Red Days: Lamb + Slow Cooker = ??

bubbalicious

Silver Member
I have borrowed a slow cooker from a guy at work to try out and I have some diced lamb at home. No idea how to use or what to do, advise please???

Many Thanks! :)

In my slow cooker all the time I just put some water in the bottom with a stock cube put the meet in along with things like peppers carrots onion mushrooms parsnips leave it all days and serve with potato :) simple and really nice x

In my slow cooker all the time I just put some water in the bottom with a stock cube put the meet in along with things like peppers carrots onion mushrooms parsnips leave it all days and serve with potato :) simple and really nice x

I also put in with it things like garlic and other spices for more flavour x

Don't bother dry frying other ingredients like onions. Jamie Oliver did a taste test and it doesn't make much difference, so I'll go with his idea as it's quicker! I do a lot of slow cooking. Especially with lamb. And I leave it around 7 hours or more. I just add veg, onions, dried thyme, lamb, cumin. Lovely! Slow cooking is the best.

I got a slow cooker at the weekend and I'd also welcome recipes :) is there a 'slow cooker' recipe thread on here? If not maybe we should start one!

Back