Restart - 5:2 plan diary

LizzieF

Hi guys

I'm starting again from tomorrow, had a pig out day today, mainly through a hangover lol.

I will weigh myself and take my measurements and re-weigh in Friday as this will be my normal WI day.

My fast days will be Tuesdays and Thursday's.

Will log all I eat on here, wish me luck :) any tips and advice will be most welcome :)

Look forward to my journey with you guys x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hiya, which bit you confused about Hun?

Hiya, which bit you confused about Hun?

My normal calorie requirement (ie maintenance weight) is 1520 calories, so my fasting days are supposed to be about 1/5th so 304 calories. So if I take 1520 - 304 = 1216 deficit x 2 days = 2432 which is less than the 3,500 target deficit that the book says. To get the 3500 deficit I'd be in minus numbers?!?! So I guess I'm just not going to be able to lose 1lb per week?

First fast day will be 351 by the time I've had my tea - which is a bit over but other than milk in my tea all in one meal which isn't really how I want to do it.

I really wouldn't worry about the maths - 100 cals here or there will make little difference in the real world and the whole point of 5:2 is not to count and live a little.

So -don't sweat the small stuff. Eat normally on feast days (a family size bar of Galaxy and 2 packets of Chocolate Hob Nobs is not normal BTW). Try to leave it as long as possible between your last meal on a normal day and your first food on a fast day. If you can last until lunch, well done. Dinner, even better.

Fast days - stick to veggies and salads and soups. Become a vegetarian. Do you really need the chicken or salmon steak, or could you just fill up on veg?

Drink plenty - I quaff Pepsi Max in the afternoon and evening. I don't care what "people" say about it being good or bad. It's very low cal and I like it. I'm also losing weight and the scales don't lie.

Stick with it, don't go mad on feast days, if you blow a fast just start again the next day.

Good luck - I'm sure it will work for you.

Thanks mungo Chubb, I was only doing this for the family sized galaxy bar ;)!! I managed until dinner today with no problems - I think I'm going to like this diet!

Hya, why don't you try the 500/2000 for 2 weeks and see how you get on, if u lose carry on if you don't give it a tweak by have less on dd and so on, good luck

Back