Really upset no weight loss two weeks in row

Marieukxx

I have 6 stone to lose and have been on a low cal low fat diet for 6 weeks now. I have stuck to the food side religiously and lost 12lbs in 4 weeks.

The last 2 weeks though I've lost nothing and today my weigh in day I feel really low. My vice is alcohol. I love a drink now and again and have had it the past two weeks running 3 days a week. Two bottles of lambrini each day so I suspect that's the cause.

I'm gonna cut out the alcohol completely now and see if next friday I lose.

Does anybody else have or has anybody had this problem? I just feel so crappy right now, like it's all for nothing. I was supposed to be having a halloween party tomorrow as a treat but have canceled now.

My sisters friend has lost loads of weight and she follows slimming world. My sister said she eats all the time and always goes out at the weekend drinking whatever she likes. Please can someone give me some advice.

Thanks

Hi Marieukxx, I sympathise with how feel at the moment. The most important thing though is to not lose the plot and self-sabotage. 12lb in 4 weeks is a considerable amount of weight to lose, so your body might just be balancing out a little now.

I follow SW and it is very flexible, you dont have to count calories or fat content measures, its really easy to follow once you get your head around it, and the amuonts of foods you can eat are amazing. You never feel hungry.

If you want to continue on the low cal/low fat though, and you feel that the drink is the cuase for not losses, how about looking for better alternatives to drink. I would imagine Lambrini is quite high in comparison to other drinks. On slimming world, the best drinks are spirits. Wine, lager and cider are quite synful.

hope you manage to kick start your losses again, but if you want any advice on slimming world, have a look around the slimming world part of the forum....we're a lovely bunch, and there's loads of helpful info on there.

Good luck xx

Definitely the alcohol. One 250ml glass of lambrini is 160 cals. So if you're having 6 bottles in a week, that's a massive 2,880 calories just on lambrini. It takes a deficit of 3,500 calories to lose lb, so that's almost that. Not to mention the fact that alcohol dehydrates you and so makes you retain water. The alcohol content is so low in lambrini that you could swap it say for a vodka and diet coke which is only 50 cals for a single shot and nothing in the diet coke, I think it's 1 calorie or something. There's even a lambrini light version. Or maybe just don't drink so often? Do you really need to drink 3 nights a week, every week? I don't think you need to cut it out completely, just don't drink so much and so often and make better calorie choices when you do. I'd say still have the party, just be sensible about it.

Thanks guys. I have had a drinking problem in the past after I got depression. I basically drank every night for years and the weight piled on.

I don't need to drin so much but it's been hard getting out of the habit of using it to relax me and help me sleep. I had it way too much the past two weeks I admit.

From now on it's back to once on the weekend and that's it. I'll go for vodka and diet coke instead.

Definitely the alcohol. One 250ml glass of lambrini is 160 cals. So if you're having 6 bottles in a week, that's a massive 2,880 calories just on lambrini. It takes a deficit of 3,500 calories to lose lb, so that's almost that. Not to mention the fact that alcohol dehydrates you and so makes you retain water. The alcohol content is so low in lambrini that you could swap it say for a vodka and diet coke which is only 50 cals for a single shot and nothing in the diet coke, I think it's 1 calorie or something. There's even a lambrini light version. Or maybe just don't drink so often? Do you really need to drink 3 nights a week, every week? I don't think you need to cut it out completely, just don't drink so much and so often and make better calorie choices when you do. I'd say still have the party, just be sensible about it.

Thanks for your calculations on the alcohol. That's helped me a lot. I feel more positive now.

Achieving physical health and peace of mind is never for nothing. You've come this far already you can either bulldoze through frustrations or tread behind in the water. You have lost 12 lbs in a month and have MAINTAINED for two weeks! You deserve a reward and it may be at the perfect time if you have been at the same weight for awhile. Fluctuating your calories can help motivate your metabolism to jump start. This is not your end it is your beginning to a healthy life structure!

Just an update. I have lost 4lbs this week!!! I even had two treat nights at the weekend where I had vodka and diet coke in the evening and a few crisps!!!

Thank you for encouraging me to stick it out, I really did feel like giving up last week.

5 and a half stone to go.

Well done! It's so disheartening to not lose weight or to gain weight - for weeks and weeks I didn't lose weight and it was so miserable. But I'm so glad that everyone encouraged me to stick at it because it does eventually work and start to pay off :D. Glad to hear you've had a good result this week.

Well done! It is disheartening when you have a few weeks without a loss. You're doing really well. Keep up the good work!! Emms x

Back