Really disheartened this week

MrsHop

Hi everyone haven't had much chance to post this week but I've been sticking to the rules religiously. Anyway I've only lost 0.75 pounds this week.
I've done loads of exercise this week too, i know its still a lossI just feel a bit deflated it wasn't more.
Sarah.x

I know it's hard but slower loss is actually better in the long run. Have you had much salty food - stock, soy sauce, processed meat, bacon? Is it the TOTM when you hold water? Have you, truly, truly, eaten enough protein? Did you weigh after a PV? Just a few ideas.

Hi Mrs Hop, I so know how you feel. I follow a very clear pattern of good losses then long stall's inspite of me being extra good. I get down and moan about it everytime the scales don't move (much to my minimins friends dismay I am sure). I just can't get used to the idea that my body takes a while to adjust itself. So i moan then I jump up and down with joy than i moan some more, it's a fabulous roller coaster of a ride :D
Keep your head down and ignore those pesky scales , good luck xx

:bighug:

I agree! Ignore those scales for the moment. You may get a big loss next week or the week after so don't be disheartened.

aw hun, I may be new to Dukan but I'm definately not new to dieting. Its always hard when the weight doesn't move, but it will move again, the engine has just stalled a bit, give yourself a treat of some kind, a nice bubble bath, film to watch or something like that. Hugs hun, xx

Thanks for the support everyone! I weighed the morning after a PV day could this make a difference. I ate asparagus that day aswell which I thought would help?! I've eaten lots of protein. I have a fair bit of smoked salmon and tinned tuna and I. Have crabsticks and sugarfree jelly most days could this make a difference? My weight has fluctuated by a few pounds all week by as much as 4 pounds some days but I decided not to get too upset and wait until thursday morning as this is the day I have scheduled as my weigh in day. Does anyone elses weight fluctuate like that?SarahX

Hi Sarah, have you shared your actual menus/food intake with some very rough in indication of quantities somewhere, in a diary, or on the menus thread at the top. Then we might be able to see if there is a problem somewhere. These can sneak up on you unaware - yoghurt with hidden sugars, prepared meats with hidden carbs, the list of potential pitfalls is endless...
If you know you have been 100% following the rules to the letter then don't give up, the loss will happen, mine always did in 5-7day spurts, in between my weight would stall or even go up!

I actually put on weight my second week, was so gutted....but lots of support on here a positive attitude, and I lost then lost again the week after! This week been very rubbish as had my period.......but only 0.5lb off my stone, in 5 weeks, so am happy!! Good luck, and it will work promise.xxxx

Back