really upset

lulu138

i have just finished my fourth day of lipotrim and i have been really excited, so i told a few friends and they have been really horrible and told me my diet is dangerous, and that ketosis burns muscle and not fat. When i try to explain it they said I am taking rubbish.
I have been trying to hard and it's really upset me to be knocked back like this. :cry:
Sorry for the post but I just needed to get it out :( I feel so down.

Aww Lulu

I feel for you as I have had the same thing. What I would say to you is go on the internet and do your research. Then if they start on you again you can say "well actually no... this study was done and...." etc etc.

Maybe they are jealous you are doing something about your weight or maybe they genuinely are worried for you, if it is the latter if you do your research and they can see it is safe they will support you.

You've done really really well to stay on it 4 days, have you seen any losses yet, or do your clothes feel looser? If they don't they soon will - focus on that.

Hope this helps.

We all go through something similar hun,
First of all remember that your friends are just looking out for you, they obviously care about you but at the same time they are only going by what they've heard or read. Maybe show them the LT dvd so they can understand a little bit more.
My friends were the same at first but when I explained properly how LT works and when they saw how happy it's making me they all came around and are sooooooo supportive now!
They aren't trying to be crule just good friends but remember THIS is where the people who have done and are doing LT are so you are gaurenteed honesty about the highs and lows here.

xxx

i have just finished my fourth day of lipotrim and i have been really excited, so i told a few friends and they have been really horrible and told me my diet is dangerous, and that ketosis burns muscle and not fat. When i try to explain it they said I am taking rubbish.
I have been trying to hard and it's really upset me to be knocked back like this. :cry:

Hi lulu :)

I hope you change your mood setting from "Sad" to "Inspired" soon!!! :D

Loads of us on the site have experienced this from our so called friends. I am sorry that they did not show you the respect to let you explain the diet and how excited you are BUT we will share that with you.:)

Please don't apologise for needing to post and get it out. It's exactly the best thing to do and I am so pleased that you felt you could sit down and share this with us all.

You just stay strong and give yourself a huge pat on the back for sticking with it.

Lacey..xx :)

Hi lulu i know how you feel, i hadnt told anyone i was on the diet to avoid any discouragement, as daisy happy said they're probably looking out for you. yesterday I told a friend i was on the diet cause they kept offering me food, so i told them and was told to be careful. We know what we've been through to loose the weight and you have to decide which you want. I woke up this morning thinking why did i tell them but coming on this forum has encouraged me and now i'm refocused. So cheer up and see the thin person you want to be.:)

Me too.....I actually failed on so many diets due to lack of willpower but friends who werent supportive really didnt help and comments suggesting more exercise and "just stick to healthy" eating ....just drove me back to comfort eating.

When on LT - I only told my hubby and sister and avoided diet talk with friends....to be honest I became a bit of a hermit for the 4 months on LT....just meeting friends for coffee etc and when we went out for a drink I made sure I was driving so could just stick to water......lost 65lbs so it was worth it......

I am sorry you are feeling upset, you are doing so well and should be proud of yourself. You have made a choice to do something positive to change your life and that is a very tough thing to do.

I am sure your friends are concerned about you and thonk they are being helpful. Everyone is always an expert when it comes to other peoples lives! You KNOW they are not right and if you get the chance to explain it to them again they may understand. If not ,you have done your research and are happy with your choice and that is the most important thing. When your friends see how positive and healthy you are and also the results you will get they may become more supportive. Until then stick with it and get all the support you need from your friends on this site. :)

I told very few people to start with (just my boyfriend) which helped enormously. Had to tell a couple of friends at work because they were so nosy. One of them is very supportive - the other keeps telling me it can't be safe (she's very slim). I told her its safer than being morbeidly obese for the next 6-9 months which shut her up. It's not particularly helpful though - the first few weeks are a struggle as it is and although I'm determined to do it for me, a little support along the way would make a huge difference.

Stick with it Lulu and try to concentrate on why you are doing Lipotrim and what the result will be when you reach your goal. :)

Thank you so much guys! I feel so much better today, this site is such a big help!! you are all great!
I too chose not to tell people, but i had to let it leak to my best friends because i was so excited! Im gonna keep it a secret to everyone else though!
thanks for all your support everyone, its my 5th day now and i feel GREAT! :)

What you need to say is, "Really? dangerous? tell me all you know" and then you will see that they know nothing.
I have lost 2 stone and people are saying things like, "Ohhhhh, don't take it too far, you don't want to be scrawny" AND I AM 14 STONE!!!!!!! None of them are anything near that. I think people are just happy with the status quo and feel threatened by any change.
Well done on your 4 days Good for you and keep going...i was looking at bikinis on line last night because i WILL be wearing one this Summer.

Lulu I'm so glad you're feeling great!
Yeah Annie what's with people saying that, I'm 17st10bls and my friends and even my mother who for years has been on at me to lose weight(when i was 15st) now I'm way heavier than that and I'm getting "ooh you don't want to be SKINNY" "you can't lose your curves" "don't go overboard on it"
I think they start saying these things when they realise you're not going to pack it in and you will infact stick to it!!

Lulu, I can understand exactly how you are feeling, my friends have said the same. Its too dangerous, you will look ill if you lose too much weight. Well I'm very sorry for all of them because I am doing this plan for "me" and no-one else. We are all on this diet for one reason or another, and when you have your first weigh in you will be over the moon, this diet really works, I feel so much better in myself and I've been on it for 3 weeks. Keep going girl, keep posting your feelings onto this forum, as you know you will get support from like minded people who are in the same position. Good Luck and keep your chin up. Fi xx

Reactions: Bea
Here here!! Well said Fi

Back