Refusing to be a fat bride ... Get me to target!!!

camz

Gold Member
So here I am... The evening after booking our wedding (29th July 2017) feeling completely and utterly remotivated and rejuvenated with regards to my belief in myself and my ability to finally become the person I want to be on the outside - I'm already reasonably happy with what's on the inside!!!

My name is Laura and I am 25 years old. I live in my dream home with my OH, who I've been with for almost 11 years - since we were 14! I weight in on a Tuesday at 5.30pm and I currently weigh 13st 6 and have so far lost exactly half a stone by following slimming world ... This has taken me since before Xmas, not for any reason other than the fact that I have been fannying on.

This is all about to change - I not only want to lose weight for vain reasons (I've wanted to be slimmer for as long as I can remember - although in hindsight I wasn't actually that big when I was younger!) I now have a wedding day to aim towards, and a realistic time frame to get to my goal of around 9st 7 (I am 5"3).

I also want to lose weight for health reasons - for the first time In my life I feel like my weight is affecting my health, and at 25 I feel that is ridiculous, there's really no excuse!! I plan to up my fitness levels whilst losing weight, starting with Day 1 of C25K in the morning before work!

And so that's it really for now, I'm going to be posting in this diary to keep myself motivated, and hopefully some of you other lovely brides to be may join me with wedding advice and keep me on the straight and narrow at the same time!

Am going to sleep now, ending what feels a bit like day 1 all over again on 7 SYNS! Bring on the week ahead!!!

So today has been a pretty positive day! I actually did get up this morning and complete day 1 of the C25K programme - wasn't sure I actually would haha! I then had a decent day food wise (ended on 12 SYNS) AND turned down a cream egg at work!!

I have decided to change from my usual Tuesday class to one on a sat morning - I feel this will be a better time of the week for me, and the consultant of the sat group is real inspiring and encouraging! So I know have to wait til sat to get weighed, but am on the straight and narrow so should be fine :)

Lbs lost this week -2.5lbs

Lbs lost altogether -7lbs

Lbs to target - 55lbs to go!!!

Congratulations on booking your big day! I've recently booked mine (14th May 2016) and I'm hoping to lose another 38lbs ish. I went from 14stone to 10.7 a few years ago over about ) months, halted, lost some last year, gained it over engagement celebrations, Christmas and then birthday, and now ready to crack on again!

I've also done C25K and loved it!

Good luck with your goal :) you have such an amazing motivating thing to get you going so I'm sure you'll do well xx

Thanks so much Hun! Your wedding will fly in now I bet!!

Today my food plan is

B - 2x alpen light (HEX B)

S - fruit

L - mugshot, hula hoops puft (3.5 SYNS) fruit, mullerlight.

D - bolognese pasta bake (inc lots of speedy foods) cheese (HEX A)

And maybe a few more SYNS later on tonight x

Last edited:
Well I have managed to stick to my food plan for the day with added 1/2 SYN for SW haribo so ending on 4 SYNS and feeling good today!

Going out for tea tomorrow night with my mam and mother in law to our wedding venue as there is a wedding Fayre on there and they've not been yet!! So I will be getting up to do Day 2 C25K in the morning!

Night all xxx

Food looks great today Laura! SW haribo sound yum and dangerous! The wedding fayre sounds fun :) how long have you been engaged for? x

Surprisingly not too dangerous - 1.5 SYNS makes loads - I only had 1/2 syn worth and felt satisfied

We got engaged 18 months ago, and decided we would buy our house before planning a wedding, which we have done now and are all moved in and settled! It's been pretty much all go since we got engaged so pleased we've got plenty of time to enjoy wedding planning and relax a little! Xx

Tonight I went to the wedding Fayre with mam and MIL, it was really good! We also ate tea there and I was semi-sensible.

So today I've had 2x alpen light (HEX B) and and orange.

L- last nights bolognese (lots of speedy foods in sauce) and 1x low fat g bread (3 SYNS)

D - I ordered a roast turkey dinner - sliced turkey (free) veg (speed) roasties (6 SYNS) gravy (1 SYNS) yorkshire pud (8 SYNS) and I drank diet coke as I was driving, mams had 2 large glasses of wine!

So over by a few SYNS but was under yesterday so I will let it slide! X

Sorry I've not posted in a little while! Been visiting a friend who lives in Hull but is also on slimming world so foodwise I was pretty good but did drink 2 bottles of wine on Sunday night. Been back on plan since I got home but now have an impromptu night out with my other half for drinks tomorrow night so will be pretty over SYNS by the time I get home!

Going to make sure I don't have any SYNS tomorrow until I get into Newcastle then will try to have a SYN free day Friday before weigh in!

Have set myself the goal of losing 6lbs this month which would get me my 1st award and into the next stone bracket!

So here goes!! Hopefully I can still manage 1.5lbs off on sat!! Xx

Lbs lost this week -1lb

Lbs lost altogether -8lbs

Lbs to target - 54lbs to go!!!

Well it's safe to say I most definitely did not manage -1.5lbs on Sat, instead I gained 1lb!! Was surprised at the time but in hindsight I had WAY too many treats!

However I still have my goal in mind of getting my stone award by the end of this month and so am aiming for a 4lb loss this week! I've been mega good so far and completely on plan this week - with LOTS of speedy foods involved! I'm feeling mega pleased with myself and really hoping to see the results on Saturday morning!

I've also discovered that I LOVE twinings salted caramel green which is very good not only for weight loss but also for a healthy digestive system, which is good news with my recent bowel problems.

Will keep you all posted! :) x

Lbs lost this week +1lb

That's far better than my 7lb scale hop gain!! Oops!!

It happens! And sometimes (although I HATE when it happens!) it's what I need for a kick up the bum to get back on track!!!!

Are you back in the zone now? Xx

Lbs lost this week +1lb

I bloody well hope so! I've just realised I'm a third of the way through my engagement so I need to buck up!!! :eek: xx

Do you have a long wait until your wedding Hun? So good having something motivating to work towards isn't it!? X

Lbs lost this week +1lb

400 days today! Eek!!! It doesn't feel like long :eek: how about you? xx

Eek!!!! It's gonna fly in!! We are July 2017 so still quite a wait - plenty time to get to target before dress shopping! X

Lbs lost this week +1lb

Well I had WI yesterday and I lost .... 3lbs!!!

Not quite the 4lbs I was aiming for haha but I was chuffed! 4lbs to go til I get my 1 stone award - which I was aiming to get by end of August. If I still want to get that then I need 2lbs this week and next so I'm going for it!

Yesterday I went out for lunch, then drank too much, then had a footlong subway - YIKES! However I woke up and got straight back on plan this morning, and will be sticking to 10 SYNS or under for the rest of the week in the hope that I can still get my stone award!

OH and I also have a summer ball to attend in 5 weigh ins and I have a lovely size 14 dress I'd LOVE to be able to wear but at the minute there's not a chance in hell so I best get cracking on! X

Lbs lost this week -3lbs

Lbs lost altogether -10lbs

Lbs to target - 52lbs to go!!!

Have let this blog slide in the last few weeks, been mega busy with work!! Didn't have a great week last week - was majorly unorganised and made a couple of poor choices which resulted in a 1lb gain - meaning I've STILL not got my stone award!

This week I'm aiming for 3lbs to get me past that stone mark and into the 12s!!

Have had a pretty decent bank hol diet wise (but pretty boring socially!) as OH is in Magaluf with the lads until this afternoon. I was a bit fed up last night and wanted a masala real bad, so I ordered masala, plain pilau and plain naan from the Indians, plated up half of each and the rest is in the fridge for OH when he's back later!

Normally I would have eaten the majority and felt Ill afterwards but in fact I was really full afterwards and it totally satisfied my cravings!

I ended yesterday on 28.5 SYNS, which I am pleased with, and will try to have 10 or less a day between now and Friday ready for Saturdays weigh in!

Must get to the gym again once this cough clears up too! X

Lbs lost this week +1lb

Lbs lost altogether -11.5lbs

Lbs to target - 50.5lbs to go!!!

Well after a week of fighting cravings (just like curry-gate!) and barely winning I managed to lose 1.5lbs this week! In hindsight it's probably a little more than I deserved and annoyingly had I been 100% I could have smashed through my 1 stone award!

This week I have made a pledge with my consultant to go for 1.5lbs at least every single week between now and my holiday with the girls! I have 12 more weigh ins and that would see me fly past my 2 stone award and in the 11s!!!! The 11s is somewhere I would love to get to again as I think 11st 7lbs was my sticking point last time I did this a few years back! And I know I felt fab when I got there, I can't wait to get past that and finally to goal, and it finally feels achievable!!!

I'm feeling mega excited and mega on plan, as I'm sure you can tell! I've been to the footy and even after a couple of drinks and a few (delicious!!) bites of the other halves Mars bar I am finishing today bang on 15 SYNS!!! Making cheese burger and chips tonight - and have saved my a and b so it's totally guilt free!

Happy weekend everyone!!! X

Lbs lost this week -1.5lbs

Lbs lost altogether -13lbs

Lbs to target -49lbs to go!!!

Good luck! Sounds like you're heading the right direction. Keep up the great work xx

Back