Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Recipes/Food plan for fussy eaters

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by mcascadd, 17 August 2011 Social URL.

1. mcascadd

mcascadd Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there :wavey:,

I know this is only really the 3rd /4th post I've contributed and it's all been me me me :slap: , but hopefully when I'm a bit more confident with what I'm doing and eating I will be able to be constructive and help people out too :cross:

Anyway, I have a friend coming to stay this weekend who is also on slimming world and I don't know what to make for her... Shes a bit of a fussy eater and doesn't like most vegetables and won't eat pork... She's here for about 4 "dinners" so I need some help on what to make her... :eat:

So far I have:

• Slimming World Style Chicken (a breast roasted with a bit of spice on it, although she doesn't eat very spicy foods...) and SW chips...
    • Spaghetti Bolognese (with onions chopped REALLY finely/blended!)
    • Jacket potato...?

...and thats it.... I don't eat fish to throw another limitation on...

So any help would be so gratefully appreciated :help2:

Thanks all.x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Fluffysheep81

Fluffysheep81 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(12.05%)
    Try the beef goulash!!! Can be found in the Sw website and it's deeeee-lishiouuuuus!!! (coming from someone who's oh won't eat veg either!!) xx

4. bilsat

bilsat Really likes to cook

Start Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(37.95%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    How about Couscous you can use it as a salad or with hot meals?

5. Jo*

Jo* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(20.13%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do a s/w fry up all day breakfast beans bacon chips(Actifry or slimming world way) toamatoes egg.
    Or good old steak and chips with whichever superfree she eats maybe a big salad.

6. mcascadd

mcascadd Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey guys, thanks for all the help. Jo, unfortunately she doesn't eat salad either :sigh2: but I could make her the all day breakfast (bar the bacon!)

Couscous however, might be a good alternative to salad - I'll have to check with her whether thats something she would have!

The beef goulash definitely looks like it might be a winner though! Looks good!! :D

7. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    What about the quiche? If she likes mushrooms or any other veg you could pile it all in, maybe just serve with baby boiled and peas.

8. geordie_lass21

geordie_lass21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(6.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would suggest :

slimming world chips with any of the following:
    egg and beans (have a green day that day so you dont need to work about the third super free as much although i would still try and have plenty of veg)

chicken - i recommend cooking it in tinfoil parcels on some lemon with veg (if she doesnt want veg fine do extra chips for her but least your getting your third superfree

fish - done the same way but am guessing she might not like that either.

Or I would do:
    Slimming World chicken tikka masala (its not exactly spicy) but you can have it with rice. She might not like it if its got onions / mushrooms / peppers.

Any casserole type dish (my favourite is beef casserole) which is cooked with potatoes and veg.

Or how about a roast served with potatoes and veg and a bit of gravy. She can have what she wants from that.

Or you could make a pasta dish but not sure what you would add to it if you miss out veg.

9. mcascadd

mcascadd Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Unfortunately in regards to the quiche (and fish!) this is where I become awkward as I don't eat fish or mushrooms (haha - we're a great pair!!) :doh:

Geordie lass, those are some great ideas!! I know she quite likes mild curries so I could even do the Rogan Josh I have a recipe for (which is just delicious) and turn it down a notch spice wise...

A casserole is quite handy cuz I could then put veg in and if she isn't keen I tend to chop them quite large in casseroles, so she can shove them to the side...

Thanks again for all your help guys.x :eatdrink051:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.