REFEEDING MONDAY 21 SEPTEMBER

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Yes, me again!!

I have not found getting back to TFR difficult at all.....not had the headaches, or anything else associated with the first week on LT!

BUT, I have had a right battle with my mind with the whole "NO FOOD" thing. I am itching to get back and eat healthily and prove to myself I can do this, and I just feel TFR is prolonging this process and I am starting to resent it, which I dont want as it has been a great tool.

So, I read something yesterday, which said DO DIETS WORK....the answer was YES, as a tool, but not a lifestyle choice.....it said it all to me, as my ultimate aim is to live healthy everafter!!!

So, I have decided to refeed as of tomorrow. The pharmacy doesnt know yet, but I will tell her when I get there tomorrow at my WI. I just feel it is the right thing to do, and I think I have lost around half a stone this week, so that means only half a stone away from goal.

I stress, I dont feel I have failed not getting to goal...I am so happy the way I am, I know I have a lot of toning to do, but cant do that on TFR, so my aim will be to up the exercise regime and also join a slimming club (not for the weight loss, but for some inspiration and exercise too).

So, hopefully, I will be coming over to the Maintenance soon...only going to refeed for 1 week, and then eat nice and healthy after that.

Oh, I am prepared for a small gain next week on Refeed, but at least this time I know I may put on, but that is fine :)

Will let you know how I get on with my WI tomorrow.

Well good luck for weigh in tomorrow and welcome back to the land of food.

Iris, you are such a sensible and level headed person, I know and have so much faith in you that those last few lbs will soon be gone.

It's uncanny. That's exactly what i have decided to do. I only wanted to lose a stone, I have lost 10lbs already this week. I am finding total abstinence difficult. Its the drinks without milk that are killing me!

I am going to refeed for 1 week and join slimming world.

Good luck xxx

Hi Scotsmist,
well done to you on your decision, I know you agonised over it but always knew you would do what was right for you.
Finger are crossed for tomorrows weigh in, a good TFR week will have been an excellent restart for you and from there on you can have your salads. The allotment must be over yielding again since you weren't eating. I have an awful longing for cherry tomatoes at the moment, eat them in everything.
Enjoy the refeed.
doirin

Ah Iris you're deserting me lol But good on you for making that decision.

I too feel like i should be eating and getting to goal the 'healthy' way but im just not ready. Im sure your decision is the right one for you. Being only half a stone away from goal is nothing, you will for sure get there - i've every faith :)

Be sure to fill me in on your weigh in tomorrow, good luck, not that you needs it mind!! :) xxx

Well done on a great decision Iris! Personally I think it takes a lot more strength to do what you're going to than to stay with TFR. TFR is so easy - eating sensibly is by far the hardest option.

I hope that doesn't sound negative because I think it's a brilliantly positive decision for you - that you'll feel much happier about.

It's very tempting to try to sort out any gains we might have by TFRing again. Indeed I'm sort of doing this myself by just having maintenance products for 2 days but it certainly wouldn't be a good idea to try to control weight this way on a long term basis!

As you so rightly say we are all going to have to build our relationship with food back up, hopefully into a better one than we had before and we can't do that if we're not eating any! It helps that you're happy with the way you are. That way you won't be stressing about sts the odd week etc. I think you're being very sensible and I admire you for your decision.

BTW - Tan ... this doesn't mean I think you're doing the wrong thing - just in case you were thinking that (not that it would matter what I thought anyway! ;)) This was always your plan and you're sticking to it! Go YOU! xx :) xx

Last edited:
hi, everything you and others said is so true, and you lifestyle choices changes so much after this diet its unreal, well done on half stone gone and best of luck with wi today, i'm sure you have made the right choice, for you :)

Well done on a great decision Iris! Personally I think it takes a lot more strength to do what you're going to than to stay with TFR. TFR is so easy - eating sensibly is by far the hardest option.

I hope that doesn't sound negative because I think it's a brilliantly positive decision for you - that you'll feel much happier about.

It's very tempting to try to sort out any gains we might have by TFRing again. Indeed I'm sort of doing this myself by just having maintenance products for 2 days but it certainly wouldn't be a good idea to try to control weight this way on a long term basis!

As you so rightly say we are all going to have to build our relationship with food back up, hopefully into a better one than we had before and we can't do that if we're not eating any! It helps that you're happy with the way you are. That way you won't be stressing about sts the odd week etc. I think you're being very sensible and I admire you for your decision.

BTW - Tan ... this doesn't mean I think you're doing the wrong thing - just in case you were thinking that (not that it would matter what I thought anyway! ;)) This was always your plan and you're sticking to it! Go YOU! xx :) xx

:giggle: jan! No worries! :) Im not ready to go back to healthy eating just yet - im still classed as obese believe it or not! :sigh: LOL

Hey Iris! You okay??

How did you get on?? xxx

Refeeding

Godd luck with your week of refeeding I hope you loose a lb
I start on Thurs and am terrified as i also am 10 lbs from my goal

Sorry guys, just so busy at work,,,cant get time to come on and have a good look at the forum!

I will respond to each message when I get a minute, but just wanted you to know that my loss was 5.3 lbs, taking me to 10 stone 8.8 lbs...so really happy with that...thought it was more, but as I say, I am quite happy.

Promise to get on asap when everything calms down a bit!!

As others say, totally support you in your decision :) and wish you nothing but the best. What a great weigh in to stop at, too!

I'm finding it soooooo hard to stay on course for the final few weeks, but taking one day at a time :) and hoping i will get there!

You will do this, i just know you will :)

oh Iris good for you! tough decision that one - battling with it myself (not for now mind you - maybe december) but i think its a great decision.

well done on the loss! you'll do great honey - we all have every faith in you! xxx

well done on yer loss iris :)

Well done on the loss Iris! xx

Well good luck for weigh in tomorrow and welcome back to the land of food.

Iris, you are such a sensible and level headed person, I know and have so much faith in you that those last few lbs will soon be gone.

Thank you so much Mary....you have been a great help and real inspiration to me. Knowing maintaining is possible after TFR!

I am enjoying eating, but it is certainly more low key this time, which is what I wanted.

Will keep you posted!

Hi Scotsmist,
well done to you on your decision, I know you agonised over it but always knew you would do what was right for you.
Finger are crossed for tomorrows weigh in, a good TFR week will have been an excellent restart for you and from there on you can have your salads. The allotment must be over yielding again since you weren't eating. I have an awful longing for cherry tomatoes at the moment, eat them in everything.
Enjoy the refeed.
doirin

You helped a great deal Doirin with your wisdom and words - so thank you very much.

I will start eating tomatoes Day 4..hahah....remember last re-feed..dont want that hassle again! Greenhouse is bursting with little tiny toms and I am so looking forward to having some. We have loads of beans/sweetcorn (which I wont touch, too much carbs), carrots, spuds and a few cabbages and I think that is it...oh, apples galore, which I am looking forward to having on Thursday :)

Ah Iris you're deserting me lol But good on you for making that decision.

I too feel like i should be eating and getting to goal the 'healthy' way but im just not ready. Im sure your decision is the right one for you. Being only half a stone away from goal is nothing, you will for sure get there - i've every faith :)

Be sure to fill me in on your weigh in tomorrow, good luck, not that you needs it mind!! :) xxx

Hi Tanya
LOVE THE PHOTO!!!! Congratulations and I do hope you had a lovely day :)

We are all different Tanya and you will be ready one day; I just knew my time was now and didnt want to resent LT...wanted to go out on a high.....

So far so good, but need to keep a check all the time, but I am finding it easy and just enjoying having the little amount of food at the minute...AND, also enjoying having plain food rather than the Turkish food I had on holiday..as much as I love it, it is nice to be in control of what I eat :)

Hope all is ok with you and you are doing well on TFR!

Back