Rest days

rachaeld82

Hi all

Just wondering if you all have rest days in the week where you don't exercise, and if so how many? Does anyone exercise 7 days a week?

I've lost a fair bit of weight so far, but its slowing down now and I am trying to kick start it. I've got the running bug and am now exercising 6 or 7 days a week, varying runs with gym classes and a bootcamp, but just wondered what other people do in terms of having any days off?

Thanks

I used to exercise every day, but then found my energy levels dropped after a couple of weeks. I find having rest days helps my body recover, so have more energy when I do exercise.
Now I run 3-4 times a week, but one run is 6-10 miles.
My general rule is to listen to your body.

Thanks Shaz, I've only been doing this much for the past two weeks, so I think I will start to get tired too, will see how it goes!

i exercise 7 days a week but i use one of them as a rest day meaning i do low impact instead of usual high impact

Gina - what do you count as low impact? Am trying to get my balance right! At the minute I run, and for classes I do Body Combat (x2), Zumba, Body Pump and bootcamp.

Gina - what do you count as low impact? Am trying to get my balance right! At the minute I run, and for classes I do Body Combat (x2), Zumba, Body Pump and bootcamp.

example is attack, instead of jumping jacks do single leg jacks? combat istaead of scissor/shuffle i step it out... no jump kicks ect?

Back