Really nice TOFU dish for the brave....

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by Blonde Logic, 4 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I made this last night, and it is definitely going to become a regular on my weeks planners....

Squeeze excess water from a block of firm Tofu and crumble into a bowl. Leave it fairly chunky and coarse, but also lots of little bits.

Crush 3 cloves garlic and add to tofu, douse with Soy Sauce and about a tablespoon of Sesame Oil, Salt and pepper, Cayenne pepper, Sweet Chili sauce, and leave to sit for a couple of hours. Or overnight. The longer the better.

Then add lots of sesame seeds, and a drizzle of honey. Stir, and put in a rasting tin and place in oven and cook it long and slow, stirring occasionally, untill well browned, slightly crunchy and sticky.

Then, tear of a little gem into bite size peives, and throw in some some rocket. Chop some avocado and slice some cherry tomatoes in half. Dress the salad with a little olive or walnut oil, and balsamic vinegar.

Put a generous spoonful of tofu on top, while it is still warm.

And eat! Very very tasty!

I never measure when I cook - if anyone wants to try this and needs more specific measures, let me know and I will try and work it out. I just throw stuff in to suit. :)
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.