Really needs to happen this time...

BrightonMark

Trying... Really Trying.
Okay... So I'm sure alot of you have been here, I am a serial dieter, I lose a few stone, feel a million pounds and start to slack, before I know it I am heavier than before. I am now the heaviest I have ever been in my life and due to recent changes in my life have come to accept this REALLY needs to change. Its about changing my mind set as well as my diet, I have not been in a great place recently and my weight has been the main thing to suffer.

SW I think is the most balanced of the diets I have been on, although it hasnt been the one I most enjoyed (which was Atkins) although I just cannot accept that cutting our fruit and seriously cutting back on Veg is healthy in the long run.

Anyway, I guess this is me saying from the heart that I really want to change for life, I dont want to just loose weight, I want to move away from the dependancy I have on food, I eat when I am Sad, I eat to celebrate. I dont drink especially, dont do drugs, dont smoke, I eat. Silly amounts.

So yeah, that has to stop. Thanks for listening (well reading anyway). +

hello mate,

To be honest you dont need to lose much by comparison to a lot of us so you shouldnt take long to shift that weight.

Slimming world is a really good eating plan and im certain you will see the weight come off fairly quickly.

Best of luck and just remember that cutting corners isnt going to help so make sure you use your syns and make sure you measure your HEXs properly and the rest will be easy :)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

The problem with me isnt losing the weight in the first place (although its bloody hard tbh) its the fact I do a det, lose a few stone, think I'm in the clear and before I know it I'm back at square 1. I dont want to sound out of order as I know some other people are doing really well with their weight loss and have more to lose than me but I guess its just demoralising to slim/eat repeat!

Well this is where your lifestyle needs altering and i for one plan to follow the slimming world plan for the rest of my life and i would say if you are prone to going off the rails so to speak then maybe this would be something you should consider too as i was like that too but after doing this for 10 weeks now i can honestly say the plan is maintainable and with some tweaking will make for a healthy lifestyle which you could follow indefinately without really missing out on having some nice food... did you know a snickers is 13.5 syns for example?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

The problem with me isnt losing the weight in the first place (although its bloody hard tbh) its the fact I do a det, lose a few stone, think I'm in the clear and before I know it I'm back at square 1. I dont want to sound out of order as I know some other people are doing really well with their weight loss and have more to lose than me but I guess its just demoralising to slim/eat repeat!

Hi just reading how you serial diet and then put it all back on , one of the pitfalls I think is in the saying if you do what you always do you always get what you always got, so have a think about your daily routine do get up and go straight to the fridge for instance? perhaps mix it up and go straight to the bathroom and shower then have breakfast, do you climb into the car and reach for sweets maybe change whats available in the car some chewing gum or grapes etc instead, do you eat lunch at your desk ? try get outside for 5 mins instead, when you get in do you head straight for the biscuit/crisp tin but most of all ask yourself are you really hungry or do you want to just change the way you feel if like me you just want to change how you feel then try and identify what it is that is really eating you and try and deal with it not easy but worth a go and remeber don't be a prisoner of your past try and be a pioneer of your future deepak choprah

I think you have to get yourself to understand that you will have to do this for the rest of your life. Its just how it is, some people can eat what they like, others cant and we're the ones who cant.

Its never, ever going to be a case of following a plan until the weight has gone and then going back to "normal life". This *IS* normal life - for the rest of your life, if you want to keep the weight off. So you need to learn to cook healthy tasty stuff to make your food enjoyable, and still have your treats and days off, in a way you are happy with eating for the rest of your life. If you eat "diet-style" and minimise everything so it's boring, unenjoyable "diet food" you wont be able to stick with it for the rest of your life.

I dont know if thats any help to you, maybe you've done all this already, but it was quite enlightening to me when I realised I could make this be the way I *wanted* to eat instead of feeling I was missing out or having second-best.

Its never, ever going to be a case of following a plan until the weight has gone and then going back to "normal life". This *IS* normal life - for the rest of your life, if you want to keep the weight off. So you need to learn to cook healthy tasty stuff to make your food enjoyable, and still have your treats and days off, in a way you are happy with eating for the rest of your life. If you eat "diet-style" and minimise everything so it's boring, unenjoyable "diet food" you wont be able to stick with it for the rest of your life.

I dont know if thats any help to you, maybe you've done all this already, but it was quite enlightening to me when I realised I could make this be the way I *wanted* to eat instead of feeling I was missing out or having second-best.

Hey Mark. I agree with everything already said, especially Ermintrude's post. I'd just like to pick up on one thing you said in your opening post. You said that although you know Slimming World is the most balanced way of eating, the diet you most enjoyed was Atkins.What was it about Atkins you particularly liked? If it was eating lots of protein, then why not do Red days on, SW? Unlimited lean meat etc. balanced out with fruit & veg. To me it sounds like taking the best of both worlds and adapting it to suit your lifestyle in a permanent way.

Back