Really frustrating...

Mrs.S

I have been diagnosed with PCOS about 7 years ago when I was 24. I've got excess hair, gained a lot of weight, have irregular periods (although for the last year I had my period nearly non-stop), am struggling to lose weight and to ttc...

I just get frustrated at times and at the moment is one of these times... Nobody seems to understand how this makes me feel... When I try to lose weight and I either don't or it goes down veeeeeery slowly I feel like a failure...the same when DH and I are ttc and nothing comes of it... I'd just like some sort of success with all this...

The excess hair and weight and that I don't find myself remotely attractive don't help either... :sigh2::(

Mrs.S, I feel exactly the same about the slow weight loss. I'm not sure what to suggest as I fee quite depressed about this myself. If anyone does have any tips, please feel free to share.

For my issues with hirsutism, I tried laser treatment. Worked a treat. It is expensive though, but you can shop around for cheaper deals. I don't know if that helps?

Hello Curly.Locks, thank you for your reply. About a months ago one of the Laser Treatment places around here had a good offer, where I now get 18 session of about half the price (they count each area as one session, so I will have 6 appointments for 3 different areas). I've only had 3 sessions (one appointment) so far and it already makes a massive difference. The hair did grow back, but when I washed in the shower it just fell off...so it looks like the roots are not that strong anymore...

That's great! I'm trying to find something reasonable myself at the moment, but I think even something reasonable will be too expensive for me with my financial situation at present!

Back