returning to atkins .. help and support and mid diet crisis tips :D

hunni17

hey guys im aiming to lose 50lbs by my wedding but 100lbs overall, so any tips advice or general support would be so welcomed! this is my 3rd time to do the atkins, the first i did well it was many years ago and the 2nd time i did ok so im going to try again but this time i need to make it my life style change. unfortuntly i am one of them silly people who dont eat veg :S i only like fruit so i need some good meal ideas that dont take long to prepare.
hope you all can help me
xxx

Good luck with coming back to atkins:). Cant help much on menu as i actually call and do atkins as a high veg diet;)

I'm not a huge fan of the green leafy stuff myself, however, don't forget on Atkins we can make veg more palatable with fat - love me some broccoli slathered in butter! :D

I try to eat something green every day, but gotta admit that I tend to concentrate on the veg that will get me to my daily 12-15 veg carb target the quickest: tomatoes, onions and red peppers are on the menu a fair bit :cool:

But honestly, if you can't find a way to eat some veg, you're going to struggle with this diet. I don't know if the foundation vegetables list from the latest book is on this site, but I know it contains more than 50 items, so that's quite a lot of options. You could try preparing them in different ways - steaming, roasting, frying/stir-frying are all good, and maybe you would like some of them then? For myself, I never liked cabbage when I was younger - ghastly memories of watery, over-boiled school cabbage :( - but stir-fried or lightly steamed then buttered it's a totally different food, and I can now eat it quite happily.

Anyway, good luck! Hope you find a way to make this work for you :)

thank you! i just cant bring myself to eat it ...i keep buying lettuce but it just sits in the fridge lol the only thing i will eat is cucumber just will have to figure out away around it :S

I can't eat veg either...onions, tomatoes and mixed peppers are about my limit, but I manage OK.
Beansprouts are just tolerable in a stir fry, and once past induction, I add a few berries.
It may not be the ideal way...but it's the best way of eating for me that I have ever found....and I have tried plenty!!

Well done on the loss I too am returning to Atkins after a while away as need to sort my cravings out again (am deffo a confirmed Carb Addict!!) I have about 40 lbs now to go to get to my goal weight and I really wanna be close to it this summer xxxx

and PS try to find 'interesting' ways to up your veggie intake - Broccolli or cauliflower cheese, Stuffed Mushrooms make with cream cheese etc etc etc there are lots of ways u can make a salad much more interesting on Atkins too crispy bacon, cheese, eggs, tuna! xxx

I too am a carb addict, is there Amy veg you do actually like?

Back