Restart post holiday and help will be needed

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Dancing, 12 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Hi everyone, some of you may remember me from last year. Hi to you all and I'll eventually manage to catch up on all the posts of the last month to see how everyone is getting on.

Hope you all managed to get through Christmas without too much ill effect. And congratulations to those of you who managed to remain abstinant.

I've just had a 5 week holiday and had intended to have a few controlled strays from abstinance but largely remain on plan .... ha ha ha. Best laid plans. I've put on 13 lbs in the past 5 weeks. And am telling myself that maybe half of that is glycogen loading so I haven't done too badly.

I'm going to start abstinance again on Monday .... why not right now??? I guess my head isn't in the right space right now. I do intend to lose a minimum of 3 stone which will get me down to 13 stone and approx size 12 (must update my ticker).

I know that returning to my addiction of minimins will help me get through the first few days .... then I need to deal with drinks in a couple of weeks time ... I'm hoping by then I'm back in the strong frame of mind I was before my holiday but will welcome the support that is here.

............ I've also had to change to Cambridge Diet as I've moved .... and I don't like the flavours so that makes it more difficult to approach the restart positively ... maybe I'll look again into finding a LL counsellor in my area

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Dancing,

Welcome back, dont beat yourself up, keep positive and move forward. Good luck on Monday.

Us addicts are all here to help.:grouphugg:

4. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Welcome back Dancing. Sounds like you had a good holiday!!!

Shame you had to switch, I can see how that could upset the apple cart for a moment or two - but you'll do it!!

Good luck!!

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks guys. Hey BlondeLogic .... how are you doing - I see you have finally started. Congratulations on getting to day five with a 3.6kg weight loss!!!

6. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi Dancing, well done for coming straight back to it - you'll lose 13lb in no time. I hope that you find you do like the cambridge packs or that you find yourself a LL counsellor.

Good luck for Monday.

7. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Hi Dancing

It is going great so far, thanks! I must say it was much easier then I expected. Aside from a few very minor headaches in the middle of the night, and feeling low on energy the last two days it's gone swimmingly! (Or should I say slimmingly!!:D)

I had my first pop in last Thursday and the first week weigh in tomorrow....looking forward to that. I was astonded that I had already lost 7 pounds by the pop in! SImply astounded!!

Fortunately for me, I like all the packets except the Toffee.

I really think having the weeks from when I heard about LL to actually starting gave me time to prepare mentally and that helped immensely. That, and having found minimins first was helpful too, gaining some tips and advice from all you experts was good too. Already, it has stirred a few emotions, which I expected - but didn't really think it would be so soon, but yeah - its all good.

So yes - I am in it to win it, committed to the long haul and ready to put up a good fight!

Thanks for asking.

Good to have you back and good luck as you jump back in.....you'll knock off that holiday loss in no time!

x

8. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    welcome back on board dancing, you have been so successful, and you know it will start dropping off again, maybe you can join others in the valentine challenge and have a goal by then to inspire yourself.

good luck

sun xx

9. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

Welcome back and good on you for getting back on it!

10. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Glad you had a good time, and 13lbs is not that bad for a 5 week holiday.
    We are right here for you, whether it be CD or LL.

11. Linze01

Linze01 Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    I was wondering where you had got to! Congratulations for making the decision to jump back on the wagon. You've done a great job so far and you know you can do it! BTW, did you notice that Bravissimo are doing those pyjama tank-tops we were talking about a few months ago? It's like they read our minds! I bought a gorgeous pink one and it is really fantastic - really thick, soft, yet supportive soft bra thingy inside that keeps my girls looking perky! You've got to get one! They are also saying they might do supported nighties as well!
    Great to see you back!
    Linze

12. Linze01

Linze01 Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Just noted my over-use of exclamation marks. I've really got to stop with them.

13. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge

oooh those sound nice! Is Braviissimo a shop or a website?

Thanks!

14. Linze01

Linze01 Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Both - if you live near a big town or city they might have a shop. Go onto Bravissimo | Big Bras, Lingerie, Swimwear and Clothing for big boobed women and look up nightwear. It's a website for women with *ahem* larger boobs! Fantastic bras and swimwear too, but the swimwear often doesn't go to a larger size. This is the first year I will be able to buy a swimming costume from them!

15. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks Linze01, I'll take a look at the website and order now. Great they may do nighties too! (I always use exclamation marks too)

16. Lil K

Lil K Addicted to Minimins

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.3%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hi Dancing :wavey:

I trust you had a good holiday, nice to see you back on the boards. I was wondering where you'd got to, then I looked back over some old posts and realised you'd gone to NZ - I've got a brain like a sieve!

Well done to you for taking the bull by the horns and getting back into the dieting groove - that 13lbs will be off before you know it, with plenty of it in the first week, cos of glycogen stores.

Hope you get used to the CD flavours (at least until you locate another LL councillor)

Good luck xx

17. peanut

peanut Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Hey Dancing!

I've missed you! Great to see you back on the boards.

As im picking up this thread late - I just want to say - get back on it, you know you can do this and use us all for support while you get back in the swing of things.

Look forwared to seeing you around minis xx
    Big hug p X

18. Daisydee

Daisydee FAT CELLS HAVE MEMORY!!!

Hi Dancin

Very glad that you had a good holiday and funnily I am thinking of mobing from LL to CD. I do quite like my counsellor but I don't get too much out of the meetings and I think that the £66 is rather a lot of money for a weigh and go. Going to decide this week.

I will check in to see how you are getting on and good luck.

Daisydee x:party0011:

19. Zomble

Zomble Full Member

Hello Dancing - great to have you back! I hope you had a wonderful holiday. So, you gained some weight, but life is like that, and I'm sure you can lose it the way you plan to.

Keep posting!

20. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

hi peanut - good to see you have been going strong while I've been away. Congratulations on your losses
    good luck daisydee
    Zomble - yep, I ended up putting more weight on than I realised. I was weighing myself and the scales were being kind to me. I might have had more control if they had told me the truth! Oh well, back into it tomorrow and I should be back where I was pre holiday within two weeks.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.