Reasons to be cheerful?

Giza

Reasons to be cheerful? I've been thinking, in amongst all these horrible side effects some of us go through, I'm NOT missing that feeling- which I'm sure we all know well, of seriously overdoing it and then thinking, 'why did I do that'?! You don't feel good afterwords, or satisfied, or energetic! Anything but! So many times I've craved something naughty and after it's done, I don't feel any better, just 100 times worse. Haven't felt those rotten feelings in 8 weeks and hope I never do again!! That's a good side effect! Feeling happy for no particular reason? That's another one. Digging out the new spanxs from my knicker drawer and finding they are already a size too big while I wasn't looking...whoopee!!!! Feel free to chip in! :) I'm not alone here, right?!:D

Last edited:
I hear you Giza! I'm finding time for other things - and it feels so-o-o-o-o good!

I love not thinking about food 24/7, not wanting to 'treat' after a weigh in, not going into a shop and coming out with half the chocolate/crisp counter oh and I LOVE watching the scales go down.

For me just the feeling of confidence that being lighter and slimmer brings and no more thinking people are judging you for your size.

Going into a clothes shop and being able to buy clothes from the standard ranges rather than heading to the plus sizes.

Being able to walk on the beach for an hour or more without my feet killing me and my back aching like mad.

And generally feeling happier and more optimistic about life :)

I look forward to all of these things.... That's why I'm doing this!!! Not there yet but sooooo want to be! xx

I'm feeling so much healthier than I have for years. I have type 2 diabetes and within 2.5 weeks of being on a VLCD I was off all my diabetes medication! I feel so much better and have more energy. Lots of small little medical issues which I didn't even realise I had have also gone away. I think I am adding years to my lifespan.

I've been able to buy real bargins in the sales in any size I expect to be in through the stages of the diet. If they only have it in a 12 and so it's dead cheap I'll buy it in a 12 and wait till I get there! I would say that'll save loads of money but I seem to have spent quite a bit! I can also wear knee length boots again!

I'm planning activity holidays and things I wouldn't have considered before the diet.

I share all of these feelings and for those of you not there yet, this is all headed your way and the best bit is, it won't take long! Today I went mall-walking and found myself going into small size shops (which means any clothes shop that isn't Evans or Ulla Popkin) and realising there was stuff there that actually would have fitted me! I usually go in just to look at accessories and handbags and head purposefully for those items incase anyone thinks I'm deluded enough to think their 'normal' sizes would fit me. Today, I could meander through the clothes racks without feeling odd! I know it's a small thing! Didn't buy any clothes and don't intend to do so as like most of you, I have a whole new wardrobe of sizes from 16 up, barely worn and hidden away in the 'spare' wardrobe!

Last edited:
You're as nosey as me then Maka as I was going to ask the same thing ;). Do you live in Giza?

Hi

I am really enjoying the S&S packs. They taste great and Ketosis is just the best. I feel so much healthier and far less tired since being on the diet. I can see the difference in my face and my clothes are starting to feel like they fit again which is a great feeling. I actually walked out the house this morning and thought "looking good (ish) missus" Good luck everyone!

You're as nosey as me then Maka as I was going to ask the same thing ;). Do you live in Giza?

I'm a Brit and a distance student studying Egyptology with the University of Manchester. So I do know Giza rather well! :D I'velived and worked here in Kuwait for 17 years. Like most of us, I didn't want to say a lot about myself at first, but knowing I'm amongst a bunch of likeminded, inspiring fellow dieters, I don't mind revealing that to 'my' team!!! :D

I'm a Brit and a distance student studying Egyptology with the University of Manchester. So I do know Giza rather well! :D I'velived and worked here in Kuwait for 17 years. Like most of us, I didn't want to say a lot about myself at first, but knowing I'm amongst a bunch of likeminded, inspiring fellow dieters, I don't mind revealing that to 'my' team!!! :D

Aha! That explains the shipping issue. I'm in Oman, so I know what you mean. I've just had 8 weeks' worth shipped out and the shipping is more than the cost of the packs themselves. But as you said...it's all worth it x

Right Maka, I should own shares in Aramex! Having said that, I've factored in shipping on top of the weekly cost of what is essentially 'all' my food and it's still cheaper than 'regular' food! Bottled water is where the expense goes; it's more expensive than petrol in this part of the world as you know!

S&S neighbours! Lol. Well not exactly but you know what I mean. Shame it's not close enough to meet up for a coffee and S&S bar :)

My OH says he'd quite like to go to Dubai (just for a holiday) but I don't really know what people do in Dubai. I have this vision that it's all about sunbathing and shopping but I've not idea if that's right or not. He can't sit still for 5 minutes and likes to go sightseeing and I've no idea if that's the sort of thing you can do in Dubai or not. And he can't bear places where you can't go anywhere without being seriously hassled on the streets by people trying to sell you things. I went to Egypt years ago and remember it being like that otherwise I'd suggest we go there as the pyramids etc. are amazing.

I think you'd both like Dubai. No hassling at all, send him to the heritage sites and you can hit the malls! Well, that's a bit judgemental on my part! You might be at the heritage sites and he in the malls! There's something for everyone. Hitting the sand dunes in buggies is fairly popular, all sorts of water sports and horse/camel racing, all popular.

Last edited:
Thanks. Sounds like it could be a goer then :)

Dubai's definitely great. That's where we celebrated my son's birthday last November. It is expensive though, but lots to do...plenty of physical stuff (so you get to shed some more pounds there too) :)

reasons to be happt :)

great thread, i am generally a positive person but as im sure you all know my weight does get me down....

im really happy ive found a support group that are so nice, it makes a huge difference, was on a ww's last year without any success and the support site was sooo *****y, i mean really nasty at times.....

so thanks everyone x

oh also happy to be feeling that in just 5 days my tummy feels tighter and smaller and my confidence is going through the roof :)

Great feeling Twink! And you are right, it's a really, really supportive group here! I can't believe how much I've learnt on the S & S threads!

Back