Recipes for SlimFast?

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by LightRaven, 18 March 2009 Social URL.

1. LightRaven

LightRaven What doesn't kill me.....

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(16.04%)
    Diet:
    SlimFast
    Hello :)

So, I've never seen anyone on here make suggestions for recipes for the Slim Fast shakes. Does no one alter it? :confused:

Today, I went to the grocery store up the street to pick up some SlimFast for my co-worker... She's been too busy to get to the store and it was on sale at the PathMark around the corner from me and I was going to the store anyways....Out of the blue, I decided to pick up a pack of the Vanilla.

I hate vanilla.. but my intent was to alter it. I went down the peanut butter and Jelly isle and picked up a jar of Sugar Free Strawberry preserves, and Sugar Free Peach preserves. I went home, poured the vanilla shake into a measuring cup... added two tables spoons of the preserves (at 10 calories ea!) and mixed it with a hand mixer.

It was pretty good! Warm... but I threw my concoction into the fridge for breakfast tomorrow and I'm sure it will be super yummy!

Does anyone else alter their shakes? What do you put in it?

:)

LR

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 1_bad_k1tty

1_bad_k1tty Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    I have only just started but thinking of adding ice next week (cos I'm a party animal!) Everytime I try one I just want to put ice cream with it... I don't think altering it will be a good idea for me. Although I do think that it would be good to start a recipe thread and give people the option to add stuff that is low calorie!

4. scarymary

scarymary Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Maybe you could put the smoothies in the freezer until its almost hard and have it as an ice cream/dessert kinda thing?

5. LightRaven

LightRaven What doesn't kill me.....

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(16.04%)
    Diet:
    SlimFast
    I have found that SF doesn't freeze. At all. I keep a case in the trunk of my car so that I always have lunch at work... can never forget. And in January here.. the high never really gets above freezing... with lows in the single digits...and it never froze! :8855:

Me and my co-workers have theorized over it... one believes it has to do with the preservatives added which lowers the freezing point.. I also think it has to do with lack of air inside the can.... we were bored... :8855:

LR

6. scarymary

scarymary Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Damn! There goes that one :rolleyes:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.