Really fed up! Any advice apreciated!

Angelkitty

I am now in my third year of following SW. Since February I have lost nothing. I keep either maintaining, gaining a pound or two then losing the pound or two. It's like a vicious cycle. About 6 weeks ago I started exercising 4-5 days a week, mainly fat burning cardio exercise. The weight still isn't changing. I make sure that I always weigh and measure my healthy extras and if I have an extra easy day, I make sure I have 30% super free foods on my plate. I tend to alternate green and extra easy days.
I really don't know what else to do. I am a member of SW online, but I can't see anything on there to help me. I will happily accept any words of advice anyone on here has for me. Thanks xx

Firstly - WOW! Looking at your stats, you have done REALLY well, congratulations! The only thing I can think is that maybe you have got a little complacent and that your portion sizes have possibly got a little bigger than they were. As 18 stone you would have needed a higher general calorie allowance just to function daily, but now you are seven stones lighter, you won't need as much. Why not try having more red days to see if that makes a difference?

Firstly - WOW! Looking at your stats, you have done REALLY well, congratulations! The only thing I can think is that maybe you have got a little complacent and that your portion sizes have possibly got a little bigger than they were. As 18 stone you would have needed a higher general calorie allowance just to function daily, but now you are seven stones lighter, you won't need as much. Why not try having more red days to see if that makes a difference?

Thank you for your kind words and advice! I will try cutting my portion sizes down and look in to red days. I hadn't really considered portion sizes. Thanks again xx

Maybe your body is happy at the weight it is now as you're within the healthy BMI range. You might need to shock it a bit to get the last few pounds off. When I was very close to target, I had a week of counting calories (I know! It goes against everything SW stands for!) I stuck to 1200 cals a day and it almost killed me, but I lost 3lb that week and it kick started my losses.

Losing weight once you are at a healthy BMI is HARD! I'm the same as you...constantly up and down. I did start to exercise daily doing the 30 day shred - until my knee gave up and I found during that time that my weight didn't change but my shape definitely did.
pi would definitely try some red days, I find its much harder to overeat as there's only so much meat you can eat in one go and you are kind of forced to eat far more super free.

good luck!

My God you have done so well. I am full of admiration for people like you who have stuck at it. I am fed up of reading the posts on here 'well I haven't lost 2 stone in 2 weeks so I'm not doing it anymore'.

I'm a relatively newbie compared to a lot of you, but I do agree you can get a bit complacent and maybe eat the same kind of stuff and in the same quantities. I think the advice you've been given is good. Try something a bit different or less of it and lots of water can't hurt either. Looking at your stats you're not far from from target.

WELL DONE!!! :D

I can't see your stats on my iPhone, but I wonder if you might have reached your natural weight? Other posters have mentioned that you are at a healthy bmi. Sorry if this is silly! X

Thank you everyone for your kind words, encouragement and ideas. I will try to make a few adjustments to my eating. The BMI calculator on the stats here seems to be different to the one that my doctor came up with. He insists that I am still slightly outside the healthy range and says that he believes I need to lose at least another 1.5-2 stone. I'm going to try red days as of tomorrow and I'm going to start measuring myself not just weighing, just in case the exercise is changing my body shape as Lisaberry said it has for her. Thanks again! xxx

I too want to say well done for your huge loss so far.
I think another idea, alongside trying a few red days, is to change your healthy extras, it's so easy to eat the same thing day in, day out, as you don't need to think about it...(especially breakfast)
Eg if you normally have weetabix and milk, how about an omelette or a bacon sandwich,
Just changing things can be a kickstart
Hope a few changes give you results

I have just been out to buy some meat to attempt red days and also some different healthy extras! So fingers crossed! Thanks again everyone! I'll keep you posted! X

Defo shake up your meals, i too stuck for ages, so i did a week of red days and got out of my rut losing 3 lb x

You certainly can spend alot more doing red days! I normally do the full week of red just after payday!

As others have said try tracking your calories and see how much you are eating, I am quite close to your start weight and I know the size of my portions are quite big and that I will have to reduce them as my weight comes off (but at the moment if I am loosing with what I am eating I am happy)

I agree with everyone else! Maybe your body is just happy with where you've got to. I would love to be in the 11's - I was last there in 2007 and I loved how my body looked. And I'm 2 inches shorter than you as well! I bet you look fab :)

Well done on your losses!
I was about the same weight as you were at the start, same height & same weight loss! I have now stopped at my 4th Target, my doctor is very happy with me & told me to stop losing any more weight.I agree with the others that your body will decide when it has reached it's ideal weight & to go past that is hard.You can try to eat 2/3 super free with each meal instead of 1/3 which is the norm, this worked for me when I was struggling to get to my last target.
Pete

If you were in a group the consultant would probably suggest a week on the Fast Forward plan - can you get that online? I've never done it, its very restrictive but you get a good loss and it can re-educate your eating habits

As for the dr saying 2 stone more? What? That would surely put your bmi too low?

Do you measure yourself as I find exercise changes my shape but can affect my losses on the scales

Well done on your fantastic results so far

Yeah I suppose 2/3 super free on some days would be cheaper than red days. I have started to measure myself too. Thanks everyone! X

Back