really confused

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by chunky-monkey77, 3 November 2009 Social URL.

1. chunky-monkey77

chunky-monkey77 i seriously swear i am up 2 no good !

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi on the website it says the quorn peppered steaks are free on both plans but 2night at class my leader said these have a syn value . so now dont know who to believe can anyone help ??:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    If it's definitely the same ones, then the website is the most up-to-date source of information. She might have been trying to warn people that not all Quorn products are free?

My consultant freely admits she doesn't know the syn value of everything - she's really only familiar with the things that she eats regularly herself, and everything else she has to look up! Remember consultants are humans too!

If you're really worried about this, why not give your consultant a call/text/email just to check before next week's class?

4. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I thought they were free too! Can someone clarify?

5. Lindyxx

Lindyxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There are 2 different typs of these, quorn suprinsgly tender peppered steaks, and just peppered steaks, I could only find the syn value for the surprinsgly tender ones ( which were free) the other ones which I bought, were not listed on the SW website, so my consultant said if its not in the book or online then u have to use the syn calculator to work it out, and the ones I had, worked out at something like 5 syns on both days.

6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    But did you include a free food allowance for the quorn? That will make a big difference to the syn value if you didn't?

7. Lindyxx

Lindyxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Nope, not sure how u do this, infact didnt even know u could do it

8. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    On the first screen of the syn calculator you choose if you want green/red/both syn values worked out. Then below that it says

"Many products that contain Free Food are given an allowance, however those with a high energy density and low filling power, like crisps and cake, are not. If your product gets a Free Food allowance enter it below using the drop down boxes. If your product doesn’t get an allowance or doesn’t contain Green/Original Free Food, please select ‘No Free Food’. (Not sure? Click the [​IMG] above.) "

From the drop down menu you select whatever is appropriate - in this case vegetarian products. A second drop down menu will appear with more detailed options - choose meat alternative, raw and then continue to enter the nutritional info as before.

Let us know how it works out as I'd be interested in whether they are syn free.

9. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Please please please do, I wanted some of thise for tea with potato wedges but 5 syns is a bit steep!

10. Lindyxx

Lindyxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Circes, will try this when I buy some more, not bought any since I thought they were 5 syns lolor if anyone has any at the moment and would like to post the nutrional info here, I will check it out on the syns calculator

11. chunky-monkey77

chunky-monkey77 i seriously swear i am up 2 no good !

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks i had been taking them as free not realising that there were 2 types!! maybe that is why the pounds keep finding me. I so love this forum its brill:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.