Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

rewards?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by nettie, 17 May 2011 Social URL.

1. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi ladies,
    I just wondered if/how you reward or treat yourselves when achieving weight losses?
    I have a money box, one of those you cant get in without using a tin opener, and it says on the top 1lb lost is £1 gained and for every lb I lose I put the equivelant to that in money in, that will then be used to buy new clothes when the time comes... can't wait for it to start filling up :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    I do the same but save £5 for every pound lost (I don't go to group so save money there). I'm going to buy a new wardrobe when I hit target. Can't wait!

4. montymoomoo

montymoomoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.08%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Oooo like this idea, especially the 'buying new clothes' bit!

5. Briar

Briar Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Might do something like that myself!
    Was only panicking yesterday about how i'll afford a new wardrobe once I hit target!
    Awesome!

6. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't go to group due to having to pay £5 or whatever it is these days and I know I would spend extra on magazines, books, hifi bars etc which would soon add up. I think it's quite unlikely that I will ever lose more than 5lb in a week so I'm not gonna save a fortune but its something to look forward to when my tin starts to get heavier and I get lighter

7. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    crikey... bet you have saved loads doing that. Here's to shopping and new wardrobes :D

8. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love shopping soooo much, probably too much in all honesty and can't wait to buy clothes out of the section for everyone and not just plus size! :D

9. Potatogirl

Potatogirl Doesn't like to wobble!!

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(9.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I reach my first target I'm going to have a trendy new do. My hair is an utter SHOCK at the minute and I know it sounds weird but I don't want to spend money on myself until I've achieved it.

I'm thinking I want a fringe......Never had one since I was 16 and I'm 38 now....twill be strange...:queen:check it out!!!

10. kim63

kim63 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(19.39%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Fiddlesticks.....I really wish I'd thought of putting £5 away every time I lost a pound in weight......I would have £140 to spend on new clothes by now. Would be quite handy as I have virtually no clothes that fit me now as they're all too big!!! Not complaining tho, will just have to work more hours to buy a new wardrobe!!! Or DH did say he would give me £500 once I got to target, but he's just bought us new road bikes & hasn't got any money left!!!

11. Butt3rb34n

Butt3rb34n Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I put all my Christmas and birthday money in a pot a long with a 5er here and there. Opened it up today see if I had enough for a rugby shirt and have over £350 can't wait to get to Target now so I can have clothes which actually fit.

12. AJB

AJB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I put £5 away for every pound lost - so every half a stone I buy myself a charm for my Links of London bracelet - think I'll get a cupcake one next time to remind me to stop scoffing :D

13. ladybelle

ladybelle Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.65%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was thinking of something along the lines of saving money /buying a charm; OH had said that he will buy a charm for every 1/2st off (my weight loss is slow) but has he says I now have to decide on what to go for as I have a slight charm obsession! Links of London or Thomas Sabo? Eek.
    As my weight loss has been slow I am giving myself mini rewards for losses; it's turning out to be a new nail varnish for each loss :-s again, somewhat of an obsession.

Well done everyone on all your losses and let's keep getting those rewards! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

14. Less of me

Less of me Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    These ideas sound great. Just one problem at the moment, I'm on maternity leave and any money I have I'm using on class and Zumba. Maybe I can catch up when I go back to work in October?
    Saying that I don't think I'd go mad with a new wardrobe as I'd like to get pregnant again, not for a while as I want to shift the weight first.
    Maybe I can make a piggy bank with IOUs

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

15. dirtydancing

dirtydancing Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.28%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    were did you buy your tin from, i would love one that i cant open until i reach target.

16. nc1967

nc1967 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(8.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have kept a tally of everything I have spent going to group, so when I don't feel motivated, I look at what I have already spent - and that spur's me on.
    I also like the idea of saving towards new clothes, at the moment I won't even go and look at anything, so hopefully when I do i can buy a size smaller

17. Bige

Bige Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Not sure if I'm allowed to answer, as not being a lady (few men here you know) But every £ I lose I put £5 in the photo Jar. I HATE all the photos of me but when I get to target I want to get a family portrait done of me, my better half and the 3 kids..

18. dirtydancing

dirtydancing Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.28%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    great idea.

19. Tracybubbles

Tracybubbles Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.13%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    In sure Iv seen those money tins in most pound shops.

20. *Theresa*

*Theresa* Full Member

Course you're allowed to answer...male or female we all have relatively the same issues with the odd minor tweak but what it boils down to is liking/not liking how you look and feeling good about yourself ;)

21. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    swit swoo! I'm sure you'll look great! I usually buy a new item of clothing every week.... shopping addict! I'm not even interested in buying new clothes at the moment.... moved onto bags and shoes lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.