RESTAURANTS

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by sascha, 3 June 2007 Social URL.

1. sascha

sascha Full Member

Hi

I have a number of social engagements that are - unfortunately - unavoidable. Desperate to stay on SS for the June challenge though.

How do you all get around eating out? I mean it's fine with loved ones and close friends who know what you're doing. but SSing with strangers present... kind of worried. So exhausting with everyone trying to make me eat! Would love to know everyone elses tactics!!

Thanks

Sascha

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs Pink

Mrs Pink Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I just say to the waitress "I'm not eating thanks"! People who know will say nothing and anyone else tell them you have just had a big lunch - or else that you are going out for a family members birthday meal later!

4. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    tell them youve got a bit of a dodgy tummy so not eating but still came as you didnt want to let anybody down :D

5. sascha

sascha Full Member

Mandy, Mrs Pink, you're geniuses. Feeling better about it now! I can deal with not eating - but the people I'm with find it harder it seems

Sascha

6. arcticmonkeys

arcticmonkeys Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hey Sascha,

Hard situation isn't it? I think most people have to tell little white lies to get out of these situations I've certainly had to. Even my close friends find it VERY hard/impossible to understand why I can't even have a strawberry! I've pulled a few sickies from not going out, and also told the truth and to be perfectly honest I found telling the truth a lot easier. "I don't want to because I'm doing a strict diet and I will make up for it when I'm slim".

But then again I have also gone out with a friend and sat there whilst she had a yummy looking dinner, she helped disguise the fact she was eating though which made it easier. Had a few dodge looks from the waitresses but who cares what they think! I just kept telling myself it will all be worth it in the end and thats the best advice I can give to be honest, the quicker we shift the lbs the quicker we can get back to normality (in moderation of course!!)

Keep up the good work :)

7. bigal6

bigal6 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    My solution was to be honest...I am on a strict diet... I have lost X stones and all I require is a large bottle of water.....just make sure it isn't vegetarian...worked every time

Alex

8. sascha

sascha Full Member

Thanks for the words of wisdom. My sister said the white lies I was planning on using reminded her of the tactics her anorexic friend used to employ!

I'll play it by ear and I guess it'll depend on who I'm with - friends or strangers. Thanks for all the advice!

xxxSascha

9. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Completely different to anorexia, you aren't really hiding what you are doing you just don't want to have to justify it!

Personally I would shout loud and proud that you are losing weight and doing a great job so bring on the water and then tell them how bloody marvellous the diet is and all about it!

M.

10. Mrs Pink

Mrs Pink Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I hear what you're saying Icemoose but a lot of the time I just can't be bothered justifying and explaining the diet and arguing with people who insist "It must be bad for you" and "You'll only put it back on as soon as you come off it" etc etc ad nauseam. Sometimes its easier just to tell a porkie!

11. Ceri

Ceri Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    I'd lie!!!
    Not that I'm a liar but if you're out and you're forced to tell people that you're on a diet they do just go on and on...just this once won't hurt......oooo you'll make yourself ill!!! All that rubbish.
    I also find that when I ell people I'm on a diet they start looking me up and down and asking...how long? How much lost? How much to go? For someone like me who has done their best to avoid any attention to their weight it's a nightmare!
    Lie, you'll be left alone then!
    Ceri

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.