1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Days Red Meal ideas!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Diamond Daisy, 5 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Diamond Daisy

Diamond Daisy Full Member

Hi :wave_cry:

I've been off this site (and SW) for a while now but back to basics after a shock when I climbed back on the scales last week!

I want to try red days but I always end up hungry as I normally bulk my meals up with potatoes and pasta on green but obviously can't do the same on red!

Please can you give me some meal ideas or point me in the direction of some recipes if possible!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I find a good steak is the best red evening meal!

Chicken wrapped in bacon with melted cheese a close second!

4. Diamond Daisy

thank you, will get them both on my weekly plan!!
  5. vanilla_cupcake

vanilla_cupcake Silver Member

On Red days I would normally have either...

Chilli with ryvita (HE B) and Philadelphia (HE A)

Bowl of chicken curry/jalfrezi with lots of chicken & veg

Chicken breasts coated in Schwartz Chargrilled Seasoning with lots of veg (brocolli, B.sprouts, carrots, butternut squash etc and some gravy

Chicken/ham salad

Bolognese with Ryvita & Philadelphia

Can't think of anything else at the minute :)
    Last edited: 5 September 2011
  6. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

also - how about a pork stir fry, prawn and salmon cooked in salt and lemon juice with SW wedges, Beef casserole, I could go on forever, i do a lot of red meals! x
  7. vanilla_cupcake

Yeah forgot about stir-frys they are GORGE! I add 2 tbsp of oyster sauce (its syn'd) and a tbsp of honey :drool:
  8. Diamond Daisy

so you have ryvita instead of pasta??
  9. vanilla_cupcake

Yeah and I don't miss the pasta at all (I did the 1st time) its yummy and my children love it too, they still have pasta but also have the cheese n crackers
  10. Diamond Daisy

I dont like fish, wish i did sometimes! lol

Please feel free to go on, will do me a favour :p

How do you make your beef casserole? With a packet mix?
  11. vanilla_cupcake

Packets are full of syns, such a waste!
  12. Diamond Daisy

Oh ok, will have to give that a bash! Do you syn or use a HE?
  13. vanilla_cupcake

HE all the time, you can have 4 original ryvita cripsbreads or 6 ryvita crackerbreads (yellow box) feel like i'm eating loads its great!
  14. Diamond Daisy

Agreed! do you have a recipe?
  15. vanilla_cupcake

I don't have a recipe for casserole.... unfortunately its something I just couldn't eat without potatoes :sigh:
  16. Diamond Daisy

Wow that many! Lots of HEs have fallen off my radar since the EE plan came in!
  17. vanilla_cupcake

I know its great!
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. I_dream_slim

I_dream_slim Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    This thread is a great idea! Experimenting with red at the mo so gonna be trying a few of these!
  20. Coz12

Coz12 Full Member

We just ate beef in mushroom sauce which was out of the little book that came with this months mag. We had cabbage & mini corn on the cob with it. Oh & a slice of bread (wholemeal from a 400g loaf hexb) which was needed to mop up the yummy sauce. It was very filling & I didn't miss having any potatoes at all.

X X X X
  21. Coz12

Coz12 Full Member

Damn I have just realised that corn on the cob needs 2 b synned on a red day!!!! Oh well I will make it EE & syn the bread!
  22. Ali*

Ali* Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    SW Jan11-Feb12/now CC
    Don't think so hun ... only sweetcorn needs to be synned on Red Day :confused: ... am I thinking of those little corns?? Oh dear ... I'm confused now! Lol x
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.