• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Rewards for being a good girl!

S: 25st7.5lb C: 21st0.5lb G: 20st0lb BMI: 43.5 Loss: 4st7lb(17.62%)
I'm fairly new to the whole world of minimins so apologies if I've posted in the wrong section!

What it is I'm 3 weigh in's into my slimming world journey (my 4th is tonight) and I've lost 13.5lbs so hoping I get my stone sticker tonight but I'd like to reward myself when I lose set amounts of weight eg half a stone, a stone, get my club 10 etc etc but I have no idea what to do? Obviously not food related and its not feasible for it to be clothes related (well not just yet - maybe when I've lost a bit more ;) ) A friend suggested maybe make up or nail varnish or something but I'm not a huge make up gal (although nail varnish might be an idea) and I also don't really want to spend loads on it but just a nice little treat to myself when I've done well. It was actually my OH who suggested this so maybe he'll be the one buying me my treats ;) hehe (well a girl can dream right?!)

Any suggestions greatly received :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

sparx

Shiny sticker monster
S: 12st13lb C: 9st7.0lb G: 9st5lb BMI: 22.8 Loss: 3st6lb(26.52%)
I don't know if this is possible for you but how about something like for every 1lb you lose, put £1 in to a tin and when you get to target buy yourself something out of the money you've saved up (sorry that its not very relevant) I wish I had thought of this when I first started and depending on how much you want to lose it could soon add up :)

Edit: if I had done this when I first started I could have had £50+ by now :p

S: 14st2.0lb C: 13st10.0lb G: 10st8.0lb BMI: 29.2 Loss: 0st6lb(3.03%)
Whenever I've done something like this I've treat myself to fabric for sewing or other craft materials. If you're into anything like that maybe accessories or even A trip to the cinema or bowling

I don't know if this is possible for you but how about something like for every 1lb you lose, put £1 in to a tin and when you get to target buy yourself something out of the money you've saved up (sorry that its not very relevant) I wish I had thought of this when I first started and depending on how much you want to lose it could soon add up :)

Edit: if I had done this when I first started I could have had £50+ by now :p
Congrats on your weight loss :) I'm doing the pebbles in a jar every time I lose a lb as sadly I can't afford £1 for each lb especially with the amount I have to lose!! haha

Sometimes I just treat myself to something small and silly like a magazine or a £1 ebook.

Ooohh now ebooks might be an idea - I could make a list of the ones I can't get for free that I want and treat myself for every stone or something, I like this one :)

Whenever I've done something like this I've treat myself to fabric for sewing or other craft materials. If you're into anything like that maybe accessories or even A trip to the cinema or bowling

Unfortunately I don't have time for hobbies :( (an 8 yr old, working and attempting to complete my Maths degree put paid to that! lol) but a bowling trip might be something fun to do - theres gotta be some body magic in there too right?? :D

Slim

S: 16st3lb C: 16st2lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 33.4 Loss: 0st1lb(0.44%)
What about.....a new book? (Or 2nd hand)

Buy all the ingredients to try a recipe (sw friendly) you want to try.

Sometimes I don't try recipes as there too expensive

S: 16st0lb C: 13st0lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 28.5 Loss: 3st0lb(18.75%)
Oohh kindle wish list! Good idea. I do this rewards but with vinyl records, I'm a big collector and treat myself every now and then :) is a nice non-food treat...although ebooks are much cheaper and now summer is coming I need to save money so I might switch to this, great ideas guys :)

Just back from group and lost another lb this week so thats my 1st stone sticker :)

Loving the idea of a kindle wish list - or possibly buying some of the sw recipe books and then spending the next few weeks trying out lots of lovely recipes! lol

Malc-D

One day at a time
S: 25st10lb C: 15st5lb BMI: 30 Loss: 10st5lb(40.28%)
i do the £1 per 1lb but i'm not touching it till i get to goal :p

if you can't afford £1 everytime, get some paper and write treats on it.. a sleep in, extra long soak in bath, a new book etc.. and when you lose 1 or 2 lbs, take a treat out of the jar and do it.. the selection will be totally random and you'll never know what you will get, so a nice suprise and something you would like ;)

I treat myself for every sticker and try to limit myself to a maximum £5 budget. I bought myself a new garlic press for my first 1/2 stone (SO rock and roll!) Saved up a few rewards for a new coat and saved a couple of rewards for a slow cooker. Whilst keeping my food diary, I keep a note of how many days I've been doing SW, so every 100 days myself and the Husband go out together for either a meal, the cinema etc. Don't forget, partners, husbands, wives and families are doing this WITH US and they deserve the occasional treat too!

i do the £1 per 1lb but i'm not touching it till i get to goal :p

if you can't afford £1 everytime, get some paper and write treats on it.. a sleep in, extra long soak in bath, a new book etc.. and when you lose 1 or 2 lbs, take a treat out of the jar and do it.. the selection will be totally random and you'll never know what you will get, so a nice suprise and something you would like ;)
Ohhh I like this idea too just need to think of a load of ideas to put on bits of paper

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Weight Loss Discussion 13
Slimming World 12
Slimming World 10
Exante 24
Slimming World 4