. I got really hungry so decided to have my tea, oriental chilli soup.... Wtf it was gross, had to tip that also. So now i'm on choc orange which i'm really finding hard to chug. I'm 100% committed to this but i'm really concerned that every meal time is going to be horrible. How are you lot doing it? I can't see any posts where ppl are struggling with the taste of the packs. Please help

If it is the first time taking Cambridge you will taste the strong taste of vitamins and minerals.

Before you have your shake if you drink a small glass of water first it will help to dilute the taste.

If you split your shakes in two and make each half up fresh and consume within 15 minutes as some of the vitamins are water soluble.

This would help in not wasting any and it would also help with hunger having 6 mini meals throughout the day instead of 3 full ones.

If you are able to stick with it you will find that you no longer taste the vitamins and minerals in the shakes as your taste buds adjust.

I think myself the vanilla and strawberry are probably easier to take starting off..

Hope that helps:)

minniemooo said:
So today is my first day. I started the day off with a butterscotch shake, i literally had to force it down. At lunch i had maple and pecan porridge... I had to bin it, it was terrible. I had a chocolate tetra, which was bearable. I got really hungry so decided to have my tea, oriental chilli soup.... Wtf it was gross, had to tip that also. So now i'm on choc orange which i'm really finding hard to chug. I'm 100% committed to this but i'm really concerned that every meal time is going to be horrible. How are you lot doing it? I can't see any posts where ppl are struggling with the taste of the packs. Please help

Hi,
You'll get to fjnd the things you like. I didn't like any of those either but I do like others. I found adding ice to the cold shakes better ( and I water the tetras down with water and ice) and they're more manageable.
Try and stick with them, you'll find some you like x

Week 1, -7lb | Week 2, - 2lb (different scales, new CDC) | Week 3, ?

I was the same, now im really boring but i stick to banana for brekkie, strawberry lunch and chocolate dinner, i made the mistake of buying porridge and soup and very nearly stopped because i couldnt face them, now i stick to what i like x

I know just how you feel. I thought I'd love the mango so had loads of them but hate them!! Only coping because I have enough for banana and chocolate once a day which I love. Next week it'll be chocolate banana and porridge. Just stick with it and try more things next week remember its not forever!

Hi I know how you feel, I was wondering how I was going to do this as I don't like the taste of a lot of products but it's trial and error in the beginning, you need to find what you like Abd stick to them. I found that the choc tetras with ice, the chicken and mushroom soup and the veg soup were all really nice so I mainly stick to these and then purchase the odd sachet of other flavours to try. The powder shakes I find disgusting they just taste grainy and powdery no matter how much they are blended. If you like chocolate milkshake then the choc tetras are your best bet. I'm even considering moving onto just 3 of these a day.

Hi, thank you for your replies. Ive finally found one i actually really like... Choc mint shake.... Phewwww ive text my lady and i'm going to get the tetras and choc mint. Today is my second day, and so far so good, not hungry. Weeing like a race horse. Xx

Ha ha! I DO live off 3 choc tetras a day!!!! Very rarely I'll have something else like a hot chocolate shake but at least 5 days out of 7 I'll stick to my tetras thanks!

You'll soon find some you like I'm a chocolate mint with Ice kinda girl :) it will get easier and my Cambridge lady let me swap all the ones I hated for just choc mint, cappuccino and banana :) good luck finding your fave!

Thank you for all your replies. Ive found choc mint to be the savour, i'm swapping all the soups and the shakes, for tetra and choc mint. I feel so much more relaxed now knowing each meal time isn't going to be a chore :)

Chocolate mint is absolutely the way forward :) glad you've found your saviour :D

Made a bounty shake last night, half a coconut and half a chocolate sachet - that was really nice and made a change from my tetras and bars.

My consultant says half her clients just buy 21 choc mints, I bought 15 out of my 28. Chocolate orange doesn't compete!!

Made a bounty shake last night, half a coconut and half a chocolate sachet - that was really nice and made a change from my tetras and bars.

Hmmm that sounds yummy - I'm getting my first coconut sachet this sunday from my CDC so think I'll try that one, thanks x

I stick to what I like but am very lucky in the fact the ONLY one I dont like is the chilli soup.
I actaully quite like all of the others but I do find my taste buds change from week to week. I used to HATE banana and chocolate milk but I now preffer those to the strawberry.

You could maybe try some of the shakes hot ?
Cappuccino shakes is just like a coffee ?
The mint choc shake is like a options hot choc ( or as near to it as it could be lol )

There are so many to chose from so try as many as you can to find what suits you best. Good luck x x x

I love choc orange, I have 10 of these a week n I love the half coconut n half choc too it tastes just like a bounty bar. I have all mine hot too. Good luck xx

Back