reset target

shazz999

Hi, I set my target at 9st 4 which I reached 2 weeks ago. I now wish I had set it at 9 stone. Do I have to go 7lb under my original target?

Fraid so shazz! My advice to anyone on their s w journey is to make sure when you set target that you will be happy with that figure. I think its a mistake to set it too early, not saying you did, but yes you have to go 7lbs under sorry:cry::cry:

I set mine last week (when I joined) but want to lower it from 9,10 to 9,7. I'm a stone off it at the mo - am I able to change it or am I stuck at it too? X

Hi ask your consultant. If she actually set it on your card then yes it can only be re set by 7lbs. But she may not have done it yet on yr card in which case my advice to you would be to wait a little while to see what you feel happy with. Its a little early to set final pat when you have only just joined hope this helps

They didn't really explain that to me & just asked what I wanted to weigh as I jumped on the scales so I just blurted a number out!! Thanks for your help though & I'll ask the consultant on Tuesday. X

That is a bit naughty, they should not have done that, plus the fact anyone could hear what you said, and its confidential info. I would explain to your consultant that you are new to S W and dont quite understand how the pat (personal attaintment target) works, and if she has set it (which I doubt as yr new) then ask if you can have a think when you have been on yr journey for a while. Hope this helps;);)

I have just found out through a facebook page that they changed this rule about going 7lb lower because people were deliberately gaining weight to go back over thier target so as they could then reset to whatever they wanted. Seems you can now change it to whatever you want so long as it is a healthy BMI. Is this tue?

I dont think this is the case because our c mentioned last week in group that once you set target it can only be changed by 7lbs, and she is a very very good consultant. Of the two I would go by what my c told us

New to SW

Why do you have to go 7lbs lighter (sorry, new to this!)

Hi ask your consultant. If she actually set it on your card then yes it can only be re set by 7lbs. But she may not have done it yet on yr card in which case my advice to you would be to wait a little while to see what you feel happy with. Its a little early to set final pat when you have only just joined hope this helps

Not quite true.... If you haven't actually reached your target then you can change it to whatever you want. A lot of people set a target and then realise it's too high/low etc and adjust it.
I do the weighing and setting of targets on the card system, I always ask new members if they have a target in mind, or want an interim target and I am always discreet. People shouldn't be standing close to the scale anyway, they should be a small distance back for privacy!

If you reach your target, as far as I understand it, you have to reduce by 7lb.

I have just found out through a facebook page that they changed this rule about going 7lb lower because people were deliberately gaining weight to go back over thier target so as they could then reset to whatever they wanted. Seems you can now change it to whatever you want so long as it is a healthy BMI. Is this tue?

In the book "choose success" in the new pack, pg 25

At target - if you drop 4lb or more below your original target you may - set a new PAT (target) which must be a minimum of 7lb below your previous target or
Return to within 3lb of your PAT

So I doubt this has changed if it's in the new book!

This is one of the answers when I asked on facebook. Emma who is mentioned is my consultant
The rules were changed last year to give consultants the flexibility on xpressweigh to change a target within the 7lb usual limit to stop people putting on weight and changing targets as was mentioned earlier! If you need help doing it Emma, PM me and i'll talk you through it!

I think it might also be that you can be 3 lb out of target but once you are a target member you don't pay so what would stop me from setting target at 16 stone then going 3 lbs under then setting target and so on and so on and never paying again!

Back