Replacing a shake

Hannah1135

Hiya!

Does anyone regularly replace a shake with something similar/lower calorie content as one of the shakes? I'd like to replace my lunchtime shake with oats so simple made with water (it comes in at around 130 calories) because it fills me up a bit more!

Thanks x

You could but bear in mind the shakes are packed full of nutrients your body needs. By cutting it out you may not get all the vitamins and minerals you need. Unless you tailor your snacks and meal to keep everything nicely balanced.

I hadn't thought of that - was just thinking it might be a good way to stop myself being so hungry in the afternoons!

Thanks!

I sometimes replace a shake with food and also sometimes skip snacks and have a more calorie-rich meal. It doesn't seem to affect my weight losses.

All I would reiterate is Daniel's comment that you need to make sure you are getting the right nutrients. I use MFP to keep track of this as well as my calories for the day.......... helps me as I have to keep things as low carb as possible because I dont' metabolise them well.

Back