Red? Green? Ee?? Confused!!!!!

Celerystalks

Hi there,
Am new to sw. Followed it briefly two years ago and lost 25 pounds. Would like to lose around 50 now!!!

I'm confused a bit about the red green and extra easy. Our consultant told us to just follow EE and not worry about the other two. It was the same last time round.

Can I ask why some of u use red and green? Does it give a better weight loss to mix it up? Or does it depend on if u feel like more meat or less of something else?

Thanks!

Depends, some people find EE easier to do as you can have the stuff off green days as well as red days. I think a lot have found they have got better weight loss results with it. I however find I struggle on EE days. I tend to mix red, green and EE and get the best results that way. This week I only did red and green and put on half a pound. Everyone is different, vegetarians will find green days more to there likely, but someone else may before a day with a lot of meat or a combination of both. I think its mostly down to personaly preference, and some people lose on EE and not on red and green and vice versa.

:banghead: :argh: This is really starting to bug me now!! Why are consultants telling people to only follow EE and not explaining Red & Green to them!

Red & Green are still part of SW and I only ever follow them, I don't like EE, I love having 2x HE's!

I don't like EE because I can't really control myself eating on it, I feel like I eat too much plus I struggle sometimes with the 1/3 rule and this is something I don't necessarily have to worry about on Red & Green days (still try to eats lots of fruit & veg anyway)

You do what feels right for you, try all 3 plans and see what works best for you!

We are always here to help you with any queries you have about all 3 plans :)

Thanks so much. Have to say I find these forums even more useful than group. And there's always someone here!!!
Yeah the 1/3 rule wasn't explained very well either. I think a lot of ppl don't get that. It was mentioned in passing alright, but as in "you should try it" but not that it was an essential part of the programme!

The green is for vegetarians.
When I first started I said to the consulant I thought Iwould lose more on red days but she told me that each work in the same way and as long as you stuck to th eplan then you would lose. I think you shoud read all three but the reason I love EE is that you dont need as much control compared to the other two plans and its not just weight lost u get from eating fruit and veg.
You do different days all week but aslong as you stick to each one then you should lose.
Good luck an dim sure if you asked your consultant they would happy to go through the other plans with you.

I was totally confused by the 1/3 superfree rule at first. I just kept on asking, "but what should the other 2/3 be made up of?!" and C just said "whatever you like!" and that just made it even more confusing, because I knew some stuff had to be synned etc but didn't fully understand. Usually when I cook, my meals are at least 2/3 superfree anyway even before SW (I really like veg) so fortunately that's never been a problem.

I do wish the green plan had been explained to me at some point though because I think that might have been useful...

nfarnon said:
The green is for vegetarians.
When I first started I said to the consulant I thought Iwould lose more on red days but she told me that each work in the same way and as long as you stuck to th eplan then you would lose. I think you shoud read all three but the reason I love EE is that you dont need as much control compared to the other two plans and its not just weight lost u get from eating fruit and veg.
You do different days all week but aslong as you stick to each one then you should lose.
Good luck an dim sure if you asked your consultant they would happy to go through the other plans with you.

Green days aren't just for vegetarians as you can have meat/poultry/fish as a HEb :)

When I mentioned at class recently that I only followed the green plan, several new(ish) members asked me what I meant!! I couldn't survive on just 1 HEB.

I have started to do a mixture throughout the week, I think I have been struggling with the 1/3rd rule at each meal, it is so much easier in the summer when you can have salads. So I have been having a mixture of all three plans and really like being able to have 2 hx a & b's on red and green, I can then save my syns for an evening treat. Just hope the scales on Tuesday are kind!

Back