Refeed question.

Yasmine

One last chance
I know this isn't the refeed section, but I just want to know how long it takes for your water levels to return to normal when you are refeeding without gaining and what is a normal water level?

What do you mean by water levels Yasmine?
I heard that when you do LT, if you were to eat the way you used to, your water levels would rise and therefore you would gain all your weight back.

I'm not sure if it's called water levels, something about levels in your body.

Your Pharmacist will give you a refeed sheet, its basically all written down what you can and cant eat on day 1, then day 2 etc, until you have been refeeding for a week. This is produced so you slowly build up your glycogen stores. If you were to go straight onto all normal foods, the glycogen levels would fill up too quick and this would cause you to weigh heavier as water and glycogen are heavy.

Its day 3 before you are allowed any any complex carbs, such as potatoes. Its all designed to gradually restore glycogen levels which have been depleted with ketosis.

Hope I havent rambled too much on this, but at your next weigh in ask the pharmacist for a refeed sheet, so that you can get your head around it.

I have done a diary on the refeed section if you want to have a look and you will see what I have eaten since starting refeed yesterday.

Your Pharmacist will give you a refeed sheet, its basically all written down what you can and cant eat on day 1, then day 2 etc, until you have been refeeding for a week. This is produced so you slowly build up your glycogen stores. If you were to go straight onto all normal foods, the glycogen levels would fill up too quick and this would cause you to weigh heavier as water and glycogen are heavy.

Its day 3 before you are allowed any any complex carbs, such as potatoes. Its all designed to gradually restore glycogen levels which have been depleted with ketosis.

Hope I havent rambled too much on this, but at your next weigh in ask the pharmacist for a refeed sheet, so that you can get your head around it.

I have done a diary on the refeed section if you want to have a look and you will see what I have eaten since starting refeed yesterday.
Glycogen levels! that was it. Yeah, I've looking at your diary, looks tastey :).

Don't worry, I like reading all this information. You won't beleive how much research Ive been on doing on calories, metabolism, food etc. I really want to prepare myself for when the day comes when I start eating again.

Does it take a week for the levels to return to normal? what is a normal glycogen level?

I dont know what the normal levels are, but I would imagine once you are eating the complex carbs on day 3 they will start to return to the normal levels.

Its good to be prepared Yasmine and your losing really well. How much more do you want to lose before re-feeding?

I dont know what the normal levels are, but I would imagine once you are eating the complex carbs on day 3 they will start to return to the normal levels.

Its good to be prepared Yasmine and your losing really well. How much more do you want to lose before re-feeding?
It depends on how I look to be honest. I've set a base for 9st, but if I'm happy with my body before I reach 9st, then I'll stop. I'm still chubby in my thighs, tummy, arms and bum so, we'll just see how things go.

How's refeeding? is it really scary? I'm quite nervous about eating again.

Its a little worrying obviously incase I gain weight, but I am not expecting to lose the first couple of weeks until my body adjusts to food again. Then I will be happy as long as I lose 1lb per week, hopefully more though.

Yes you are right to wait until your body feels comfortable, I still feel chubby too in places, but I know I dont need to lose much more weight, but I do need to tone up.

Good luck Yasmine, and hope your bony bits arent hurting too much tonight lol.

Its a little worrying obviously incase I gain weight, but I am not expecting to lose the first couple of weeks until my body adjusts to food again. Then I will be happy as long as I lose 1lb per week, hopefully more though.

Yes you are right to wait until your body feels comfortable, I still feel chubby too in places, but I know I dont need to lose much more weight, but I do need to tone up.

Good luck Yasmine, and hope your bony bits arent hurting too much tonight lol.
Ah I see. Did you do any excersise while on LT? I really want to, but I just feel so sleepy.

Oh god my boney bits, such a different feeling it's creepy lol

I didnt exercise for the first few weeks, then gradually built it up until I was walking 3 miles every second day or so. Youtube 8 minute exercises plus sky+ the aerobics workouts and bellydancing and also yoga. I tend to do these most day, but probably about 5 days out of 7, depending on my shifts.

I didnt exercise for the first few weeks, then gradually built it up until I was walking 3 miles every second day or so. Youtube 8 minute exercises plus sky+ the aerobics workouts and bellydancing and also yoga. I tend to do these most day, but probably about 5 days out of 7, depending on my shifts.
I used to do the 8 min workouts and they are so good. I really want to do exercise, I just hate this lethargy feeling that I get every minute of the day! As soon as I stand, my head starts spinning and I lose my balance a lot fo the time.

I hate just sitting on my arse most of the time, I want to be active :(

Back