Recipes for shakes

kered

Gold Member
When I first started I had a few different tips I had picked from the threads to try with the shakes, but I didnt think to ask how to make them up. I mixed up cold water and vanilla and coffee on the first morning and stuck it in the microwave (no wonder I wasnt fussed) until Lillie pointed out that the nutrients could be lost in the microwave. Just wondered what recipes everyone else uses and how they make them.
These are the ones I do.

Vanilla/Coffee, (Hot) 1 heaped teaspoon of coffee into shaker with 1 sweetex add 400mls of boiling water, add sachet of vanilla and blitz with hand blender.

Vanilla (Cold) add sachet to 400mls of cold water and blitz with hand blender. Add crushed ice if required.

Strawberry (Only had cold)
I make this up same way as cold vanilla. Add crushed ice if required.

Chocolate/Peppermint Tea (Hot)
1 peppermint teabag into shaker with 1 sweetex, add 400mls of boiling water, and leave to brew for a couple of minutes, then remove teabag, add sachet of chocolate and blitz with hand blender.

Chocolate/Coffee (Hot)
1 heaped teaspoon of coffee into shaker with 1 sweetex and 400mls of boiling water, add sachet of chocolate and blitz with hand blender.

I dont like the soup, so no recipes for that one.
Just curious as to how everyone else does theirs and what other things we could add to make a variety.
I would be interested in alternative to Cold Strawberry, as this is the only one I dont do anything with.

I'm afraid I'm boring and just have my shakes as is. And I only have chocolate so that makes me very boring lol

I am just one of these people that tend to get bored easily of the same things, so at least if I can have variety I know it will make things easier for me.

I will have to have one of my chicken soups on Tuesday morning before WI, and I am going to make that up with the 400ml of water this time too, and maybe my taste buds will have changed and I will like it. I would like to keep a savoury option, but I will wait till Tuesday before trying another one.

Boring here too, just see them as fuel and dont want to make any fuss over them basically because I dont like them, I just drink them cold quickly and then enjoy a coffee or tea and plenty of water, the less I have to think about them the better. I do have to force myself to drink them but I know I can succeed on this and am going to do it.

I am actually enjoying them now and look forward to having them. Thats why I have started using 400ml of water instead of 250ml, to make them last longer lol.

Very cold water vanilla with black coffee. Very boring!

i added pepper to the chicken soup which i enjoyed on day 1 ..but now on day 3 and cant even think about the soup?

I have had the choc/ peppermint tea cold i make the tea in the morning let it cool then put it in the fridge till my 2nd shake its lovely !!

I am boring too and have them as they are, i like all the shakes (loser) and did like the chicken soup and am going to swop it now lol. :yuk:

Does anyone make the mousse? What is it like?
Helen xx

LMAO i tried to see if i could do the mousse, jeez what a sorry mess it was, i just couldnt bare the thought of putting it in a bowl and using a spoon, i added the rest of water and made the shake, i wouldnt recommend is was not that thick, unless i am doing it wrong??

Daisy - Why cant you change pkts? you have paid for them, if you dont have them this is all for nothing, tell them off, this is hard enough to do when you dont like something, (erm i'll just get off my horse now) lol
i'll swop ya what you need :p

ha ha ..luckily i think my friend has a few shakes left from when she did it i think so im sure she will let me have them ..she gave me the ketostix

i added pepper to the chicken soup which i enjoyed on day 1 ..but now on day 3 and cant even think about the soup?

I have had the choc/ peppermint tea cold i make the tea in the morning let it cool then put it in the fridge till my 2nd shake its lovely !!

Never tried it cold, must give that a go. Just had as much hot as possible to make me think I was having a hot meal :8855:

I tried making the mousse this morning, (dont know why they call it mousse as it looks nothing like it).....never again......it was awful, really strong and got stuck to the top of my mouth, i quickly added more water and my shake never tasted so good!
xx

I only have chocolate shakes!!! Have my first one around 1 or 2 o'clock, then have my other two around 7.30 maybe 8.30 my mocha and muffin lol!!!
Just add hot coffee to my choc shake like everyone else and with my other shake i put 7 sweeteners in a mug add about 3/4 tablespoons of hot water, till it's moist and thick like a pudding texture then pop in the microwave for 40 seconds, check it then another 30 seconds!!! Be careful tho, it can become bitter if left on too long! I like it when the edges are kinda dried out but the centre looks slightly gooey! Play around with the amount of water and sweeteners to get it right for you!!!

Obviously its working for you as you are doing really well. Well done.
OMG, I thought I had a sweet tooth, but 7 sweetners would kill me off lol. The thought of a muffin type things sounds yummy.

Woohoo i have been coverted :):):)

I tryed the vanilla with coffee hot not bad and the chocolate with peppermint tea, what a nice way to warm up, i was feeling the cold drinking everything cold and now i dont feel so bad :):)

Thanks Kered :):):)

Back