• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Refeeding queries

Yasmine

One last chance
S: 13st10lb C: 11st10lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 24.9 Loss: 2st0lb(14.58%)

JanD

maintaining since June'09
S: 15st9.5lb C: 10st13.6lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 24.8 Loss: 4st9.9lb(30.02%)
Hiya Yas!

Hope you're doing okay! :)

You only have potatoes/pasta at one meal, the other carbs you can have in the day is the bread/pita/roll/bagel.
I guess there could be an arguement for - if you're not having the bread option to have another serving of the potato option. I'd say be careful though because the potato option is a starchy one, not a complex carb one.
Personally I prefer to have exactly what's on the sheet - it's only for a few weeks after all.

Meat-wise, you're right it doesn't give a weight, just says 'lean meat'. I'm not actually planning on having any red meat in refeed but if i did I think I'd stick to the 4-6oz thing. I find 4ozs plenty for chicken & turkey but would probably need the 6ozs for red meat as it weighs heavier.

Hope this helps hun xx

S: 16st3lb C: 14st2lb G: 8st8lb BMI: 32 Loss: 2st1lb(12.78%)
Cheers Jan. You see on the example on the refeed sheet it says that you can have 1 jacket potato for lunch and then at speghetti bolognaise for dinner. So I was wondering if that was right or not.

Yasmine

One last chance
Opps! I commented using my sisters account! LOL!!

Yasmine

One last chance
ive said to my self for refeed only one carbo a day so if i have a potatoe then no bread or rice and pasta but it is confusing huh
Yeah, I wish they'd be more straight forward. Myabe I'll add in more carbs at a later stage. I plan on refeeding for about 3 weeks and a bit.

JanD

maintaining since June'09
S: 15st9.5lb C: 10st13.6lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 24.8 Loss: 4st9.9lb(30.02%)
Cheers Jan. You see on the example on the refeed sheet it says that you can have 1 jacket potato for lunch and then at speghetti bolognaise for dinner. So I was wondering if that was right or not.
TBH Yas I hadn't noticed that - I've been going off the "Day 4-7 each day have ....." list on page 4.

I think maybe that's another question I'll put in the letter I'm planning to write them! Confusing! xx

Yasmine

One last chance
Cheers hunny :D

LisaLisa

Silver Member
looking at the sample menus on the refeed sheet for days 4-7 it says you can have both

sample menu 1

brekkie - shake
lunch - fish fillet, potato, carrots, and 2 tbs broccolli - low fat yogurt
dinner - chicken, jacket potato, salad, fruit or low fat dessert
evening - sandwich - pickles fat free mayo, salad, slice of cold meat
snack - fruit

sample menu 2

brekkie - shake
lunch - sandwich [tuna] and bowl of salad, 2 pieces of fruit or yogurt
dinner - spag bol, serving spoon of veggies and low fat dessert
snack or evening - low fat fromage frais with fruit slices or low fat jelly crystals

looks like you can have at least 2 servings of carbs a day and a mixture of bread and potato throughout the day, just dont have both at the same time - guess

i hope thats right cos that is what i have been doing!!!

Yasmine

One last chance
Oh I see! thanks for that. How did it go when weighing yourself after the meals you described above??

LisaLisa

Silver Member
i gained a pound this week but i havent ever eaten the amount they recommend on the sample menus to be honest - never had a sarni late on like it says or owt.

i would stick to three meals a day for the first week anyways

but i aint no guru on the subject lol