Removing programmes from pc

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Somehow my son has managed to download some search toolbar. It's really slowing down pc.

I went to control panel add/remove programmes & removed it but its still there.

Any ideas? X

When in doubt I always ask my good friend Mr. Google.

Sorry not to be of more help BB. For sure someone on here will be able to help you............some very clever folks on here you know lol !! xxxxxx

fillymum said:
When in doubt I always ask my good friend Mr. Google.

Sorry not to be of more help BB. For sure someone on here will be able to help you............some very clever folks on here you know lol !! xxxxxx

Thanks anyway hun, I looked at Google & did what it said but still on there. So annoying as noticed to get on an internet page really slowed down.

I'm not very technically minded hun, but my suggestion would be to carry out a System Restore to a point before the toolbar wad downloaded...all your files will remain intact, but it should get rid of that for you :) xx

Brilliant and so obvious !!!

Thanks hun I'll do that later & see how I get on xxx

Do a search for it and it will tell you where it has been downloaded to.Then you can just delete it.

I've now tried the restore & the search & delete and its still there :confused:

It's called babylon, I've noticed too that when I tried to log in to minis on the main screen it wouldn't let my mouse click in the box to put my user name in and on facebook it won't let me hit home.

Really don't know what to do next. :mad:

gettingfit said:
Or look in the download box and see if it's there.

Will try these later as son on pc now, thanks x

If you Google remove babylon toolbar you will see that you are definitely not the only one! Among the dozens of suggestions, there should be one that suits your situation, depending what browser you are using. Good luck!

if the bar is in Internet Explorer I would be tempted to leave it and download Chrome or Firefox, just use a different browser, it usually downloads to a specifc browser so it will work on one browser and the others will ignore it (and firefox and chrome are far faster than IE anyway). If not, download Malwarebytes, that normal pics up these random toolbars as well as any other malware/adware objects and should remove them, failing it not being able to remove you will be able to quarantine it which will keep on the system but stop it from working

From a technical geek (well a web designer :p)

Back