• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Recommended buys at asda

Well I'm off shopping to Asda tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone could recommend any favourite buys such as ready meals, store cupboard essentials etc. Tips for things specific to asda would be better rather than fruit/veg/the usual yoghurts etc.

I cannot thank one of the girls on here who recommended chickpea dahl enough!

xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
mmmmmm chickpea dahl :D nom nom nom!!
if you like the low fat supernoodles they have them on special offer but i cant remember what it is :doh: i think its 6 for the price of 2? not entirely sure tho lol xx

Alia

Silver Member
Hasta the asda chick pea dahl is to die for and its completely free. It comes in a tin and is with all their own tinned things like tinned chicken curry, tinned beef curry etc. It's completely free on the green and I guess on the Extra Easy too and I have mine with boiled rice and a finely chopped salad of tomatos, red onion, cucumber and green pepper - totally divine.

*ruby*

The cajun spice is nice to keep in, I use it on loads of stuff.

The GFY Chicken Sizzler (chilled) ready meal is nice with a hex b of chips , 4 syns on red or ee.
The Smartprice sweet & sour chicken with rice (chilled) is ok, 3 on green or ee but it's tiny.

The wholemeal pittas are a hexb I think..... I can't get them here.

The reduced fat/GFY sausages are 1 each, tasty enough.

Smartprice frozen spag bol is 2.5 on green or ee. but I haven't tried it.

Yes chickpea dahl is gorgeous! I have it quite a lot on top of slimming world chips and it is divine! Really give it a try, it's much better than it sounds, the chickpeas aren't dry like they sometimes can be.
Thanks for the tips everyone :) I might have to get some of what has been mentioned, the chicken sizzler sounds nice.
Any other last minute tips?

Hasta the asda chick pea dahl is to die for and its completely free. It comes in a tin and is with all their own tinned things like tinned chicken curry, tinned beef curry etc. It's completely free on the green and I guess on the Extra Easy too and I have mine with boiled rice and a finely chopped salad of tomatos, red onion, cucumber and green pepper - totally divine.
Thank you! Ahh, just looked online and they're vegan too :D I'll be stocking up on those when I next do a shop.

I am in love with chickpea dahl. I didnt think I would like it as not a "chickpea" person but its really nice. Recommend it to all for EE days and Green days!!

you want to be excited haha :)
i bet your disappointed because everyone has raved so much about it!
hope it lives up to the expectation!
x

I picked up 3 tins just in case I liked it, well I should've picked up a whole case. It's delish with a jacket potato. I also bought the veg balti only to find that it's 9 syns a can, oops, won't be partaking of that!

icklerockchick

slow but steady!
Lol I had a thread about chickpea dahl that got several newbies trying it - great to spread the chickpea dahl love it really is amazing when you want a quick easy meal! Also great on a baked potato yum!

I like the smartprice ravioli its 1.5 syns on green and extra easy - the sauce is a bit watery though so I don't put all of it on or i would have soggy toast lol! Another cheap and quick meal - ravioli on toast with HEA cheese melted on top is so simple but amazing!

X