Really nice TOFU dish for the brave....

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
I made this last night, and it is definitely going to become a regular on my weeks planners....

SESAME TOFU SALAD

Squeeze excess water from a block of firm Tofu and crumble into a bowl. Leave it fairly chunky and coarse, but also lots of little bits.

Crush 3 cloves garlic and add to tofu, douse with Soy Sauce and about a tablespoon of Sesame Oil, Salt and pepper, Cayenne pepper, Sweet Chili sauce, and leave to sit for a couple of hours. Or overnight. The longer the better.

Then add lots of sesame seeds, and a drizzle of honey. Stir, and put in a rasting tin and place in oven and cook it long and slow, stirring occasionally, untill well browned, slightly crunchy and sticky.

Then, tear of a little gem into bite size peives, and throw in some some rocket. Chop some avocado and slice some cherry tomatoes in half. Dress the salad with a little olive or walnut oil, and balsamic vinegar.

Put a generous spoonful of tofu on top, while it is still warm.

And eat! Very very tasty!

I never measure when I cook - if anyone wants to try this and needs more specific measures, let me know and I will try and work it out. I just throw stuff in to suit. :)

Back