Refeed.

Hi folks, thank goodness for this forum- you guys are a life line. I started refeed yesterday, and am really really struggling to eat. Am finding I just don't fancy food, and although I am trying to stick to plan exactly, with the introduction of two meals today, I ended up throwing half a salad/quorn away. Has anyone else struggled? I thought I would really look forward to food but alas, I miss my shakes.

That's probably a good thing as you are less likely to binge eat. Also if you feel full, don't force it. It means you are listening to your body telling you that it's had enough. forcing food down is what tells your stomach to start ignoring those signals as it assumes you must be preparing for a period of no food and therefore stocking up. Do it too often and then you find you eat more and more because the full signals stop until you end up back where you started. Eating slowly and stopping when you start to feel full is good practice. You can always put your knife & fork down then pick them up again after a few minutes if you decide you can manage a few more mouthfuls.

exactly listen to you body and you wont go wrong :)

h x

Hi OMG I feel exactly the same !! I'm actually having a lot of anxiety about eating again. Really didn't expect to feel like this. I feel a bit terrified of putting anything back on . Guess it is better than binge eating x

I think most of us are nervous about eating because there's the risk that those scales go in reverse, even if it is only the weight of the meal in our stomachs it's enough to send some folk into a cold sweat, probably me included.

Well so far so good... Losing not gaining although struggling to wrap my head around the concept that food is ok... Day five of refeed but still on day 2 menu really... Struggling to fit any more in! Haven't eaten bread yet, or pasta... Seems too scary. I was a big chickpea eater before LT- anyone know if we can eat those?

yeadh I'm terrified. I'm gonna do Lipo for another 3 or 4 weeks and then refeed for 2 weeks. My pharmacist is all about the doom and gloom of glycogen, and how you can put up 4 lbs glycogen weight for every normal pound you put up, etc etc - making me never want to eat again, ever!

Good luck though, I hope it goes well and that you have cheery stories for the rest of us ;-)

yeadh I'm terrified. I'm gonna do Lipo for another 3 or 4 weeks and then refeed for 2 weeks. My pharmacist is all about the doom and gloom of glycogen, and how you can put up 4 lbs glycogen weight for every normal pound you put up, etc etc - making me never want to eat again, ever!

Good luck though, I hope it goes well and that you have cheery stories for the rest of us ;-)

they quote all that stuff in detail on the refeeding sheet. i wasnt given one of these the first time so it was quite enlightening lol (i refeed next monday)

h x

Hey thanks for replies... Harriet I can't find anything about pulses on the refeed sheet... Am I just being thick? Lol. Still losing on refeed.... Yay :) fav meal at mo is a portion of quorn chicken pieces, with natural yoghurt, coriander, chilli and garlic over a small baked potato. Yummy :)

Yea it's great :) nothing like a crispy potato after weeks on lipotrim!! On way back from hols- have managed to eat quite sensibly but have indulged a little :( but appetite def shrunk which is great. Back on tfr from tomorrow. Going to be a shock again!!!

Yea it's great :) nothing like a crispy potato after weeks on lipotrim!! On way back from hols- have managed to eat quite sensibly but have indulged a little :( but appetite def shrunk which is great. Back on tfr from tomorrow. Going to be a shock again!!!

Good luck! Hopefully from your TFR experience you will have changed your whole attitude to food. I mean, if you can go without fatty/high-cal foods for so long, then you end up realizing that you don't need them after all. Good luck!

That's true abbz. Sitting at costa coffee at the airport surrounded by goodies and honestly not wanting anything. Poached egg with a veggie sausage and a slice of toast this morning and haven't wanted anything since. And looking forward to my shakes tomorrow. Had so many compliments about figure whilst we were away from friends who haven't seen me for a while.. It's true what they say.. Nothing tastes as good as being thinner feels. I am on this road now and plan to stick to it. Lipotrim has changed my life.

I know Kate Moss got flack for it but she was right; nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels

I wouldn't know, never been skinny, but I can imagine how it feels:p

Haha me either abbz! We will soon though ;)

Xx

Back