rewards?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by nettie, 17 May 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi ladies,
    I just wondered if/how you reward or treat yourselves when achieving weight losses?
    I have a money box, one of those you cant get in without using a tin opener, and it says on the top 1lb lost is £1 gained and for every lb I lose I put the equivelant to that in money in, that will then be used to buy new clothes when the time comes... can't wait for it to start filling up :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    I do the same but save £5 for every pound lost (I don't go to group so save money there). I'm going to buy a new wardrobe when I hit target. Can't wait!

4. montymoomoo

montymoomoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.08%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Oooo like this idea, especially the 'buying new clothes' bit!

5. Briar

Briar Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Might do something like that myself!
    Was only panicking yesterday about how i'll afford a new wardrobe once I hit target!
    Awesome!

6. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't go to group due to having to pay £5 or whatever it is these days and I know I would spend extra on magazines, books, hifi bars etc which would soon add up. I think it's quite unlikely that I will ever lose more than 5lb in a week so I'm not gonna save a fortune but its something to look forward to when my tin starts to get heavier and I get lighter

7. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    crikey... bet you have saved loads doing that. Here's to shopping and new wardrobes :D

8. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love shopping soooo much, probably too much in all honesty and can't wait to buy clothes out of the section for everyone and not just plus size! :D

9. Potatogirl

Potatogirl There is only now

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    19st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I reach my first target I'm going to have a trendy new do. My hair is an utter SHOCK at the minute and I know it sounds weird but I don't want to spend money on myself until I've achieved it.

I'm thinking I want a fringe......Never had one since I was 16 and I'm 38 now....twill be strange...:queen:check it out!!!

10. kim63

kim63 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(19.39%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Fiddlesticks.....I really wish I'd thought of putting £5 away every time I lost a pound in weight......I would have £140 to spend on new clothes by now. Would be quite handy as I have virtually no clothes that fit me now as they're all too big!!! Not complaining tho, will just have to work more hours to buy a new wardrobe!!! Or DH did say he would give me £500 once I got to target, but he's just bought us new road bikes & hasn't got any money left!!!

11. Butt3rb34n

Butt3rb34n Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I put all my Christmas and birthday money in a pot a long with a 5er here and there. Opened it up today see if I had enough for a rugby shirt and have over £350 can't wait to get to Target now so I can have clothes which actually fit.

12. AJB

AJB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I put £5 away for every pound lost - so every half a stone I buy myself a charm for my Links of London bracelet - think I'll get a cupcake one next time to remind me to stop scoffing :D

13. ladybelle

ladybelle Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.65%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was thinking of something along the lines of saving money /buying a charm; OH had said that he will buy a charm for every 1/2st off (my weight loss is slow) but has he says I now have to decide on what to go for as I have a slight charm obsession! Links of London or Thomas Sabo? Eek.
    As my weight loss has been slow I am giving myself mini rewards for losses; it's turning out to be a new nail varnish for each loss :-s again, somewhat of an obsession.

Well done everyone on all your losses and let's keep getting those rewards! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

14. Less of me

Less of me Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    These ideas sound great. Just one problem at the moment, I'm on maternity leave and any money I have I'm using on class and Zumba. Maybe I can catch up when I go back to work in October?
    Saying that I don't think I'd go mad with a new wardrobe as I'd like to get pregnant again, not for a while as I want to shift the weight first.
    Maybe I can make a piggy bank with IOUs

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

15. dirtydancing

dirtydancing Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.28%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    were did you buy your tin from, i would love one that i cant open until i reach target.

16. nc1967

nc1967 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(8.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have kept a tally of everything I have spent going to group, so when I don't feel motivated, I look at what I have already spent - and that spur's me on.
    I also like the idea of saving towards new clothes, at the moment I won't even go and look at anything, so hopefully when I do i can buy a size smaller

17. Bige

Bige Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Not sure if I'm allowed to answer, as not being a lady (few men here you know) But every £ I lose I put £5 in the photo Jar. I HATE all the photos of me but when I get to target I want to get a family portrait done of me, my better half and the 3 kids..

18. dirtydancing

dirtydancing Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.28%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    great idea.

19. Tracybubbles

Tracybubbles Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.13%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    In sure Iv seen those money tins in most pound shops.

20. *Theresa*

*Theresa* Full Member

Course you're allowed to answer...male or female we all have relatively the same issues with the odd minor tweak but what it boils down to is liking/not liking how you look and feeling good about yourself ;)

21. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    swit swoo! I'm sure you'll look great! I usually buy a new item of clothing every week.... shopping addict! I'm not even interested in buying new clothes at the moment.... moved onto bags and shoes lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.