RESTAURANTS

sascha

Hi

I have a number of social engagements that are - unfortunately - unavoidable. Desperate to stay on SS for the June challenge though.

How do you all get around eating out? I mean it's fine with loved ones and close friends who know what you're doing. but SSing with strangers present... kind of worried. So exhausting with everyone trying to make me eat! Would love to know everyone elses tactics!!

Thanks

Sascha

I just say to the waitress "I'm not eating thanks"! People who know will say nothing and anyone else tell them you have just had a big lunch - or else that you are going out for a family members birthday meal later!

Mandy, Mrs Pink, you're geniuses. Feeling better about it now! I can deal with not eating - but the people I'm with find it harder it seems

Sascha

Hey Sascha,

Hard situation isn't it? I think most people have to tell little white lies to get out of these situations I've certainly had to. Even my close friends find it VERY hard/impossible to understand why I can't even have a strawberry! I've pulled a few sickies from not going out, and also told the truth and to be perfectly honest I found telling the truth a lot easier. "I don't want to because I'm doing a strict diet and I will make up for it when I'm slim".

But then again I have also gone out with a friend and sat there whilst she had a yummy looking dinner, she helped disguise the fact she was eating though which made it easier. Had a few dodge looks from the waitresses but who cares what they think! I just kept telling myself it will all be worth it in the end and thats the best advice I can give to be honest, the quicker we shift the lbs the quicker we can get back to normality (in moderation of course!!)

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks for the words of wisdom. My sister said the white lies I was planning on using reminded her of the tactics her anorexic friend used to employ!

I'll play it by ear and I guess it'll depend on who I'm with - friends or strangers. Thanks for all the advice!

xxxSascha

Thanks for the words of wisdom. My sister said the white lies I was planning on using reminded her of the tactics her anorexic friend used to employ!

I'll play it by ear and I guess it'll depend on who I'm with - friends or strangers. Thanks for all the advice!

xxxSascha

Completely different to anorexia, you aren't really hiding what you are doing you just don't want to have to justify it!

Personally I would shout loud and proud that you are losing weight and doing a great job so bring on the water and then tell them how bloody marvellous the diet is and all about it!

M.

I hear what you're saying Icemoose but a lot of the time I just can't be bothered justifying and explaining the diet and arguing with people who insist "It must be bad for you" and "You'll only put it back on as soon as you come off it" etc etc ad nauseam. Sometimes its easier just to tell a porkie!

I'd lie!!!
Not that I'm a liar but if you're out and you're forced to tell people that you're on a diet they do just go on and on...just this once won't hurt......oooo you'll make yourself ill!!! All that rubbish.
I also find that when I ell people I'm on a diet they start looking me up and down and asking...how long? How much lost? How much to go? For someone like me who has done their best to avoid any attention to their weight it's a nightmare!
Lie, you'll be left alone then!
Ceri

Back