Rewarding yourself for losing weight?

I've got a great deal of weight to lose and my mum has suggested I reward myself as I lose, maybe every half a stone. I really like the idea but I don't have any idea what to reward myself with and I wondered if anyone had any ideas. Obviously food is out of the question, and I don't have much spare money so that limits things a bit.

I thought the weMITTs would be the best ones to help me :)

What about little treats like nail varnish, manicure, Taking a half day out on your own to relax away from kids or family ,

The thing I like to do is get rid of the OH from the house and have a wee relaxing spa in the house .... Bath, face mask , scrub' tan' nails, and relax with a nice book or film . It's only a few hours but bliss and a treat as I don't often get the chance to do it xxx

I really like that idea, thank you! I've even got a foot spa somewhere, gathering dust so I'll dig that out too :)

A massive well done on your weight loss Amythyst. You've done amazingly in such a short time.

Last edited:
travelswithafatgirl said:
I really like that idea, thank you! I've even got a foot spa somewhere, gathering dust so I'll dig that out too :)

Amassive well done on your weight loss Amythyst. You've done amazingly in such a short time.

Awwww thanks hun ! It's not easy is it .... But that's why you need to have a wee treat !good luck and enjoy xxxx

I know a lady who posts on this forum buys herself a new nail polish for every mini goal she reaches! :D I treated myself to a new hair style and colour for reaching my 3 1/2 stone award. xx

I don't do it so much now but in the beginning every time I fancied a chocolate bar or crisps or things like that and said no to them I would put the equivalent cost away in a purse to spend on rewards when the half stone marks arrived.

My mam was just talking about this kind of thing earlier, the book she's reading at the moment is about a girl going to 'FatBusters' and she buys herself a charm bracelet and then every time she loses a stone she gets herself a new charm - I thought it was a lovely idea, and good as a reminder of how well you're doing since you're carrying it around.

My mam was just talking about this kind of thing earlier, the book she's reading at the moment is about a girl going to 'FatBusters' and she buys herself a charm bracelet and then every time she loses a stone she gets herself a new charm - I thought it was a lovely idea, and good as a reminder of how well you're doing since you're carrying it around.
I LOVE this idea

i love the idea but with the weight i need to lose i will be dragging along the road lol lol no i really do like it and if i do it for every stone i lose i can look at it and if i ever get the urge i can count them and think do you want to be taking them of instead of putting them on very good idea going to think about this one

chezz said:
i love the idea but with the weight i need to lose i will be dragging along the road lol lol no i really do like it and if i do it for every stone i lose i can look at it and if i ever get the urge i can count them and think do you want to be taking them of instead of putting them on very good idea going to think about this one
I've just thought of something else I might do, it won't be rewarding yourself as you go but at the end. For every pound (lb) you lose, save a pound (£) or euro in my case. Then when you reach goal you can treat yourself to that gorgeous dress, massage etc that you will really have earned. And you won't be out of pocket because you're saving as you go. Just a thought, I'm thinking out loud really, hope I haven't brought your thread off topic!

sparkie yes thats a great idea and like you said your not out of pocket neither

xxchezzxx

Back