Restart 22/09/2011

Missyk2010

Hey everyone, I did CD before back in march. I stuck to it for about a month and half and lost a stone and a half. Been off plan for around 3 months and have put a stone back on through binge eating. Really need some help with staying motivated as i'm a stay at home mum and don't have much social interaction. Just returned from 2 weeks all inclusive in Egypt and that is how i have regained my weight lol (not funny really) :s
Starting cd again tomorro and my current weight is 14st 11lbs and i'm 6ft. Looking to lose atleast 2 stone. Any support would be appreciated, especially from ppl with similar goals xx

hi Missy, how are you getting along on your restart? Mine is today, so I hope everything will just align today. I am on my xxxth restart, and have never gotten past the mental barrier of the 200lbs, got quite close (203) then lost the plot - gained some... so now i'm here to get to goal and be through with this mind torture. I am working out too, as last time i did cd, I noticed that my body was "flabby" from the weightloss.

So how are you doing today?

Hi

I'm going to see the consultant tonight and hoping to join tomorrow... i'm going to be somewhere around a similar starting weight to you and hoping to get about 5 stones off. Would really love some support - exited but scared of how tough this will be, really want to use it to address my food issues. Am also hoping to exercise as englightenme said as i'm worried of saggy skin - hoping to speak to cdc about this x

Hi

I'm going to see the consultant tonight and hoping to join tomorrow... i'm going to be somewhere around a similar starting weight to you and hoping to get about 5 stones off. Would really love some support - exited but scared of how tough this will be, really want to use it to address my food issues. Am also hoping to exercise as englightenme said as i'm worried of saggy skin - hoping to speak to cdc about this x

Welcome!! I will gladly give you some support.. is this your first time or are you also a returner? Day 1 is going smoothly, I joined the xmas challenge, just to make sure I keep track of my goal!

Welcome!! I will gladly give you some support.. is this your first time or are you also a returner? Day 1 is going smoothly, I joined the xmas challenge, just to make sure I keep track of my goal!

First time for me. I did something called Herbalife a long time ago, got on ok with it as far as i remember but was having a big meal of an evening... didn't get on with the personal trainer that came with it in the end - hence why i stopped. Since then i've been on one thing or another and now just can't focus on sw or anything similar because i've really lost my way.

Am hoping this will give me the big kick of motivation i need as the numbers will be big, plus i'm hoping it will help to reduce the amount i eat ultimately when i follow through the stages... i don't seem to have a full switch anywhere at the moment :confused:

How have you found it, i take it you've done it before? where are you in your journey? I have about 5-5.5 stones to go all in all i think, although i guess that's something i'll learn as i go. Just want to be rid of the weight to be able to learn how to eat properly again and address my issues going forward - am determined to change this before my kids learn my awful habits.

I'm a bit scared though, i'm scared of how hungry i'm going to be and how everyone's attitudes are going to be, there's such an instant reaction when you mention this isn't there? I'm also exited though - i can't wait to be able to buy "normal" clothes again x

First time for me. I did something called Herbalife a long time ago, got on ok with it as far as i remember but was having a big meal of an evening... didn't get on with the personal trainer that came with it in the end - hence why i stopped. Since then i've been on one thing or another and now just can't focus on sw or anything similar because i've really lost my way.

Am hoping this will give me the big kick of motivation i need as the numbers will be big, plus i'm hoping it will help to reduce the amount i eat ultimately when i follow through the stages... i don't seem to have a full switch anywhere at the moment :confused:

How have you found it, i take it you've done it before? where are you in your journey? I have about 5-5.5 stones to go all in all i think, although i guess that's something i'll learn as i go. Just want to be rid of the weight to be able to learn how to eat properly again and address my issues going forward - am determined to change this before my kids learn my awful habits.

I'm a bit scared though, i'm scared of how hungry i'm going to be and how everyone's attitudes are going to be, there's such an instant reaction when you mention this isn't there? I'm also exited though - i can't wait to be able to buy "normal" clothes again x

Well, just remember, this diet isn't for everyone, it's tough, the first days usually make you feel like crap, but if you push through it - the rewards are great! The pounds just disappear - The key, however, is patience when going up through the steps (something I never have because I always stop RIGHT before a holiday, or some event - then I just never seem to finish and lose the complete plot).
Remember, drink lots of water to flush out the toxins, you may feel like you could eat your own hand right of your arm, but trust me, that feeling goes away within a couple of days... after that I usually battle what I call head hunger (I just want to chew on something, anything!!) - which is why this time I'm doing SS+, otherwise when I exercise, I always end up feeling so hungry, then i'll have a piece of chicken or something, feel bad i "cheated" and a whole negative cycle starts up again.

I'm sure you're going to do great, just try to do it in one round, because the second time around, the magic kinda disappears and the old hands try to work "around" the diet - hence, myself, the eternal restarter!!

Good luck, don't hesitate if you have any questions, this forum is a lifesaver

enlightenme2 said:
Well, just remember, this diet isn't for everyone, it's tough, the first days usually make you feel like crap, but if you push through it - the rewards are great! The pounds just disappear - The key, however, is patience when going up through the steps (something I never have because I always stop RIGHT before a holiday, or some event - then I just never seem to finish and lose the complete plot).
Remember, drink lots of water to flush out the toxins, you may feel like you could eat your own hand right of your arm, but trust me, that feeling goes away within a couple of days... after that I usually battle what I call head hunger (I just want to chew on something, anything!!) - which is why this time I'm doing SS+, otherwise when I exercise, I always end up feeling so hungry, then i'll have a piece of chicken or something, feel bad i "cheated" and a whole negative cycle starts up again.

I'm sure you're going to do great, just try to do it in one round, because the second time around, the magic kinda disappears and the old hands try to work "around" the diet - hence, myself, the eternal restarter!!

Good luck, don't hesitate if you have any questions, this forum is a lifesaver

Thanks. Am just back from my meeting, all stocked up and ready to go. Am still nervous, it's a big thing and I'm well aware it's going to be tough but it's only a week to get through the hardest bit and the reward at the end of it I'm sure will push me through. I weighed in at 15.1. How pants. Heaviest I've been in a long time. She was about the same when she did it though and she looks fab!! I'm going to give it my all told hubby to look after himself for the next week or so, kids already have meals in the freezer :) guess I'll just be trying to keep myself busy on here, ironing, pampering myself etc lol.

Am I right then that you're day one today? How much to you have to lose altogether? We can push each other to the end and right up to being 'normal' again lol x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks. Am just back from my meeting, all stocked up and ready to go. Am still nervous, it's a big thing and I'm well aware it's going to be tough but it's only a week to get through the hardest bit and the reward at the end of it I'm sure will push me through. I weighed in at 15.1. How pants. Heaviest I've been in a long time. She was about the same when she did it though and she looks fab!! I'm going to give it my all told hubby to look after himself for the next week or so, kids already have meals in the freezer :) guess I'll just be trying to keep myself busy on here, ironing, pampering myself etc lol.

Am I right then that you're day one today? How much to you have to lose altogether? We can push each other to the end and right up to being 'normal' again lol x

Well, I'm on day 2 today, I have about 50lbs to lose... I got close to goal once, but lost the map! So it's a restart, haven't had the click in my head yet this time around (people say that on this diet, if the click goes on, you are more likely to stay til the end), but I'm not giving up. I am exercising too this time as the last had me all sorts of flabby... so I'm ready to accept the lower losses as long as I fit back into my winter gear.
Let us know how you are doing today ok? just know the first days (2-3) are the worst - keep telling yourself that! Good luck

I'm on day 8 of my restart and it is easier now I am 'into' it again. I enjoyed being slim before and want to get back there! Good luck and hope you both keep at it too!

What's the click? How has your day 2 been? Nervous for how hard tomorrow will be.

I've been ok so far, tough when I had to cook the kids dinner earlier but ok otherwise. Am getting hungry now but am trying to hold off till about half seven eight so I still feel satisfied for bed. Struggle sleeping when im hungry. Had a vanilla and a strawberry shake today, made both with ice and water and was pleasantly surprised tbh. Am thinking I might try the porridge tonight as it's hopefully a little more filling before bed. My sister is also thinking of joining me on plan. I'm still scared of tomorrow but will get through it. What a hard week or so if I get great results at the end.

My CDC told me not to exercise in the very early stages but that i can perhaps look to add it in in a couple of weeks. Am cautious of the loose skin but she seems confident it will be fine and she's the one in the know i guess. I was glad that she was slim and maintaining though, it's always better when they've been there and done it if that makes sense.

X

Hmm. Wasn't impressed with the porridge x

Yum, I love, love, love love my porridge!! I only eat that and the veggie soup. The porridge I do it in a pan, because, i don't have a microwave and it's just yeech! I heat up my water, add the porridge with cinnamon, and they whip it until it boils... The veggie soup I need because i can't live on sweet stuff, makes me sick.

The click is when your brain switches on and says, "not only can i do this, i will do this" - and from then on, no matter what kind of temptation is in front of you, you just don't give up... it's like a high!

Loose skin depends on heredity, how young you are, how long you've been overweight etc... however, let's not fool ourselves, if we lose the weight and dont exercise a little, it gets all wobbly!

Hope you're day 2 goes well... i think i'd basically be cruising if i didn't have the kids to feed during the week, and hubby on weekends!! but such is life!

Yum, I love, love, love love my porridge!! I only eat that and the veggie soup. The porridge I do it in a pan, because, i don't have a microwave and it's just yeech! I heat up my water, add the porridge with cinnamon, and they whip it until it boils... The veggie soup I need because i can't live on sweet stuff, makes me sick.

The click is when your brain switches on and says, "not only can i do this, i will do this" - and from then on, no matter what kind of temptation is in front of you, you just don't give up... it's like a high!

Loose skin depends on heredity, how young you are, how long you've been overweight etc... however, let's not fool ourselves, if we lose the weight and dont exercise a little, it gets all wobbly!

Hope you're day 2 goes well... i think i'd basically be cruising if i didn't have the kids to feed during the week, and hubby on weekends!! but such is life!

Yeah i think i simply didn't beat the porridge enough and that's where i went wrong.... will try again later in the week. Have a soup with me for today but am trying to drag everything as late as possible so i feel like i've got food in me before bed as i struggle to sleep when i'm hungry.

Yeah - thankfully the nanny feeds the kids and i've told hubby he's got to look after himself for at least the next week whilst i get into the zone. Ended up feeding them though yesterday, forgot the nanny had a half day lol. I stayed strong and did ok though. I'm doing fine at the moment - getting hungry but just keep pumping water down me. Had the butterscotch shake today which was also quite nice although i prefer the vanilla and strawberry at the moment.

Am looking forward now to being a week in, with the hard bit behind me and the good loss to push me on :)

Back