• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Recipes for AAM?

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble with SS, I'm still getting sick and diahorrea nearly two weeks into the diet and my CDC has recommended that I try adding a meal now to see if its just that my body doesn't react well to a purely liquid diet. :(

Thing is, if I'm going to eat, I want to enjoy it, even if it is just a tiny taste! :p

Anyone got any good recipes for AAM???

J
xxxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I've just finished my first aam meal, and kept things quite simple, as I was worried I might want to pig out afterwards;)

But my favourite meal I had was:

cottage cheese mixed with diced celery, cucumber, cracked pepper and a tiny sprinkle of paprika on a bed of rocket lettuce and watercress:)

also:

chicken and mushrooms grilled with as many sprouts as I could fit on a tablespoon!!!!! (I love sprouts:eek: )

Hope you find something you like, and the tummy troubles get better;)

Tracey
x

ooooh thanks Tracey - the cottage cheese idea sounds great - I'll definitely try that. :p And Grilled mushrooms...mmmmmm- i love grilled mushrooms! Will have to try it with quorn though, as I'm not a big meat eater (90% veggie) plus the fact that you get an extra ounce of quorn! hehehe :D

I hope everyone puts their fave AAM recipies on here, to help me out a bit! :eek:

chicken and mushrooms grilled with as many sprouts as I could fit on a tablespoon!!!!! (I love sprouts:eek: )

Tracey
x

This made me laugh.. 1st because I can picture you trying to get more than 2 sprouts on a table spoon and 2nd I am thinking just like you are... I love sprouts as well... never realised before I did this but I am fancying things that I would usually leave on my plate (would eat 5 roast spuds and two yorkshire puds before bothering about sprouts....)

Lovelyjoolz....I am on my 1st aam week now and I have had quorn a couple of times.. I just get the chunks and do them in my griddle pan with a few chilli flakes on n have them with lettuce...
It's only really a mouthfull anyway.. I'm looking at it as tasty morsal week more than add a meal.....

Kindest regards

Forgot to say as well.. I am really sorry you are having extra hassle (with your bits) as well as sticking to plan...
You are an insiration to be carrying on under adverse conditions.......

:eek: :eek: Oooo.... that's really kind of you to say Podgey, but I don't feel like much of an inspiration. I feel more like reaching for a bag of crisps and thinking SOD IT!!! :rolleyes:

I tried Tracey's cottage cheese reciepe last night and 4 oz is quite a lot. And if you use a small plate it looks like quite a satisfying meal. It was really yummy too, so mega mega thanks to you Tracey!! :D

And the good news is that my tummy is much more settled today, so it seemes that it really was acting up as a response to the purely liquid diet. Thing is, I've read so many posts that say that their weight loss REALLY slows during AAM that I don't want to eat a meal every day. Also, its just another opportunity for cheating!! So I'm going to try having a little teeny meal every couple of days, or everytime my tummy plays up and see how I get on.

Hopefully it won't slow me down too much!!

Joolz

Really glad you enjoyed the cottage cheese, and that tummy is feeling a lot better:D :D

Hopefully you'll find the diet a lot more enjoyable now.

Tracey
x

Jult a thought about what you said about liqiud only... Have you tried the bars yet?
I find one a day really helps the system if you know what I mean....

I haven't tried the bars yet. I've just finished week 3 so I'm probably ready to give them a go. I'll ask my CDC if I can have some with my next order.

Feeling a bit rubbish lately, so that will give me something different to look forward to!

xx

sim94

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble with SS, I'm still getting sick and diahorrea nearly two weeks into the diet and my CDC has recommended that I try adding a meal now to see if its just that my body doesn't react well to a purely liquid diet. :(

Thing is, if I'm going to eat, I want to enjoy it, even if it is just a tiny taste! :p

Anyone got any good recipes for AAM???

J
xxxx
Hi J,

Have you tried slitting the packs to make 6 smaller meals and drinking plenty of water in between shakes?

Or tried the Lactose Free. I had someone with the same problem then I suggested they try the Lactose Free, though they said the didn't have a problem with milk or dairy, but it did the trick. No more Diahorra or sickness:) .

CDC
Sim