Rewards for being a good girl!

HelzBelz

I'm fairly new to the whole world of minimins so apologies if I've posted in the wrong section!

What it is I'm 3 weigh in's into my slimming world journey (my 4th is tonight) and I've lost 13.5lbs so hoping I get my stone sticker tonight but I'd like to reward myself when I lose set amounts of weight eg half a stone, a stone, get my club 10 etc etc but I have no idea what to do? Obviously not food related and its not feasible for it to be clothes related (well not just yet - maybe when I've lost a bit more ;) ) A friend suggested maybe make up or nail varnish or something but I'm not a huge make up gal (although nail varnish might be an idea) and I also don't really want to spend loads on it but just a nice little treat to myself when I've done well. It was actually my OH who suggested this so maybe he'll be the one buying me my treats ;) hehe (well a girl can dream right?!)

Any suggestions greatly received :)

I don't know if this is possible for you but how about something like for every 1lb you lose, put £1 in to a tin and when you get to target buy yourself something out of the money you've saved up (sorry that its not very relevant) I wish I had thought of this when I first started and depending on how much you want to lose it could soon add up :)

Edit: if I had done this when I first started I could have had £50+ by now :p

Whenever I've done something like this I've treat myself to fabric for sewing or other craft materials. If you're into anything like that maybe accessories or even A trip to the cinema or bowling

I don't know if this is possible for you but how about something like for every 1lb you lose, put £1 in to a tin and when you get to target buy yourself something out of the money you've saved up (sorry that its not very relevant) I wish I had thought of this when I first started and depending on how much you want to lose it could soon add up :)

Edit: if I had done this when I first started I could have had £50+ by now :p

Congrats on your weight loss :) I'm doing the pebbles in a jar every time I lose a lb as sadly I can't afford £1 for each lb especially with the amount I have to lose!! haha

Sometimes I just treat myself to something small and silly like a magazine or a £1 ebook.

Ooohh now ebooks might be an idea - I could make a list of the ones I can't get for free that I want and treat myself for every stone or something, I like this one :)

Whenever I've done something like this I've treat myself to fabric for sewing or other craft materials. If you're into anything like that maybe accessories or even A trip to the cinema or bowling

Unfortunately I don't have time for hobbies :( (an 8 yr old, working and attempting to complete my Maths degree put paid to that! lol) but a bowling trip might be something fun to do - theres gotta be some body magic in there too right?? :D

What about.....a new book? (Or 2nd hand)

Buy all the ingredients to try a recipe (sw friendly) you want to try.

Sometimes I don't try recipes as there too expensive

Oohh kindle wish list! Good idea. I do this rewards but with vinyl records, I'm a big collector and treat myself every now and then :) is a nice non-food treat...although ebooks are much cheaper and now summer is coming I need to save money so I might switch to this, great ideas guys :)

Just back from group and lost another lb this week so thats my 1st stone sticker :)

Loving the idea of a kindle wish list - or possibly buying some of the sw recipe books and then spending the next few weeks trying out lots of lovely recipes! lol

i do the £1 per 1lb but i'm not touching it till i get to goal :p

if you can't afford £1 everytime, get some paper and write treats on it.. a sleep in, extra long soak in bath, a new book etc.. and when you lose 1 or 2 lbs, take a treat out of the jar and do it.. the selection will be totally random and you'll never know what you will get, so a nice suprise and something you would like ;)

I treat myself for every sticker and try to limit myself to a maximum £5 budget. I bought myself a new garlic press for my first 1/2 stone (SO rock and roll!) Saved up a few rewards for a new coat and saved a couple of rewards for a slow cooker. Whilst keeping my food diary, I keep a note of how many days I've been doing SW, so every 100 days myself and the Husband go out together for either a meal, the cinema etc. Don't forget, partners, husbands, wives and families are doing this WITH US and they deserve the occasional treat too!

i do the £1 per 1lb but i'm not touching it till i get to goal :p

if you can't afford £1 everytime, get some paper and write treats on it.. a sleep in, extra long soak in bath, a new book etc.. and when you lose 1 or 2 lbs, take a treat out of the jar and do it.. the selection will be totally random and you'll never know what you will get, so a nice suprise and something you would like ;)

Ohhh I like this idea too just need to think of a load of ideas to put on bits of paper

Back