• 40 g onion(s), finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon garlic purée
  • 675 g chicken breast, uncooked, skinless, & boneless
  • 1 pinch salt, & black pepper, freshly ground
  • 4 medium soft tortilla(s), whole wheat
  • 1 portion lettuce, and mixed greens
Instructions

• Preheat grill.
  • Combine diet cola, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce, onions and garlic purée in a heavy saucepan; gradually bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat slightly to obtain a gentle simmer; simmer barbecue sauce until reduced by a quarter, about 6 to 8 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, start to prepare chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper; grill until cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove chicken from grill and pull apart into shredded bite-size pieces.
  • Combine chicken and barbecue sauce in a medium bowl; mix to evenly coat.
  • Divide chicken mixture onto bottom half of each tortilla; top with mixed greens. Fold tortilla bottom over filling and then fold sides in toward centre to enclose filling.
It serves 4 and is 5.5 per serving (according to ww site)

Sounds gorgeous! Can't cook very well tho so end up sticking with what I know & ready meals!
Having Bernard Matthews Turkey escallops :)confused:) 5.5, with jacket potato 2.5, & baby sweetcorn 0. for tea tonight x

This is really easy - you just weigh the ingredients and watch it simmer for about 10 mins. I used Tesco ready cooked slided chicken which made it even easier to do.

yeah i've seen this on here before might give it a try not sure yet!

i can understand the coke putting people off.. but did you know thats how some places make bbq sauce.. secret here.. when we ran out of it at the restaurant.. we use to make it in exactly the same way as the recipe above.. and seriously.. you can NOT tell the difference between the two.. hehe..

Wish i could eat this.. looks yummy..

x x

i have just got back from ASDA i bought the ingredients to make this gonna try it tonight. Although its only for me, i will use a chicken breast and will just cut down on the onions and that ...do you reckon ifi use more of the sauce ill have to add extra points. I cant see why though cos its only diet coke and veg?
will let you know how it turns out looking forward to it.
And love the post about using it at restaurants!x

This recipe makes loads of sauce - I didn't cover my chicken in it just put some on my wrap before my chicken. My son had it as well and he loved it too. I will def be making it again. I worked out the sauce to be 3 for all of it, 1/2 for the garlic puree and 2 1/2 for the ketchup but I did use heinz low sugar one.

Hope you like it.

XX

yeah it was delicious it did make loads of sauce, but in the end my mum shared it with me!
we really enjoyed it i had some sauce on the side of my plate and dunked my home made chips into it! we will definitely be having again. i just counted it as 5.5 for serving x

Back