restart post-holiday - help will be needed

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dancing, 12 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Hi everyone, some of you may remember me from last year. Hi to you all and I'll eventually manage to catch up on all the posts of the last month to see how everyone is getting on.

Hope you all managed to get through Christmas without too much ill effect. And congratulations to those of you who managed to remain abstinant.

I've just had a 5 week holiday and had intended to have a few controlled strays from abstinance but largely remain on plan .... ha ha ha. Best laid plans. I've put on 13 lbs in the past 5 weeks. And am telling myself that maybe half of that is glycogen loading so I haven't done too badly.

I'm going to start abstinance again on Monday .... why not right now??? I guess my head isn't in the right space right now. I do intend to lose a minimum of 3 stone which will get me down to 13 stone and approx size 12 (must update my ticker).

I know that returning to my addiction of minimins will help me get through the first few days .... then I need to deal with drinks in a couple of weeks time ... I'm hoping by then I'm back in the strong frame of mind I was before my holiday but will welcome the support that is here.

............ I've also had to change to Cambridge Diet as I've moved .... and I don't like the flavours so that makes it more difficult to approach the restart positively ... maybe I'll look again into finding a LL counsellor in my area

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    WOW

I just looked down your losses - you've done fab... I expect in less than a fortnight you'll have shifted that +13lbs! x
    Oh & welcome back xxx

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks Time4me ... that is just what I need to help me get back in the zone ... you are right, based on past losses, I can expect to undo the holiday gain in two weeks. Thanks for the feedback, you have just moved me up a couple of steps on the ladder toward success.

5. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Welcome back hun, hope you had a good holiday! 13lbs tis nowt will be gone in the blink of an eye!!

Good to have you back.

Gx

6. Bobbin

Bobbin Needs a flattering photo

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am addicted to this site too, and I hope it give you the support to get back into it.
    Just reading how much everyone has lost and seeing the pics has given me a real boost
    I used to do WW, but was always too afraid to speak up in the meetings. Being on here has given me more support in the past week than I ever felt there, and I hope it does for you too.

7. missymoo

missymoo Fed up of being fat

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Dancing, welcome back. You will have that weight off in no time.

8. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Welcome back dancing! Bah, 13lbs for a 5 week holiday? i say thats brilliant! better than i would have done anyway!!!
    It'll be gone in no time, and give CD a chance missus ;)

Lurve ya xxx

9. k-nine

k-nine Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Diets online
    Hi Dancing
    Welcome back Dancing. Perhaps we can help one another restart. I put only 2lbs on over Christmas and immediately lost one of them. Then I sort of nose dived. On Friday I sprained my ankle and I have eaten for England in the last couple of days. I don't sit around and do nothing very well! So, I have put on another 2lbs and I feel bloomin fed up with myself. Don't know how I'm going to get back into it. Kick up the backside required please!!

How are you getting on this morning?

k9
    x

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Hi there,

you are so close to your goal. Think of how quickly you will get there if you remain on plan from today. So, yes, let's do it together.

I'm actually very hungry but it is my own fault as I blitzed on carbs yesterday having drunk quite alot of wine the night before (a scary amount) so I now have that terrible gnawing feeling that needs carbs to help battle it. However, my body won't be getting any today. I've drunk 2l of water already and had half a shake so far. I'm being weighed in an hour so won't drink anymore until after that.

I will ask my CDC to measure me too so that I have a total restart today.

I'm a little tired too - jet lag has totally messed me up and I keep having a couple of hours sleep and then getting up for a couple of hours. I start work at 4pm this afternoon and work through to midnight, so I may have to have a wee nap after my weigh in. I don't want to give myself negative messages however I feel this may be a difficult couple of days.

Good luck with yours! You can do it, you are doing it. Let me know how you get on later today.

11. k-nine

k-nine Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Diets online
    Okay Dancing - good luck for the rest of the day. Know what you mean about the drink. It's probably more of a problem for me than food as I do love my chardonnay!!! Speak to you later.
    k9
    x

12. rade

rade try, try & try some more!

Welcome back Dancing!!

Glad you had good hols, i did the same and don't regret it one iota!! :D

Good luck in getting rocking and rolling again!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.