Replicating meals out into syn free meals

StacieG

Well..I love eating out and the whole things tends to be eating things you arent meant to! We went to the local fayre and square and someone had the steak salad.. I didn't opt for the that as the potatoes that where included were fried.
I adapted it at home.. I made a bowl full of salad, lettuce, peppers, cucumber, spring onions and for the others tomatoes and celary (Yuk!) and during the time I quartered some new potatoes and par-boiled them as you would for roast potatoes. I lined an over tray with frylight and drained them, seasoned and also added some paprika and put them on the tray with some frylight and put them under the grill! Doing it this way I found they go really crispy but still soft inside and only take like 10 minutes!.. I then cooked the steak to my liking and sliced it added it to the salad, topped with the potatoes and dadaa! syn free steak salad... I know i know simple but lush!
The other one is Jacket potato with cheese and bacon that they do in Morrisons Cafe. This isn't so bad in syns but I reduced it by grilling the bacon with the fat removed and then using 42g reduced fat cheddar for a HEX A, served with a salad. Lovely jubbly.
Anyone else got any recipes that they have adapted to enjoy at home??

im always making low syn versions of things cheese filled burgers, chocolate cake, tatziki hummus stuffed chillis, curries etc etc

6 syn black forest roulade

For the cake
5 large eggs
40g reduced fat cocoa (tesco’s is 6 syns) if you use diff cocoa the syns may be more
6 heaped dessertspoons of sweetener
for the filling
a few good handfuls of frozen cherries
2 dessertspoons of sweetener
1x 0%fat activea cherry yog (do not use a muller as its too runny)
½ a tub of quark

set oven to 150 c

separate 4 of the eggs and whisk up the egg whites to stiff peaks
in another bowl whisk the yolks with 6 desertspoons of sweetener until pale add the 40g of cocoa and the remaining whole egg and whisk until smooth and creamy

slowly fold in the egg whites to the choc mix until incorporated

pour into a small lined roulade tin and bake in the oven for approx 20 min (until springy to touch

remove from oven and cover with a tea towel so it doesn’t dry out (makes it easier to roll)

mix yog and quark with remaining sweetener

ok for the cake building you can either half the sponge and fill like a Victoria sponge or be adventurous and attempt rolling it

spread the sponge with yog sprinkle on the cherries and roll using the tea towel to help you

enjoy

and don’t worry if the lot accidently gets eaten “its only 6 syns”

makes 6 portions so one syn each

Ooooh sounds lovely! How do you do your cheese filled burgers?

StacieG said:
Ooooh sounds lovely! How do you do your cheese filled burgers?

I either but syn Free burgers from our sw butcher or make my own get a hex or half a hex of cheese and sandwitch between two burgers and crimp them together then cook

cat yoyo greaves said:
I either but syn Free burgers from our sw butcher or make my own get a hex or half a hex of cheese and sandwitch between two burgers and crimp them together then cook

You are so lucky we don't have a sw butcher!!

Back