Reasons why you chose Slimming World

Davey1984

Hi all,

Just thought I would start a thread about the reasons why you all chose Slimming World in the first place and whether it's met your expectations and if you have any regrets?

xxx

I chose it for three main reasons;

1. that I dont have to stop cooking as it's about real food. The thought of putting pre-prepared ready meals in the freezer for every day, or having to substitute meals for a drink - not for me.

2. There's nothing that Im not allowed, as long as I stick to the plan. It doesnt mean I dont have to exercise self control or make good choices in what I eat, but if there is something I want I can have it in moderation.

3. Most importantly it's about changing my mindset to food so it is less about being a diet and more about a way of eating for life. Just the word diet makes me want to stuff my face!

Ive only been following SW since mid january but Ive lost 15lbs so far, and that was with a week where I gained while I was away from home for a few days. I can't complain at that :D

I chose SW because I'm the kind of person who needs to go to a fat club to stick to a diet, and my local SW group is on at 4.30 on a Monday, so I can go straight from work on my way home. If it had been a WW club, the chances are I'd be doing that!

I chose it because i've done everything else and i've heard nothing but good things about it.....Also its mostly about home cooking n i hadnt been cooking in a long time....There's great weight losses with slimming world.....

Initially I chose SW because it was close to home - approx 1km away - and within walking distance. I had also tried and failed at WW, Lipotrim and all sorts of various "diets". They simply weren't for me.

Since joining, SW has exceeded all the expectations I had, or could ever have. I found WW meals to be bland and tasteless, expensive and just plain not enough to fill a gap in your tooth, never mind a hungry belly!
I've not come across one single SW recipe that I don't like, and in fact, don't feel like I'm on a diet at all. And I'm not, not really. This is a healthy eating plan I can stick to my entire life - not just to get to target and then pile it all back on.

Since October I've lost 39lb, and have become much more active. Dare I say, my fitness levels have even exceeded my expectations?!

I'm looking forward to being at target, and maintaining that target, and with SW I know I can! Yay!

After baby number 5 my blood pressure has gone up and will not come back down without tabs, at 27 I do not wanna be on tabs for the rest of my life if I can help it. I also have a family of 7 so I don't wanna have to buy myself seperate meals all the time, I wanna be able to make something we can all eat :) and I have the will power of well a fat person lol, I'm like a child I need to be told I'm doing a good job and given certificates and stickers lol and that fear of embarrassing myself if I haven't lost or if I have gained in front of someone. Thankfully there is a group on a Saturday by me so I don't have to drag said 5 kids with me so that was a bonus.

I've tried various diets since my teens as I've always been overweight & have no confidence in myself because of it. I joined WW but I didn't lose any weight on it.

My friend was rejoining SW in 2009 & explained it to me, I couldn't get my head around how you can eat so much & lose weight but decided to give it a go. I've been back & forth but I'm now doing it alone at home. I know that I could never not do SW now, there's so much to eat & when I cook I automatically choose better & I could never use oil again.

Unfortunately due to hormones I lose weight incredibly slow but I love so much about SW, I'd never go back!

I did it 17 years ago after giving birth to my second Son, I lost 6 stone :) I know it works for me. I've tried WW in years between and was starving, confused and didn't lose weight,so gave up. I'm back now my boys are older, putting myself first again, I've lost 4 ST 5 lb since June :)

Because you can eat lots of fresh and healthy and tasty food and still lose weight! I was starving on WW and tended to snack rather than sit down and eat a proper meal. I have had great weight losses on SW and think that you can definitely imagine eating this way for the rest of your life. I can't stick to WW for longer than 2 weeks and as for the others, dukan, atkins, Cambridge etc I can't even face a day!
But, as you've been hearing, you need to eat to get your metabolism going. So enjoy! And good luck.

Wow Bunnylush that's brilliant! You may remember the old days of strange free foods! Macaroni cheese for one!

GinMummy said:
Wow Bunnylush that's brilliant! You may remember the old days of strange free foods! Macaroni cheese for one!

Yes I love it! Lived on corned beef quiche ;) corned beef and pickled onions on cocktail sticks;) rice as HEXB :)

Ooh, I remember that too. I used to have a whole tin (the big one) of Heinz macaroni cheese on a piece of toast and it was delicious. I think they are 6 syns now though.

I love Heinz Mac cheese, my Nan used to make it e with best butchers sausages when I was little ... Them were the days :( I didn't do many green days back then, I didn't seem to lose much, and wasn't as adventurous in the kitchen as I am now 17 years later. I do lots of green now :)

princesss01 said:
Simple, it works!! I have tried WW too and you are really hungry :( I have lost 6st 2 1/2lb in 9mths so I'm proof it works, hey!!! Love Slimming World!!!!!!!!!!! :scale:

Wow your weight loss has been truly amazing - what would your 3 tips be, that's made you so successful? xxx

When the doctor told me to loose weight or face severe problems I listened, I had tried several other "diets" but failed but when I joined SW I found that it was for me, lots of food, great choice, Followed the plan and lost weight for over 33 weeks my blood pressure now normal, my blood/sugar is correct, and I have reduced my daily tablet intake to 7 from 12 a day, my joints have stopped hurting and I am no longer breathless.
I enjoy making recipes and cooking fresh food and the great company at our SW class with a great consultant!

The 1st time I've ever joined a slimming club but I'm so glad I did .
My friend joined a different group but same consultant about 8 weeks before me she was doing so well so inspired me to join

mrs big b said:
The 1st time I've ever joined a slimming club but I'm so glad I did .
My friend joined a different group but same consultant about 8 weeks before me she was doing so well so inspired me to join

So glad I did since I'm now 7st 2.5 lighter and just reached my final target this week . Its been life changing going from a size 22 to a 10 ( some 12's) if feels amazing

Back