Red bean chilli - thoughts?

perfectxmess

i bought a box of 50 yesterday hoping it was gonna be ok and just had it for tea and thought it was really good. It's like actual food - and a decent size - i used a small bowl and that was perfect.

has anyone else tried it? what did you think?

Ooh good to hear its nice I've just ordered some, looking forward to trying it. The only thing I can't get on with is the carbonara.

I really want some! But I've still got almost 50 days worth of supplies so can't bring myself to spend anyone money! Glad to hear they are yummy though :)

That is good to know. I have just ordered my 4 week bumper pack. They have an offer on at the moment that you can pick your own bumper box content for the same price as the pre packed ones. I added one sample of eat ready meal.

Definately coudn't get my head round the carbonara but if the other meals are good may include more next month.

Mels xx

I am having the chili right now and i think it's good. Almost the same as regular canned chili. The beans are a bit dry because I think I should have let it sit longer before microwaving.

I also had the shepherd's pie today and that was so nice!!

I love the carbonara too... but I have to be careful because I love it a little too much and I always end up thinking I want another one after I am done :/

I tried out the chili this evening. It's good! Very filling. It didn't seem like a massive portion but I was struggling to finish it.

Next time, I'll shorten the microwave time because the tops and sides got a bit burnt. I might increase the standing time too....

withawhisper, did you stir the chilli before or after letting it stand for two minutes? The packet didn't specifically mention this step, but I did it anyway just to make sure that the powder was evenly covered with water and not half wet and half dry.

Is it spicy?! I've got it for dinner tonight but I really don't like hot spicy food so am a little apprehensive.

RED BEAN CHILLI IS AWFUL :-( I hate spicy food, had heard it wasn't (sorry Kaz1979) but my tongue is burning! Plus it's gritty, and the beans haven't hydrated, they are actually crunchy. Yuck. First and only Exante meal I've had to throw away after two spoonfuls. :-(

Had red bean chilli for lunch... struggled to finish it as it wasn't good.
Carbonara is my fave.

Sorry buttons really didn't think it was. Hope your doing well x

Thanks Kaz, it's just awkward lil ole me with my sensitive taste buds and sweet tooth! Lol. Will stick mainly to shakes and porridge, if I survive my holiday! ;-) xxx

Back