Replacing a shake with a tin of tuna etc

Would I come out of ketosis or would my weight loss slow down if I replaced a shake with something less than 150cals I.e the amount of calories in a shake, has anyone else tried this?

Hi Lipotrim

I think you will come out of ketosis when you eat and although it is healthy food you would then feel hunger again so try and not go for it unless you want to go on a refeed, which people here can still lose weight on but slower. Good luck :)

You probably wouldn't come out of ketosis but your weight loss would slow down I would think. PLUS - as it's supposed to be TOTAL food replacement you may not be getting your full quota of nutrients. So common sense would say - you might get away with it now and again but it wouldn't be a good idea to do it too often and it isn't following the plan 100% so you couldn't expect the best possible results.

HTH x

I think the key thing about our 3 shakes a day is that they provide all the NUTRIENTS your body needs to function in a healthy, safe manner.

It's NOT all about calories... you may well replace the calories with the tuna and as Jan says you may not even come out of ketosis. Plus, again as Jan sayd, it's called Total Food REplacement for a reason! lol

BUT would you still get all the essential vitamins and minerals your body needs?

Basically, it's not worth cheating because you'd be cheating yourself.

Please try to stick 100% to LT or you simply won't see the results you should do.

yes..it's not the calories that keeps you in or out of ketosis.

Its the carb amount.

You could eat a tin of tuna and stay in ketosis as tuna is protein and has either no/low carb content.

It you are really serious about going along this route, you might be better following the Atkins diet rather than paying out for LT. That way at least you'd be able to judge what you can eat and remain in ketosis as the Atkins diet spells it out in no uncertain terms.

I did the Atkins and other diets but I prefer LT as you know you are getting the nutrients you need. The Atkins diet was good but I could never be sure all my nutrient needs were being met.

Alex

DONT DO IT!!! you will just get hungry and will then struggle to stay on it believe me i know i have done it any it was so hard then to stick to its just really not worth it u go thru more anguish trying to get your self back and you proberly would not enjoy that tin of tuna as much as you think u will.....100% food replacement eating is not a option!! ok consider yourself told DONT DO IT!! LOL! X X

yes..it's not the calories that keeps you in or out of ketosis.

Its the carb amount.

You could eat a tin of tuna and stay in ketosis as tuna is protein and has either no/low carb content.

I remember though on the LT site video, it stated that even if you eat protein only, the body will transform some of that protien into carbs and then it would knock you out of ketosis.

I know it is hard but doing LT 100% is the only way really, it says to look at it as medicene and if I was taking medication for any illness I don't deviate because I know I won't get the results I want and NEED. It is the same principle with LT.

Stick with you will be happy you did

XXXXxxx

It you are really serious about going along this route, you might be better following the Atkins diet rather than paying out for LT. That way at least you'd be able to judge what you can eat and remain in ketosis as the Atkins diet spells it out in no uncertain terms.

I did the Atkins and other diets but I prefer LT as you know you are getting the nutrients you need. The Atkins diet was good but I could never be sure all my nutrient needs were being met.

Alex[/QUOTE]

I don't know what happened there but my message starts at I remeber though and ends at xxxx

I agree with others - no point doing tfr if your going to eat - defeats the object!!

Back