Really struggling to eat 20g carbs a day!

nikkikb

I am eating well, very well actually but i would have to eat a he'll of a lot of veg to get to 20g carbs! Today for example was:-

B: 2 egg omelette with cheese and mushrooms
L: Ham and cheese slices plus 2 eggs
D: Poussin with 100g broccoli, 50g asparagus and 100g pak choi

Now admittedly I didn't have salad or veg at lunch as I was in a rush at work but my whole days carbs was 6.9 so it would be a crazy amount of salad to make it up to 20g!

What am I doing wrong? These are already big portions of food and I am feeling full all day.

Help!

Hi Nikki, really interesting post and I am also waiting to see what replies you get, as I too am not eating 20grams carb a day, infact I didn't realise I had to eat all 20 just thought I had to stay on or under 20.

Recommendation is that 12-15g of your 20g of carbs should be from veg. So yes you really do want to have plenty - the thing to do is mix the lower and higher carb veg - have a look in the sticky "so your thinking of starting atkins" - it separates the two

So how much veg and salad should I be eating then. No way is 3 mugs full going to get me to 15g. Can anyone give me an example of how much they eat?

Things like tomatoes n onions are now allowed I think n they're higher in carbs so just adding a tomato to a salad will bump it up. Make sure everything u eat and drink is counted up n u really shouldn't struggle to get up to 20g.

Hi nikki try downloading the fat secret ap it is brilliant, contains all nutritional info. Including carbs

I'm struggling too and end up scoffing a measured heap of raw spinach leaves to make up the carbs. I'm also struggling to get the fat/protein ratio right. Whatever I seem to eat has loads of protein and not so much fat. Cheese is pretty good but with only a few ounces allowed it still leaves a 'fat gap' if you see what I mean.

Cream sauces, butter on veg, generous hand with the olive oil, pork crackling as snack (my staple is small 20g gold mr porky bag for morning and afternoon snack), fattier cuts of meat, chicken with skin, mayo (see great chicken recipe with mayo and parmesan), home made caesar dressing for salad......enjoy:D

Back