Restarting SW...AGAIN!!

Squiggle82

I'm looking for some motivation to start SW again. Brief background- started at SW group about 3 years ago. Went for 3 months, lost weight, then for some reason stopped going and put the weight back on. Then didn't go back (or stick to plan) for nearly a year. Pretty much the same pattern happened on my second attempt. Last year I decided to do SW on my own and lost 2 stone in 10 weeks, in time for my holiday:D Even on hols I did well and only put on 1lb when I got back. But then I turned to my bad habits again, and needless to say have put it all back on.

When I am on plan I eat loads and don't feel deprived of anything, and I feel so much better, so I dont understand why I just dont do it!!

We have been planning another holiday in September and I worked out that I could lose 2+ stone by then. The hol should be a great motivation for me but for some reason its not. I started back on plan 3 weeks ago- stuck to it for a week and felt great (lost 2.5kg), then my pattern continued again and I have been on/off plan on a daily basis since then.

If I don't get back on plan and end up the way I am for my hols I wont enjoy the holiday and will likely not go at all. I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences and finally found a reason/motivation to stick to plan and stop going back/forth.

Thanks for reading :)

Hi , i know what you mean! I am a repeat offender of falling of the wagon with sw, i have lost count how many times i have rejoined- then decided to do it at home? This time around me & a friend are having weekly weigh ins at home & putting the money away for a treat, it has given us more of an incentive- i hated hoinh to group i found if very clicky & the leader had her favourites! Thank god for this forum ! The advice & support is amazing & there is always someone at hand for help. Now instead of grovelling for advice one a week- its there all the time - sooo thanks everybody cos this time around i feel i am part of something. Come on squiggle82 you can do it here!

Squiggle82 said:
I'm looking for some motivation to start SW again. Brief background- started at SW group about 3 years ago. Went for 3 months, lost weight, then for some reason stopped going and put the weight back on. Then didn't go back (or stick to plan) for nearly a year. Pretty much the same pattern happened on my second attempt. Last year I decided to do SW on my own and lost 2 stone in 10 weeks, in time for my holiday:D Even on hols I did well and only put on 1lb when I got back. But then I turned to my bad habits again, and needless to say have put it all back on.

When I am on plan I eat loads and don't feel deprived of anything, and I feel so much better, so I dont understand why I just dont do it!!

We have been planning another holiday in September and I worked out that I could lose 2+ stone by then. The hol should be a great motivation for me but for some reason its not. I started back on plan 3 weeks ago- stuck to it for a week and felt great (lost 2.5kg), then my pattern continued again and I have been on/off plan on a daily basis since then.

If I don't get back on plan and end up the way I am for my hols I wont enjoy the holiday and will likely not go at all. I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences and finally found a reason/motivation to stick to plan and stop going back/forth.

Thanks for reading :)

I find browsing this forum and reading the posts really motivates me. You can do it :) x

I am exactly the same, even after being told by the hospital to loose weight because i have the right knee of an old lady ,i am still half hearted.
I feel really yuk , so like you i dont know why i dont stick to it!!!!
Good luck to us all :)

Thanks for your encouragement everyone! I agree that reading posts on this forum is great motivation. here's hoping it will do the trick!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! This is attempt number 4 or 5, can't remember! Am joining again tonight, busy eating anything nice today so that i don't have anything to tempt me tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Good luck, i have spent the day cooking different sw recipes- i hot fed up with the same old meals every week , so far have cooked a batch of sun free onion chutney - very impressed & have got chinese diet coke chicken in the oven , now thinkinl of knovking out a lemon 1/2 syn roulade - here's to sw !!

Hello,

Im new to minimins too, and a SW restarter too so thought id say hi!

HI!

I'm doing Slimming World but started in November and lost a stone by march, Unfortunately iv but a little back on after falling off the wagon. However im now fully back and determined to shift this st by sept in time to be maid of honour at my best friends wedding.

Hope your well,

FunkyCherry

Hi funckycherry,
Lets hope we all have a good start, my OH moans at the thought of another sw meal, so with the help of all the support & good recipes my mission is to convert him aswell, i think he would leave me if i tried to feed him yet another sw quiche, or quorn disquised as something lol! Sooo my mission is to seek out lots of delicious recipes that i can fool him with - he has a suspicious mind!

Hi funckycherry,
Lets hope we all have a good start, my OH moans at the thought of another sw meal, so with the help of all the support & good recipes my mission is to convert him aswell, i think he would leave me if i tried to feed him yet another sw quiche, or quorn disquised as something lol! Sooo my mission is to seek out lots of delicious recipes that i can fool him with - he has a suspicious mind!

Hello Juliebags

Im lucky my OH likes quorn and im a veggie so SW is not too much of a challenge when it comes to cooking meals. It is a challenges' when it comes to cheese and cakes however:).

Cherry X

Well so far so good, i made a batch of bombay bhajee's - got the recipe off here & hubby reckons better than any shop bought!! This is a miracle, oooh what to cook next!

Its in the recipe section, on shrinking mums cookbook, sorry i am a techno phobe , & can only just manage to create a post lol ! But if you search bombay bhargee, or shrinking mum you'll find it !! This is what i used:

Can asda chickeal dahl
Boiled potatoes
Oinions thinly sliced
Peas
Baking powder
Curry powder, cumin, minced ginger& garlic, s&p
Egg

Crushed the potatoes/chickpea dahl & mix in the rest of the ingredients - spoon on to baling try spray with frylight , turn after 10/15 mins & spray again cook until brown & crispy - hmmmmm! I served mine with tzatziki & cucumber, tomato& onion salsa!! Sorry long winded, x

Back