• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Red and Green Vs Extra Easy

I do a mixture - red, green, ee and even mix2max. I like the variety and decide from day to day which plan to follow.
On balance though most of my days are red or ee.

melvis

I do red and green days .... not a fruit and veg lover so EE is no good for me :)

I tend to have an even number of red and green days now, whereas last time I did SW I had mainly green days (for financial reasons, it seems a lot cheaper!!). I'm enjoying the balance of red and green days this time round xx

Circes

Strutting her stuff
Loads of people around here do red and green for a variety of different reasons. They all work so basically you should do what is right for you and your lifestyle

I find red and green days take too much thinking about and only ever do EE now...did start with the red and green though as I didn't believe EE would work...it proved me wrong :)

Since starting to January my mum and eye have been doing EE, I have lost nearly 3 stone where as she has lost only 10lbs in comparison. After both her and I putting on 5 and half lbs in 2 weeks we decided we needed a change, so we have moved groups and from Monday we have been doing red and green, so far had 2 red, 2 green and 1 EE. Will see tomorrow how it works for us when we way in. I like doing the red and green because of the extra healthy extras.. but then I also like not having to weigh a potato or measure out meat on EE!
They both have their pros and cons, will let you know tomorrow evening!

Ive only ever done EE but I know my friend prefers red as she feels she loses more and my sis prefers green as she is a carbaholic and is less lightly to throw herself off the wagon lol.

When Im 'on it' i like to buy myself a funky notebook and pen and have that as my food/goal diary :D

I do green quite a lot, because I don't really care whether I have meat/fish or not. I also do green if I am economising, because I will not buy cheap meat or fish - I would rather have none at all than compromise on quality.

If I am feeling a bit more extravagant, then I will have red days and treat myself to some free-range chicken or nice fish.

I might do Extra Easy if I want something like a chilli con carne, which has to have rice with it as far as I am concerned.

The thing is to do what suits you best - we are all different and react differently to the various plans. They all work, you just have to find which one works best for you.

peachy7

Silver Member
I definitely prefer red, too many carbs dont work for me, when I used to do green days id never really lose but always have good losses on red.

I'm a vegetarian so it makes sense for me to stay on the green plan. I find two Hex a's and b's enormously useful, and the plan is working for me. There is such a wide variety of food that is free I am really spoilt for choice.

My consultant wanted me to do EE, but that's before I told her I am a veggie. Good luck with whatever plan you choose. X

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
I TRY to do a mixture during the week but more often than not its EE. I think its because I know I dont have to think about it as much and weigh the HE's I just know that as long as 1/3 is superfree Im fine.

I dont eat a lot of bread either so I manage fine with 1 HexA and 1 HexB which is always milk and cereal!

xx

peachy7

Silver Member
Since starting to January my mum and eye have been doing EE, I have lost nearly 3 stone where as she has lost only 10lbs in comparison. After both her and I putting on 5 and half lbs in 2 weeks we decided we needed a change, so we have moved groups and from Monday we have been doing red and green, so far had 2 red, 2 green and 1 EE. Will see tomorrow how it works for us when we way in. I like doing the red and green because of the extra healthy extras.. but then I also like not having to weigh a potato or measure out meat on EE!
They both have their pros and cons, will let you know tomorrow evening!

How did your week go? So far I have done all red, weigh in is sat morning!!

-Laura-

Silver Member
I started on EE and struggled, not with the plan but with getting losses out of it, so now I do mostly red and green (roughly 50/50 split), and tend to save EE for days when I'm eating out, just because I find it fits better when I'm picking off menus or if someone else is cooking for me (at least, without me being dead fussy and banging on about how I can't eat this, that and the other!)

I do mostly green but sometimes red & never EE. I find that EE leaves me open to lose portion control!! Its bad enough that I can eat a plateful of pasta, but to add the meat too would mean i would definately put weight on!
cx

lurverick

Now to maintain.....
ive mostly just followed ee but have more increasingly doing red or green so i get the extra he's!