Really Don't Understand

Sass

Silver Member
I have just done my weekly weigh in and i have sts which was the same story as last monday :( This is really starting to get to me now. I am being very good, I avoid most carbs, have cut tea and coffee from my diet and i am sticking to the diet pretty well, i'm having all that i should with regards to the shakes and snacks plus a good meal. Last night i had a roast dinner with the family but i was very good and had no roast potato's, roast pork and lots of veg oh and gravy :( adding up the cals the dinner wasn't that bad. Most of the week i have had a healthy option ready meal with less than 600 cals and i am having my last evening snack at about 9ish. Can anyone see where i am going wrong, if so please don't hesitate to tell me because i want this diet to work more than anything in this world. I don't want to be fat anymore!!!

I just really don't understand why my weight isn't shifting. I thought that because i have a lot to lose that i would at least find it easy to shift the first 2 stone but this is becoming a slog with no pleasure from jumping on those scales each monday (my WI day).

I am so upset, i have just made an appointment to see my doctor because i'm feeling so down hearted that i want to give up. Maybe she can help in some way. I hope !!!

I use the wii fit to weigh myself and i was wondering if perhaps these are a little inaccurate ( but is that wish full thinking)?! With regards to exercise this week i have only done 30 mins of jogging, i walked the dogs round the woods, other than that i haven't done much else. Could this be another reason ? How much exercise do you all do each week whilst on SF ?

Sorry for my rant, i'm at my wits end this morning and i needed to vent my feelings.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hi Sass

Sorry you are feeling so low, I had several weeks feeling like that too when I couldnt seem to shift anything. Have you tried measuring yourself as you may find your loosing inches, I also weight much more and random weights if I use my wiifit, especially as I usually weigh myself first thing and I use the Wii late at night. I would get some normal bathroom scales and use them. I also swear by having a day off once a week, my doctor told me it will stop my body adjusting to the diet and not working as hard to shift the weight, but I have a lot to loose so it may be different.

Hope things get moving for you :)

hi sass, me too! i've got loads to shift and thought it was going to be really easy with losing 10lb in my first week but then 2lb 2nd week, sts 3rd and put on 3!!!!! this week but then i did have a very naughty weekend so can agree with that.

like you though i stick to it religiously every day and would have hoped to lose at least 2lb a week. i wonder though if its some of it is due to me doing no exercise whatsoever, i thought that by cutting down my food intake so drastically would automatically lose weight that way. I might be wrong and would gladly take any advice that is going :sigh:

i'm also going to see my doctor this week hopefully just to check there isnt a thyroid problem which might be the case for you too and if this is clear then i guess exercise is the key!

i don't understand the diet enough to say more but hopefully someone out there can.

Stick with it as next week may improve :) x

I doubt your Wii scales are all that accurate, especially if its on carpet.
you dont sound like you are doing anything wrong.. perhaps weigh urself in Boots once a week and you geta print out and can watch the pounds dropping off. i do a fair amount of exersise on SF, i go swimming for about 20 mins 3/4 times a week, 30 mins horse riding and a few high calory burning classes - rebounding and spinning, I lost quite a bit to start off with doing all these classes.
measuring yourself is a good idea, you could be toning up, getting slimmer before your getting lighter.

hope u'll notice some differences soon!

Thank you all so much for all your support and advice, you really are great, all of you. Im going to stick to the plan today, even though i so wanted to drown my sorrows in something unhealthy, hmmm that would'nt have helped, but im going to plod along with this very long road.

Thanks again peeps
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aw Sass :hug99: Just a thought, when you have your ready meals do you make the meal up to 600cals,I always have a yogurt or a WW cake as well. I've read on here that if you don't have enough calories your body panics and holds onto fat. I started on wii fit this weekend, I finally got one!!!...but my weight on their is totally different to what my scales say, so i'm sticking to the bathroom scales every weds.I know i'm a stuck record about water :eek: but are you drinking lots? I'm sure this helps a lot!
I hope things start moving for you soon :)

Hi there well I weighed in this morning and was very disappointed as I have put on 1lb this week! I have stuck to the diet rigidly all week and just had one slip up on Saturday when I went out for the evening but I really don't feel like I deserve to put on a lb just for that!!!

Like you I feel like just going to the shop and buying a big bar of chocolate or something and pigging out! But I won't I'll stick at it I guess and see how this week goes!

It's really good to know that other people are going through the same thing. Godd luck everyone and heres to the scales moving downwards next week!

Hi Hannah

Yep like you i'm very careful to drink enough water as i'm sure this helps too.

Hi Sass.. ..I read somewhere around here that drinking water burns 3% more calories that not drinking water.. so I hope that is inspiration for you!

I'm sorry you're having a tough time.. like you, I didn't loose any this week.. but I'm pretty sure the birthday cake I made for my boss this past friday didn't help. :8855: I have one more suggestion though... is it your time of the month? We often retain water then. I'm hoping that is the case for me because I'm late! (Yea.. don't get any ideas....:rolleyes:)

LR

Hey Sass don't get downheaterted I'm sure ur trying ur best... u have already lost a considerabel amount of weight so welldone u! Maybe u need to try a different diet, or just stick with it and maybe a big lump of weight will fly off! I believe its called a "plateau"lol!!
I heard that if ur overweight then ur dr can contribute towards a gym membership for u! I try and get down the gym as foten as I can now and I feel much better

It's really good to know that other people are going through the same thing. Godd luck everyone and heres to the scales moving downwards next week!

Hi Chocolatelover

I think alot of people have a week like we are having and i think we need to be very very strong (which isn't easy)

I was just reading on the CD boards as im thinking of trying that, but whilst there i found this amazing post it was amazingly well fitting with how im feeling.

Fact: Stick to the plan and you definitely lose weight
Fact: You can control what you put in your mouth
Fact: You cannot control what the scales say.

So what do you celebrate? The scales showing a loss, or the fact that you kept to the diet all week?

What if you stick to the diet, but the scales don’t reflect your effort? Will you be disappointed, even though you have done everything correctly and couldn’t possibly do any better? Knowing that you will have lost weight…but it didn’t mean anything because the scales are giving the wrong result?

What if you ‘cheat’ and the scales show a big loss…does that mean you’ve succeeded and need a pat on the back?

Or even if you’ve been 100% and the scales are showing a loss? Does it mean more to you? Does that mean you’ve done even better than 100%?

I think the scales are a wonderful tool. I weigh daily, and love seeing them give the same reading day in and out, but that’s not what I really celebrate.

I celebrate being in control of what I put in my mouth, because that’s what I have done. I don’t celebrate what the scales say.

So if you’ve stayed the same one week, or just lost that one pound….if you’ve kept to the diet 100%, then be proud, because that’s what it’s all about. Stick to the diet and the weight is coming off….whether or not the scales agree. And you’re worth the same amount of applause than those who have lost more.

1lbs, 1 stone, it doesn’t matter. You can’t do better than 100% after all ;)

So do me a favour, and next time you go to your CDC for a weigh in, if you’ve been 100%, go in rejoicing.

Tell him/her you are going to be one of their success stories, because you were in control this week and will be next. If the scales reflect this, that’s just the icing on the cake. You’ve lost weight anyway. You don’t need a mechanical instrument to tell you whether you are in control or not ;)

Oooh. A nice big font....cos I think this is important:cool:

I think that whatever diet your on this post has a very good point and i for one love it :)

LightRaven,

I think its my totm next week, not sure if that should make a difference this week though ? My OH is going to get me a set of bathroom scales so lets see if the wii fit is right ( i so hope its wrong ).

after posting on here i started to feel alot better and have had a very focused day with regards to my diet, i will keep going on my mission to a slimmer/healthier me.

:thankyou: Everyone for your support today.

cd sounds like a punishment!

Hi there well I weighed in this morning and was very disappointed as I have put on 1lb this week! I have stuck to the diet rigidly all week and just had one slip up on Saturday when I went out for the evening but I really don't feel like I deserve to put on a lb just for that!!!

Like you I feel like just going to the shop and buying a big bar of chocolate or something and pigging out! But I won't I'll stick at it I guess and see how this week goes!

hi chocolatelover, i know how you're feeling as i put on 3 hefty lbs this week but i did have a pig out weekend (my middle son's birthday, i know any excuse :D) and its totm. here's hoping i'll get some of it off next week as am totally focused as of today.

as you say it does help to hear other people struggling (not in a nasty way!) but that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.

stick with it and we may be happier next time x

whooop whooop Im a happy Bunny this morning, my lovely OH bought me a nice pair of digital scales last night and they are sooo good to me, i have just weighed myself and i have lost 2lbs going on what i weighed at my last weigh in last Monday.

So now that i have scales i will use them to weigh myself instead of the wii, though i must say the wii wasnt out by much, i was kinda hoping it was out by a few stone :roofles:

well done!!

Back