• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Receipe for mullerlight/quark and jelly thing!

melarnz

Silver Member
S: 17st12lb C: 17st12lb G: 9st13lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
S: 16st7lb C: 15st11lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 0st10lb(4.33%)
Magic porridge - oats (28g) mixed with a Muller light and left overnight- delicious xx

Wee Doll

Silver Member
S: 11st6lb C: 11st6lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
what is scan bran ??

i have never seen this before in tesco ?

pnewton75

Starting Again
S: 22st7lb C: 22st7lb G: 14st7lb BMI: 45.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Yup you need to have a scan bran with it. I crumble mine into the oats when I made the porridge
so mullerlight, oats and scan bran, then leave overnight?

is that synnable or all free/ HeB?

pnewton75

Starting Again
S: 22st7lb C: 22st7lb G: 14st7lb BMI: 45.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
what is scan bran ??

i have never seen this before in tesco ?
I asked that same thing yesterday, you can buy at group or at holland and barrett.
Not sure what it is - cardboard like allegedly.....

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
S: 16st7lb C: 15st11lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 0st10lb(4.33%)
OK, few queries on here:

I personally don't have Scan Bran but have 1 x Ryvita instead, I tend to have this with a bit of Marmite or tsp jam before or after my Magic Porridge (this and the oats is one of my Hex Bs). I'm not sure 'officially' if I should have the Ryvita but not a great fan of Scan Bran...

...which you can buy in class or at Holland and Barrett! I think it's quite like cardboard and you probably want to drink plenty of water with them too - there's a reason they're a Hex B and that's because they are chocker with fibre!

If you have the yogurt and oats and Ryvita/Scanbran you've only used a Hex B, providing yogurt is free!

If you don't use the oats as a Hex B and syn them instead (28g - 5 syns) so 5 syns if yogurt free!

Hope all this helps xxx

Wee Doll

Silver Member
S: 11st6lb C: 11st6lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
scan bran sounds amazing lololol not

but like everything else il give it a go :D just so i can make a cake lololol

soccermom

I AM A WEMITT x
S: 19st3lb C: 18st1.5lb BMI: 42.2 Loss: 1st1.5lb(5.76%)
scan bran sounds amazing lololol not

but like everything else il give it a go :D just so i can make a cake lololol
Actually I quite like it especially with laughing cow on it. :eek::eek::D

It tastes like All bran that has been squished down to make a cracker bread.

Makes you regular.. so they claim :eek: I cant remember if it does tbh I havent had it for ages.

S: 17st7lb C: 16st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 38.4 Loss: 1st7lb(8.57%)
I make the magic porridge just with oats and yoghurt topped with strawberries, kiwi, grapes and a banana. Don't have the scan bran and I am very regular.

S: 21st6lb C: 21st6lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I make the magic porridge just with oats and yoghurt topped with strawberries, kiwi, grapes and a banana. Don't have the scan bran and I am very regular.
Do you just mix the oats to the yogurt as they are or do you make up the oats first ith water/milk?

S: 17st7lb C: 16st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 38.4 Loss: 1st7lb(8.57%)
Just weigh 28g of porridge oats and add a mullerlight, put in fridge overnight and thats it. You need no water or milk. Smashing now the weather is getting warmer.

*angie*

loves food and cooking
S: 12st10.5lb C: 12st5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 26.3 Loss: 0st5.5lb(3.08%)
Regarding the muller light / quark and jelly desert query, I use one sachet of sugar free jelly, made up with half the water and allowed to go cool but not set. I whisk this cold jelly until slightly frothy - I then add one muller light gradually while still whisking.

When ultra fluffy, refrigerate until set in its serving bowl/s. Serves 3-4

snuggle69

Silver Member
S: 19st12lb C: 14st1.0lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 31.8 Loss: 5st11lb(29.14%)
Angie thanks for this, I also tried this in my meeting last week, but wasnt told half the water and allow to cool, I have been trying to make it with all the water and whisking straight in and couldnt work out why it was seperating!

marvid486

S: 14st0lb C: 14st0lb G: 10st6lb BMI: 32.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Am I alone in liking scan bran? The more you have, the more you get used to it.....keeps you regular as clockwork and doesn't bloat you like bread can.

Jack_D

S: 11st10lb C: 10st8lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 1st2lb(9.76%)
Regarding the muller light / quark and jelly desert query, I use one sachet of sugar free jelly, made up with half the water and allowed to go cool but not set. I whisk this cold jelly until slightly frothy - I then add one muller light gradually while still whisking.

When ultra fluffy, refrigerate until set in its serving bowl/s. Serves 3-4

Cani ask when to do add the quark .....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: