Really starting to miss food!

Martyn

The Place To Be!
Well as the title says, for some reason i am REALLY starting to miss food. We saw an advert the other day for the new Domino's pizza and since then, i have really wanted to have it!

I am trying really hard not to fail, but it seems to be getting alot more emotionally harder to resist. I am not physically hungry at all (Have to remind myself to eat my packs most days) but my god what i would give to have some solid and real food!!!

4-5 Months is starting to feel VERY long, and i know its going to pass if i am on the diet or not, but argh!

Going for my 2nd Weigh in tomorrow, and gotta ask my CDC if i can drink on Thursday, other wise i am going to have to stay in AGAIN, only its halloween and me and my flatmates are all really looking forward to it, and if i have to pull out again (Missed so many nights out now) my flatmates are going to get even more annoyed at me.

They understand why i can't go out, but its frustrating on both ends, as together we have such a laugh.

Really starting to get down, hopefully tomorrow i will have lost another big chunk of weight to keep me focused, because i am starting to consider dropping, which i REALLY don't wanna do.

Maybe its just a bad night, after a day of eating really sh1t packs. Tomorrow i get my microwave at long last, so i can have muffins and crisps, hopefully they will get rid of my eating cravings, for another week atleast.

it's really hard have struggled with that myself !!!!!!!!!!!!!! but feel better now gotta look forward and think of all those new clothes perhaps a pressie to yourself will make you feel better I bought myself a pair of shoes and felt better already

can you not just go out, drink water and enjoy the atmosphere? i go out and if i want to be good i drink diet coke or water and i dont miss alcohol cos i enjoy the company and the atmosphere

Martyn said:
i am starting to consider dropping, which i REALLY don't wanna do.

Don't give up!
I know that might sound rich coming from a guy who hasn't even started yet, but you CAN do it.

Domino's pizza;
is it going to solve your problems? - NO
is it going to tell you it loves you? - NO
is it worth trading the prospect of smaller clothes, healthier body and better confidence?

I say, domiNO!
:p

All joking aside, I hope you do keep on with it Martyn - you'll thank yourself in the long run for it.

I do enjoy a good drink tho, i get bored really easy when i am sober and out drinking, even more so when its a really busy club, which it will be, the joys of students and fancy dress! hehe

I think i am just having a bad night and needed a good ***** and whine heh

Do you have any bar's yet Martyn? i get them on Tuesday and i think i am at the stage now were i need them.

This diet is sooo bloody hard, you see the great weight loss but I obsess about food(even food I don't like/want) food is a massive part of our lives. Hope your weigh in tomorrow keeps you motivated as you've done really well so far!!

Dont give up Martyn, being slim is going to feel soooooo much better than any pizza tastes. I know how you feel though as it seems every advert on the tv at the moment is for food and its killing me too but I so desperately want to be slim instead of "Big Debs" so am soldiering on.

Good luck with the weigh in and hopefully it'll refresh your motivation.

i know how you feel. but i am on week 4 and before i started CD i chose a few occasions when i knew i was going to have a break and have a night out. the first night out was yesterday and my next break is on my birthday in 4 weeks time. for me personally, if i cannot have (very) few select breaks then i know i will cave altogether and give up on the diet cos it is VVVV restrictive.

my advice to you would be to get to at least week 4 before considering a small break and you never know, by then you migth not even want to eat. also, have some bars, they are very chewy and help curb cravings.

im only on day 5 and I miss food (obviously!) and even licking the air near a hot dog van the other night almost had me arrested!
But seriously - think about this.
Before you dial a pizza or put some drink near your mouth...think that how one night can ruin the hardship of feeling deprived only to feel that way again when you start all over again.
Its not worth it.
If you booze you lose
If you eat - admit defeat
I am keeping an online diary which is proving to help me a lot. Im writing about the misery and FUN I am having with this diet and will look back at all the times I felt tempted when Im in my size 12 jeans and laugh at how I ignored the temptations.
Try writing one yourself - its so easy to do on blogger.
here is mine:
Chipping Away The Chunk

Im begging you not to break the pattern - you can have a great time... just keep yourself busy!

Oki feeling much better today!

All is fine in the world once again, angels have starting to sing, and birds are chirping around me one again.

Oki feeling much better today!

All is fine in the world once again, angels have starting to sing, and birds are chirping around me one again.
im only on day 5 and I miss food (obviously!) and even licking the air near a hot dog van the other night almost had me arrested!
But seriously - think about this.
Before you dial a pizza or put some drink near your mouth...think that how one night can ruin the hardship of feeling deprived only to feel that way again when you start all over again.
Its not worth it.
If you booze you lose
If you eat - admit defeat
I am keeping an online diary which is proving to help me a lot. Im writing about the misery and FUN I am having with this diet and will look back at all the times I felt tempted when Im in my size 12 jeans and laugh at how I ignored the temptations.
Try writing one yourself - its so easy to do on blogger.
here is mine:
Chipping Away The Chunk

Im begging you not to break the pattern - you can have a great time... just keep yourself busy!
read your blog it's really funny:)
good to hear, onwards n upwards

I dont know why Martyn, but was thinkng about you today as I contemplated scoffing a labrador passing by on my walk this afternoon. Despite the fact i could be banged up for animal cruelty, I started to think of the damage I would do since I managed to stick this first 5 days out. Im not going back to feeling unhappy and no amount of sugary treats, cakes, bread or fried food (even live dogs) is going to tempt me back to unhappiness.
I hope you manage to avoid that temptation and keep us all updated with yoru progress :)

I have considered that myself! lol. Feeling much better today, finally got a microwave so can make crisps and muffins, had them today and now i am 100% fine, i think it was my body missing chewing, my flatmate sat and ate a pizza beside me and i didn't even care, i just muched away on my crisps in my own little fun yummy filled world lol.

Plus, 18lbs in 2 weeks can make anyone happy! lol

im dead proud of you Martyn

Thanks hun! xx

really glad you are feeling better martyn :)
there's no reason you can't go out and drink water. everyone likes a nice drink, but it isn't necessary to have one to have a good time. and take it from me. once you are off this thing it is REALLY hard to get back on. look at me. one month after my holiday and i'm only just back down to where i was before i went. i've lost a month. i could be a stone lighter but no. i'm the same. it's a fine line we all walk.

and will you tell me the secret to muffins because i created burnt cat poo the time i tried it and never wanted to give it another shot...

abz xx

Well done on week 2 weigh in Martyn - absolutely brilliant!! Can you tell me how you make the crisps please? - like the sound of that!!

Muffins:

I put the shake powder in a measuring bowl, and then add water a bit by bit (tiny amounts have the water on a trickle) and keep mixing add more water until you get a sorta paste like thing, either swap it into a bowl or cup (you can start in them too... must start in them next time!) and microwave on full power for 1 min at first, see how it looks and then add it in for a few more seconds at a time until its all nice not soggy, and tada yummmyummmmy muffin.
Tonight i am going to try a strawberry muffin with strawberry sauce! wohoo!!

Crisps: Do exactly what you do with the muffin, but this one has to be a little bit more runny, not much tho! Instead of a bowl or cup, add them as dollops on a plate and smooth them until they are rather thin. The thicker they are the less crunchy they go, i always make a few thick ones, because they are REALLY nice!!! Oh, did i mention you use the soups for this?
You can also just make one big one to save time! lol. Again, bang in the microwave, my is a 700W and it goes on for about 2mins and then another few seconds, checking it every so often. Its going to be soft when hot, but hardens when it quickly cools down. Just look at the edges, it all seems to get a 'rougher' look ontop when i find it done.

Hope it helps girls!!!

Back