Extra Easy Really struggling today...

MissPoc

Only just joined minimins as I was flicking through the internet looking for a little bit of support (hope I've put this in the right place)

Been doing SW for 2 weeks now, 4.5lb loss last week at 1st weigh in. Wasn't finding it too hard, until now. I've got the dreaded man flu and just having a very rubbish day. Hardly slept last night but not managing to get any today. Also have spent all day trawling through job sites looking for a new job as I hate my current role (we've just been taken over). All in all, feeling pretty low. Resisting the urge, so far, to break open the chocolate ice cream that I know is in the freezer, but the chocolate cravings aren't going away.

Please, someone save me from myself!!!

Welcome to minimins. Get some low syn snacks in for times like this. If something free or superfree doesn't satisfy then having a range of these things will help. There are loads of posts on this site on snacks etc to have so have a look around and see if anything takes your fancy. I keep mikados, rocky road hifi's and options hot chocolate in for exactly these moments. I usually use HexA milk in my options which makes it richer and more filling. You can have chocolate if you have the syns but just make sure you're not hungry or thirsty before you have it. This is a fab website with loads of brill tips and info so glad you found us. There are loads of tips on ways to avoid temptation. Good luck :)

I know this won't help you now but, for the future, remove anything from your house that you know will blow your week if you're having a low moment. I love love love icecream and so I don't have it in the house because I know that I can blow my week in half an hour by scoffing a tub of Ben and Jerry's.

I've had a grand total of 1 Syn today but have looked up my choc icecream and I'm not quite prepared to give up 9 Syns for one scoop!!! Will have a look round, see if I can find something chocolately but low syn. Will definitely be buying some Rocky Roads on Wednesday - thanks for the tip :) I'm making some SW chips in an attempt to satisfy the need to comfort eat. Hoping for the best but not feeling overly confident!

xxx

I know this won't help you now but, for the future, remove anything from your house that you know will blow your week if you're having a low moment. I love love love icecream and so I don't have it in the house because I know that I can blow my week in half an hour by scoffing a tub of Ben and Jerry's.

Jaq, the chocolate ice cream isn't even mine - I'm house sitting for the parents!!! I've banned my boyfriend from having anything like that in our house because I could quite happily sit with a tub of Ben and Jerry's and a spoon x

I'm definitely for keeping a variety of low syn chocolate ideas in the house! The only thing that I can really offer here is pineapple...I'm pretty sure it doesn't work for everyone but if I'm craving something sweet having a few pineapple rings often helps me get rid of that sweet craving-I totally appreciate though that there are certain times when only chocolate will do haha!

I'm definitely for keeping a variety of low syn chocolate ideas in the house! The only thing that I can really offer here is pineapple...I'm pretty sure it doesn't work for everyone but if I'm craving something sweet having a few pineapple rings often helps me get rid of that sweet craving-I totally appreciate though that there are certain times when only chocolate will do haha!

Thank you :) might be sending the Mr out for pineapple later x

The other thing is to stick a muller light in the freezer for a couple of hours till it's almost frozen and it's like ice cream. The only thing with this is that it's not an instant I NEED SOMETHING NOW snack. You have to know at tea time that you're going to be struggling later but if you're anything like I was at the beginning I was always struggling! Honestly if you get through the first few weeks it does get easier. I don't really crave the sweet stuff now except at TOTM and I can have a big bar of dairy milk in the house and only eat a couple of squares which I never thought I'd be able to do!

peacelily said:
The other thing is to stick a muller light in the freezer for a couple of hours till it's almost frozen and it's like ice cream. The only thing with this is that it's not an instant I NEED SOMETHING NOW snack. You have to know at tea time that you're going to be struggling later but if you're anything like I was at the beginning I was always struggling! Honestly if you get through the first few weeks it does get easier. I don't really crave the sweet stuff now except at TOTM and I can have a big bar of dairy milk in the house and only eat a couple of squares which I never thought I'd be able to do!

That's genius! I've just been and stashed 2 muller light greek style yoghurts in the freezer. Weigh in tomorrow night. Not looking forward to it. I go with my mum and she's on holiday. I have issues with eating infront of people and its a taster night. I'm trying to convince myself to stay and not just weigh and run. I know I'll feel better for staying but... X

MissPoc said:
That's genius! I've just been and stashed 2 muller light greek style yoghurts in the freezer. Weigh in tomorrow night. Not looking forward to it. I go with my mum and she's on holiday. I have issues with eating infront of people and its a taster night. I'm trying to convince myself to stay and not just weigh and run. I know I'll feel better for staying but... X

Just make sure they don't freeze solid cos then they're quite difficult to eat. A couple of hours gets them to just about the right consistency. ;-) as far as the taster goes, you don't have to eat things if you don't want to, but if you fancy a few little bits just stick some on a plate. We had one today too but I didn't really feel like having much and didn't feel out of place. Better to stay rather than just weigh cos some good ideas might come out of it.

Last edited:
peacelily said:
Just make sure they don't freeze solid cos then they're quite difficult to eat. A couple of hours gets them to just about the right consistency. ;-) as far as the taster goes, you don't have to eat things if you don't want to, but if you fancy a few little bits just stick some on a plate. We had one today too but I didn't really feel like having much and didn't feel out of place. Better to stay rather than weigh cos some good ideas might come out of it.

I'm coming round to the idea! When I first joined I didn't really get the whole image therapy thing but to be fair, it does help. Got some fab ideas for breakfast last week. Thanks for your help, it's useful being able to talk about stuff like that - my friends would think I was barking!!!

Xxx

Our taster group (come Xmas party) was fabulous. I have come away with so many lovely recipe ideas, my head is buzzing with it. One of my friends pm'd me this morning with a lovely curry recipe. I am so fussy with food, but there was plenty for me to enjoy. And with regards to staying to group, it is so informative and thats what you pay for really. Please stay, I am sure you will get a lot out of it. :)

hollys nan said:
Our taster group (come Xmas party) was fabulous. I have come away with so many lovely recipe ideas, my head is buzzing with it. One of my friends pm'd me this morning with a lovely curry recipe. I am so fussy with food, but there was plenty for me to enjoy. And with regards to staying to group, it is so informative and thats what you pay for really. Please stay, I am sure you will get a lot out of it. :)

Xmas party? Now I'm all for making Christmas last as long as possible but its only October! Haha

I think its something to do with the Christmas countdown? We had the group party in October last year as well and just assumed that all groups did it the same week. Perhaps its just our group then. We all wore Xmas deeley bops and had carols on the go, and it was decorated with Xmas stuff. Lovely atmosphere too.:) :) :)

I really really love the chocolate orange muller light's, they give me a bit of a chocolate fix. The vanilla and coconut ones are OK too! 1/2 syn i think.
If I get hungry and it really is not meal time or near meal time, I eat a few pieces of fruit and drink some water or juice, and taking away any hunger really helps with that resolve to resist the chocolate etc!!

Oh i understood the vanilla and choc ones were also syn free!:)

They are, there was a time when they were synned but muller changed the recipe again and now they're all free except for the greek ones, the underlayer ones and the cheesecake ones.

If you need a good chocolate fix, the Cadbury's light chocolate mousse is only 3 syns a pot, and they are really yummy, I used to eat them before SW just because they are that nice. They really give me the chocolate fix I need.

Yes the chocolate mousses are really lovely! And dont get me started on the greek style muller yoghurts. Could eat a pack of 4 one after the other, they are to die for. My faves are coconut and the lemon one! Yum yum nom nom :)

Thank you for all the tips etc. Stayed to group. Very proud! 2.5lb off and first half stone sticker on week 2. So pleased! X

Back